Electric bikes

beerrun

Reaction score
Anyone do electric bikes? Looking at soul beach cruiser
Screenshot_20210717-133334_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
We have 2 from Electric Bike company. Easily our favorite purchase in the last year. They’ve got 350+miles on them now just from weekend rides around Havasu. My daughter just bought Murfs. They love them. Ride them around San Clemente almost daily.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Have 2 Ecotric Seagulls
1000 watt 7 speed shimano. 26 mph without even pedaling lol
Are they the best? nope. Are they the lightest? nope
I think I paid $2200 for 2 bikes after discounts and accessories
They let you do test rides too. 18 month warranty
image0000001 (9).jpg
image0000011 (1) (1).jpg
image0000011 (4).jpg
image0000001 (8).jpg

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Got one of these last year. Very happy with it.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Have 2 Ecotric Seagulls
View attachment 1026538 View attachment 1026539 View attachment 1026540 View attachment 1026541

Where is that last pic at???

manxman

Reaction score
I have 4 electric bikes and 2 electric motorcycle/bikes.
Bulls E-stream evo for me
Bulls Copperhead evo for my wife
Fantic X1 140 for my 14 year old son
House of lithium 20" fat tire for my 11 year old son
plus a segway x260 and a surron x that me and my oldest son ride
We literally use them every weekend. At first it was to justify the purchase, but now it is what we look forward to do.
My son has 1600 miles on his fantic and rides it almost daily
I have 300-400 miles on my bike and my wifes has probably 200 miles on it in the last few months.
Even my 11 year old (lazy one of the bunch) has over 300 miles on his fat tire bike.
It really is a game changer if you enjoy riding, but cant always keep up!
20210304_120625.jpg
20210502_151420.jpg
20210502_152042.jpg
20210411_121746.jpg
20210227_121431.jpg
20201111_124100.jpg

Last edited:

ssc

Reaction score
I have many bikes. My electric is an Electric Bike Company model R. I like that they are local-Newport and Huntington Beach. Mostly American made. The real question is what do you intend to do with the bike? Mountain biking, trails, beach cruiser etc. How many miles do you plan on riding helps to determine battery options. I ride the bike paths between Newport and Sunset. The reason I got an electric bike was that I had back surgery and was off my bikes for a year or so and thought a bit of assist would be helpful. Also, if it is breezy, the e-bike is great. No more struggling with a headwind.

You can stop by EBC and test ride their various models. My only gripe is the handlebars. I am not big on the wide cruiser bars. I will be replacing them soon. With that said, e-bikes are here to stay and I love them. I still ride my other bikes, but the e-bike is a lot of fun.

Cheers, Steve
IMG_3361.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Bear Springs Rd, Williams Az. That's where the bikes are at now.

Nice. Looks a lot like Monanche Meadows up in the Sierra's. I have a friend with a place up in Williams. Might have to go visit her and see what's up!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Nice. Looks a lot like Monanche Meadows up in the Sierra's. I have a friend with a place up in Williams. Might have to go visit her and see what's up!
Love Williams. Just bought a home there in Highland meadows by the golf course.
Been going camping/boondocking there for almost 20 years.
Have the rzr and motorcycle there now.
Nice small town atmosphere and the scenery is amazing
7000' elevation. 30* cooler than Havasu. Neighbor across street is from Havasu
stop on by:)

Wedgy

Reaction score
Have 2 Ecotric Seagulls
View attachment 1026538 View attachment 1026539 View attachment 1026540 View attachment 1026541
That's s pretty good deal in the current market. Not the fastest, not the slowest, definitely not the most expensive. Well done!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We have folding ebikes as we travel full time and I did not want them hanging on a rack on back of Jeep. Ours fit in the back of the wrangler
View attachment 1026585
What type are those? Those would be cool to have when I have the big trailer hitched, or if I ever get to go racing again.

beerrun

Reaction score
We are looking for beach cruising and to take camping

riverroyal

Reaction score
I almost ran over 2 girls about a hour ago in carlsbad. No light. No common sense.
Must have been 50 bikes with kids at starbucks.
Parents.....make sure your kids understand you are going to die getting hit by a car. Stay out of the F"ing road.

