WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ehrenberg

Icky

Reaction score
Against my better judgment and all the warnings posted here I took that road to Parker tonight. Never again, after I passed the first road closed sign it started getting bad, the road was so rough I think it rattled every bolt loose in my trailer.

Then we came up to the chains required sign, and said screw it we got 4wd. Got all the way up to the avalanche and realized we made a mistake. Had to call AAA to pull us out of the snow, lost another few hours. Driver said dont you know this road closed, I said yeah but I'm heading to Parker. He said Parkers closed too:mad::mad:

Ended up going back and taking rice road, the shorter, quicker and proven way. Got to Parker and sure enough its closed for the weekend. Guess I'll go to Havasu :D:D:D

Taboma

Reaction score
Against my better judgment and all the warnings posted here I took that road to Parker tonight. Never again, after I passed the first road closed sign it started getting bad, the road was so rough I think it rattled every bolt loose in my trailer.

Then we came up to the chains required sign, and said screw it we got 4wd. Got all the way up to the avalanche and realized we made a mistake. Had to call AAA to pull us out of the snow, lost another few hours. Driver said dont you know this road closed, I said yeah but I'm heading to Parker. He said Parkers closed too:mad::mad:

Ended up going back and taking rice road, the shorter, quicker and proven way. Got to Parker and sure enough its closed for the weekend. Guess I'll go to Havasu :D:D:D

Well at least you didn't get attacked by Indians :eek: Ehrenberg route is closed for a reason, way to many things to get ya :(
Besides, all the cool people run Rice, you don't want to be seen exiting Route 1, not cool at all :p

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
OH,,,oh I get it.
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

wet hull

Reaction score
Haha. I ran Rice yesterday with reservations and very cautiously. Maybe 4 cars went opposite way of me and heavy highway patrol presence.

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score

What pissed me off was I did not have the exact change for the toll both so I had to go back to flying j

2Driver

Reaction score
Luckily, we ran into the local Park Ranger and he said with all the rain the ground is so soft that the Redwoods are falling over road making it impassable in 2 places.

With the Holiday, crews wont be out until the 5th to clear the road and that's only after the State comes to to ok the removal of the trees per the Cal endangered species act.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Luckily, we ran into the local Park Ranger and he said with all the rain the ground is so soft that the Redwoods are falling over road making it impassable in 2 places.

With the Holiday, crews wont be out until the 5th to clear the road and that's only after the State comes to to ok the removal of the trees per the Cal endangered species act.

Have you tried a different chain saw?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Maybe NOW you'll believe me. Been trying to tell you for Years!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is it really a felony for going 20 mph over speed limit in AZ? Easy to do on Poston RD if you miss the 35 signs.

DLC

Reaction score
Wow I didn’t think of that.

Your like a sitting duck if you don’t slow down, we drive thru a lot of those sections late at night on our way out...

Taboma

Reaction score
Yup, the 20 mph over Gotcha ---- and over 85 mph is also on that list :(

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Why the need to do 20 over on Posten?:p:D:D

BajaT

Reaction score
Is it really a felony for going 20 mph over speed limit in AZ? Easy to do on Poston RD if you miss the 35 signs.
20 + over speed limit becomes criminal ( you can go to jail), still a misdemeanor however.

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
We go the Ehrenberg way all the time. Once wife and I were busy yapping and I blew through the 1st “sped trap” 35 mph zone at 68, not realizing I was in that section already.

As soon as I did, I slowed my azz down as fast as I could without twisting the rotors in half, and Li and behold, there was a Injun patrol unit hanging on the shoulder.

He tomahawked me with his lights blazin’ and I pulled over right away.

As he came up to the window, I tried in vain to keep my bowels from erupting in fear into my shorts. When he approached the window, he noticed we were full capacity with little ones, asked me to step out of the vehicle, and I about shiat myself for real this time.

Went to front of his patrol car, he asked why I was going so fast, and I told him:

“I drive this route every weekend, and know this Hwy like the back of my hand, but can honestly tell you that my wife and I were so deep into a conversation that I spaced that we were already on top of the “change in speed” zone.

He looked at me for about 8 seconds, not saying a word, with his long, black as night hair slightly swirling from the hot, stale wind that was attempting to diminish the sweat starting to roll down my back, and finally said,

“I appreciate your honesty, but you know I can arrest you and impound your vehicle for how fast you were going.”

I said he would be in his due power to do so and I wouldn’t blame him and that I’d be pretty pissed off too, but I would greatly appreciate it if he wouldn’t.

Again, he looked me over for a good few seconds, sighed, paused and proceeded to tell me to slow the crap down, letting me go with a warning

I kissed the sacred ground, gave him a quick prayer and genuine “thank you” and drove the rest of the way into Havasu, as if I had just conquered the devil and closed the gates of hell forever.

Moral of the story: pay attention to the “slow downs” and “gotcha” areas on that road.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
you guys are talking about that white road on the AZ side that goes between the two 95's right? I didnt hit any toll booths, etc... then again I rolled through there at about 3am.

36676491_10155904551219833_7506562158537211904_n.jpg

Reaction score
you guys are talking about that white road on the AZ side that goes between the two 95's right? I didnt hit any toll booths, etc... then again I rolled through there at about 3am.

36676491_10155904551219833_7506562158537211904_n.jpg

There is a white box next to the 35mph sign. When you pay the toll, it dispenses a sticker you place on the passenger side lower window. You can peel it off and through it away when you're off Indian land farm land.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
There is a white box next to the 35mph sign. When you pay the toll, it dispenses a sticker you place on the passenger side lower window. You can peel it off and through it away when you're off Indian land farm land.

LOL what?