WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Electric bikes

zhandfull

Reaction score
Pick up two recycled Sondors e-bikes. Think these might be Costco returns. One looked brand new unopened box. The other had minor scuff on front fork.

We looked at them at Costco before Christmas and they were $1,299.00 each.
Bought the recycled e-bike on special through Sondors email offer for $499 plus tax and shipping. All in two bikes for less than price of one.

Not the best bike out there but pretty reasonable priced if you get in on a sale like this.

Costco is still carrying them so I’m sure in the future these recycled unit will pop up on sale again.
93C92D75-9EAA-40C6-92B6-715997DF207C.png

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Reviving this thread. Just picked up some Soul bikes for the wife and I! My cousin has some and my wife has been wanting one since she saw them so this is her mothers day gift. For anyone looking Soul has them in stock and ready to go. I got mine in 4 days shipped to me from the day I placed the order. Question for you guys, what locks are you using when cruising around. I will probably never let them out of eye sight but I still want a good lock regardless

View attachment 1207862 View attachment 1207861
The wife and I picked up a pair of Souls as well. They are a great way to get around town.

beerrun

Reaction score
Reviving this thread. Just picked up some Soul bikes for the wife and I! My cousin has some and my wife has been wanting one since she saw them so this is her mothers day gift. For anyone looking Soul has them in stock and ready to go. I got mine in 4 days shipped to me from the day I placed the order. Question for you guys, what locks are you using when cruising around. I will probably never let them out of eye sight but I still want a good lock regardless

View attachment 1207862 View attachment 1207861
20230311_100337.jpg

BabyRay

Reaction score
Long post. Maybe more than you wanna know. The gist is; the picture shows my bike. 😉

I bought this Specialized Turbo Creo last year. It has Carbon fiber frame, seatpost, seat rails and wheels. Weighs 27 lbs., including the battery. Has a realistic range of approximately 50-60 miles, and with the 4 lb. range extender battery I can get another 25-30 miles. I added 42mm tubeless tires, slick in the center for pavement and slightly knobby toward the outside, so it can handle gravel nicely. It has a mid-drive motor, with only 35Nm of torque, so I do have to work, but I like that. I actually replaced my previous ebike with this because that one had more torque and didn’t feel natural enough. It also has wireless shifting, which is very precise and I’ve been told by a tech will likely never need adjustment (so far, it’s been perfect).

I also added a third-party device and app that overrides the factory settings, so I can adjust the power in 5% increments with the push of a button, rather than the normal 3 steps. If you’ve ever felt like the steps between modes are too significant, you can appreciate that. And I added a Garmin radar, so I can say a quick prayer if I’m about to be rear-ended. 😱

Pure fun! I’m 69, and my typical rides are 20-30 miles (3-4 times per week, weather allowing), with a 40-50 thrown in occasionally, none of which I’d be able to do on a conventional bike due to bad knees and a screwed up back. I’m doing strength training with a physical trainer now (should have never stopped!), so I can hopefully do even better, or at least not decline too badly as I age. 😂 My dream is to ride the STP (Seattle-to-Portland) in 2024, when I’ll be 70. Hopefully that’s not too much of a stretch, but it’s good to have a goal, right?

1678565600546.jpeg