WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

EILVIS MOVIE POSTER BOATING

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Another item from my collection of boat memorabilia. Note Elvis in shovel nose hydro.
E8426E35-BEB5-497A-B0C5-82DB6AF36183.jpeg

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I think it's just a bad drawing of the Mandella he supposedly drove in the movie. The windshield is very similar. All footage of him "driving" the boat was shot in studio with green screen. You can see the same exact background several times actually. Another interesting note is the damaged boat that he supposedly repaired with "Goop" was almost my first boat purchase until I called my friend Carson and he clued me in on it.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I think it's just a bad drawing of the Mandella he supposedly drove in the movie. The windshield is very similar. All footage of him "driving" the boat was shot in studio with green screen. You can see the same exact background several times actually. Another interesting note is the damaged boat that he supposedly repaired with "Goop" was almost my first boat purchase until I called my friend Carson and he clued me in on it.
I think your right, there was no hydro in the film so I found it strange but the movies after all. Also, as you point out about being a Mandella…After looking at it with that in mind, it does have the rounded Mandella deck going back to the cowling.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I think your right, there was no hydro in the film so I found it strange but the movies after all. Also, as you point out about being a Mandella…After looking at it with that in mind, it does have the rounded Mandella deck going back to the cowling.
Yes, I grew up around the Mandella shop, my dad crewed for Lou at the races. I've known Carson probably since I was 12, and got some of the movie story from him.

Poster is still way cool!

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Forgot to mention why I posted….Today marks 45 years since his death.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Yes, I grew up around the Mandella shop, my dad crewed for Lou at the races. I've known Carson probably since I was 12, and got some of the movie story from him.

Poster is still way cool!
Jesus. I didn’t know Carson was that old.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Clambake bwahaha! That poster is bitchen!