They are everywhere around me.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I have a 26" Cook Bros Racing Cruiser from the 80's era, original paint . . . fully sealed lower bottom bracket, cantilever brakes, brooks saddle, bullseye hubs . . . 4130 chrome moly . . . all OG . . . . I bulit my Dad a 26" 'Champion' w/ the dual down-tube and squared lower frame . . . that one has a Sturmey Archer 5 speed internal shifting rear hub . . . JP Bear Trap Billet pedals, and a 'bell' for the boardwalk . . . . I've got 2 'Basset' cruisers (yes same comapny as the exhaust headers) . . . one is a 24" and the other is a full size 26" . . . . if you ever see me on an electric bike, feel free to shoot me in the head. 😎

NicPaus

Reaction score
I went with the most comfortable seat I could find. The main dealership is in Fountain Valley. E Lux. Not the best, but was the most comfortable.
20210207_123527.jpg

ssc

Reaction score
I have a 26" Cook Bros Racing Cruiser from the 80's era, original paint . . . fully sealed lower bottom bracket, cantilever brakes, brooks saddle, bullseye hubs . . . 4130 chrome moly . . . all OG . . . . I bulit my Dad a 26" 'Champion' w/ the dual down-tube and squared lower frame . . . that one has a Sturmey Archer 5 speed internal shifting rear hub . . . JP Bear Trap Billet pedals, and a 'bell' for the boardwalk . . . . I've got 2 'Basset' cruisers (yes same comapny as the exhaust headers) . . . one is a 24" and the other is a full size 26" . . . . if you ever see me on an electric bike, feel free to shoot me in the head. 😎
Pictures! Please.
Cheers, Steve

Reactions: DLC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
how much do they weigh??? can you put 2 on a regular bike rack

kiwi77

Reaction score
Have one of these for sale... brand new.

shaffewm

Reaction score
We have a couple of the Souls. Great bikes and the charge seems to last a long time rode up to Ojai from Ventura and back yesterday and didn’t loose any charging levels.

bonesfab

Reaction score

If you ever want to part with one of the Bassett cruiser's let me know. My last name happens to be Bassett. Pure bred hound.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My pedego left me stranded again for the second time in a year, well not stranded but i had to pedal from newps to sunset in a stiff 20 mph afternoon breeze, people were jogging faster. Its 11 years old so not to bad, but time for something new. I like the soul but it looks like getting one before summer end may be tough. Might even get the chick one, easier to get on.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My pedego left me stranded again for the second time in a year, well not stranded but i had to pedal from newps to sunset in a stiff 20 mph afternoon breeze, people were jogging faster. Its 11 years old so not to bad, but time for something new. I like the soul but it looks like getting one before summer end may be tough. Might even get the chick one, easier to get on.
Is it a battery or motor issue? Never had an E-bike. As they become more popular, the prices are becoming better. So, may not be a bad idea for the wife and I.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Is it a battery or motor issue? Never had an E-bike. As they become more popular, the prices are becoming better. So, may not be a bad idea for the wife and I.
It just lost power, I had a spare battery at the truck so I know that part is good. I just replaced controller and motor year or so ago. It's 11-12 years old and spent all that time at beach so is time for something less rusty and more modern lol. For the beach with the wife or GF, you can't go wrong, the wind kicks up my girl is ready to throw in the towel or not go but with power we can do a 10-12 mile evening ride no problem.

fmo24

Reaction score
What type are those? Those would be cool to have when I have the big trailer hitched, or if I ever get to go racing again.
Addmotor. They have many styles available. We wanted the folding so we could store them and not have them hanging on a bike rack. We do rest stops and truck stops when on the road.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Ordered a Soul, be here next week. Pretty cool owner of place calls you as soon as online order goes in. Would of liked to go a little custom on it but I want it ASAP.

F32Pilot

Reaction score
I have 2 of the Soul electric bikes and a few of their pedal bikes. I really couldn’t be happier with them.

beerrun

Reaction score
Ordered a Soul, be here next week. Pretty cool owner of place calls you as soon as online order goes in. Would of liked to go a little custom on it but I want it ASAP.
How long from ordered to delivery

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I almost ran over 2 girls about a hour ago in carlsbad. No light. No common sense.
Parents.....make sure your kids understand you are going to die getting hit by a car. Stay out of the F"ing road.

Bicyclists will be the first to tell you they have the "right of way".

I tell them - your right! And you can be right, and be dead, at the same time.........

beerrun

Reaction score
Almost got that one, but decided to stay with white.

Depends on Model, I went with the one that was in stock, so 2 weeks probably maybe even one week to be at warehouse in Cerritos . Most the stuff will be sept oct time frame.
Let us know how you like them

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score

I just sold my 10 Year old Pedego Comfort Cruiser for $800 and upgraded to the new Pedego Element for $1800. Its been great so far. Only goes up to 20 which is plenty for the bike paths. Fat tire too so you can get across the sand when you need to.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I just sold my 10 Year old Pedego Comfort Cruiser for $800 and upgraded to the new Pedego Element for $1800. Its been great so far. Only goes up to 20 which is plenty for the bike paths. Fat tire too so you can get across the sand when you need to.
Probably keep it as extra, I'm having all new controller, throttle and cables put on it, its 11 year old, maybe more so good run. Hopefully my Soul bike will be here this week, compare it to the pedego.

Last edited:

badgas

Reaction score
We have these. Aventon pace 500 and my wife has the 350 step thru. We picked them up a litte over a year ago at Fullerton ebikes. Pay cash and they wave the sales tax. The upside to these is that they are like a cruiser with gears and not too heavy. You can easily ride them with a dead battery however that has never happened. My longest ride was Cypress to Newport beach and back about 47 miles and still had 1/2 a battery because I was peddeling. They are also light enough that you can lift them onto a bike rack for normal size wheels and not break your back. Fun for the beach and alos nice for the hills in Havasu. They fit on my Thule T2 bike rack that we already use for our mountain bikes.

The downside is that they dont have a suspension fork or fat off road tires if you wanted to venture into rough stuff but those bikes suck if you ever needed to peddle them on the road without power. pick and choose your needs. There are times at the beack when we ride with poeple who just have regular criusers and I just tuen off any peddle assist and its like riding a normal bike with gears.

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Just picked mine up and built it last night.

Attachments

• CE4EB60D-B903-463D-A296-31737529090B.jpeg
    CE4EB60D-B903-463D-A296-31737529090B.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 916AB1DC-85A5-49A9-92B8-987C36A651AF.jpeg
    916AB1DC-85A5-49A9-92B8-987C36A651AF.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 208

WAAZ

Reaction score

Literally, just got off the phone with the owner. I’ve been looking at Souls for a few years. I think their styling can’t be beat. This thread made me pull the trigger. I’m pretty stoked!

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Same one I got, looks sweet! Did you pick it up at warehouse in Cerritos? If so how was assembly? iv'e heard the ones delivered to the WH have the most to assemble.

yah. Come’s in a TV box. Takes 30-45 minutes to assemble depending on your skills. Just don’t over torque the billet stem! Torqued mine to 50 lb. INCHES
5 kn according to Soul. 50 was lowest my wrench goes

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Yeah Carlsbad is not much for biking around crowded downtown.... I had to learn the back streets to stay alive.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Anyone do electric bikes? Looking at soul beach cruiser View attachment 1026520
I'm an ebike convert lately and love them.... for seaside cruising its a game changer. There's a fair amount of chatter about folks going too fast on our boardwalks and I imagine they'll be some nasty wrecks but so far I haven't noticed much blood stains on concrete. They come in a lot of shapes, sizes, power and costs so just do your due dilligence and jump in. I've been riding this beefy thing lately, its a Santa Monica PD issued public auction grab and very durable & heavy. I'm 280 lbs and it gets me where I'm going with some assitance on steeper climbs home. Enjoy whichever you go with..... they're taking over for sure.
1629226509501.png

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
I'm an ebike convert lately and love them.... for seaside cruising its a game changer. There's a fair amount of chatter about folks going too fast on our boardwalks and I imagine they'll be some nasty wrecks but so far I haven't noticed much blood stains on concrete. They come in a lot of shapes, sizes, power and costs so just do your due dilligence and jump in. I've been riding this beefy thing lately, its a Santa Monica PD issued public auction grab and very durable & heavy. I'm 280 lbs and it gets me where I'm going with some assitance on steeper climbs home. Enjoy whichever you go with..... they're taking over for sure.
View attachment 1039010

Rad bike. I am definitely sold on them. I just need to decide on which one to go with.

Reactions: DLC