WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

EFI vs EFI

Mototrig

Reaction score
School me on the merc. Between Black max 2.6 200hp EFI and 3.0 225hp EFI. Fuel consumption, reliability, rebuild/operating cost. I'm mainly concerned with pre 2000's since those years are more in my price range.

The 19' Cheetah powered by 225 EFI I posted earlier could very well be in my driveway soon.

The #1 reason I've not pulled the trigger this far on any boat is due to engine, primarily fuel consumption. My wife, kids and I stay near Willow Valley. In one weekend we'll cruise as far down as Topoc and as far up as Bullhead. Needless to say fuel consumption is very important. I've turned away from many beautiful boats powered with the Johnson/Evinrude carb'd 235's and 300's.

stoker2001

Reaction score
Both EFIs are great motors.3.0 will definatly be more torqey with less RPMs=better reliability...smiles per miles,get a bigger fuel tank if your worried about range

stingray11

Reaction score
There is not much difference, if any, in fuel economy between carb and EFI other than fuel management.IE/change in altitude,temp as the computer can adjust for that. Now there is a big difference in direct injected(Mercury optimax,Evinrude G1-G2 compared to EFI and carb. If your talking 2 stroke.

Last edited: