WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Electric bikes

Familyties

Reaction score
We bought two Driven Electric Bikes from Costa Mesa CA. Very happy with the performance and the 80 mile battery life. You can find cheaper and more expensive ones but you will be happy with these. drivenbikes.com

Attachments

• IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    552.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 164

KenJoeBob

Drunk Member
Reaction score
We bought two Driven Electric Bikes from Costa Mesa CA. Very happy with the performance and the 80 mile battery life. You can find cheaper and more expensive ones but you will be happy with these. drivenbikes.com
Gay Just kidding nice bikes.

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering a Soul for me and the wife. How do you like yours so far?

I don't have hers yet. I got my wife the 24" Miss Saber (she is 5'3")......and I'm glad I did. the 26" regular saber is a BIG bike. I love it man. built very very well and just look so sleek. I love the BMX look and styling it has.

Reactions: DLC

boatnam2

Reaction score
I get mine Friday, i got the chick bike, easier to get on with my short legs. Just got pedego out of shop also so now i have a spare.

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
I don't have hers yet. I got my wife the 24" Miss Saber (she is 5'3")......and I'm glad I did. the 26" regular saber is a BIG bike. I love it man. built very very well and just look so sleek. I love the BMX look and styling it has.

Thanks that is helpful. My wife is 5'9" and I was thinking about the 26" for her. I might go for the 24" if its that big.

joecfd1

Reaction score

We bought 2 fron Ben at Driven 2 months ago. We wanted a fat tire for my wife as well but she's only 5'1" and it was a little tall for her. Great bikes, great service, I would highly recommend Driven E Bikes.

E Bikes.jpg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
We bought 2 fron Ben at Driven 2 months ago. We wanted a fat tire for my wife as well but she's only 5'1" and it was a little tall for her. Great bikes, great service, I would highly recommend Driven E Bikes.

View attachment 1039716
Is the battery tucked in where gas tank is? Hadn't seen that before.....

Flynryan

Reaction score
picking mine up on monday

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I bought a driven fat tire from Ben, great guy & love the bike!!!

Mikes56

Reaction score
We bought two Specialized Turbo Vados. I want to start traveling a little bit on them. Maybe go up the coast along the 101. Four couples rode from Ventura to Santa Barbara, had dinner on State St., spent the night, and rode back the next day. It was 85 miles round trip. It was a little rough going back because we all drank too much at dinner the night before.

We‘ve had more fun on our ebikes than any other toy I’ve owned. I want to get Specialized Levos next so we can MTB.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I'm going to pull the trigger today on two of these.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I'm going to pull the trigger today on two of these.

I was going to buy that 1 originally. But it had a lot of negative reviews. My GF has the Nakto 700$ one that is common. Battery took a shit before a year but the seller is reputable and warrantied it. He said never let the Battery drain completely and always recharge after using. I just fixed a electrical issue on it. Chaffed wire where it went in the frame. Need to put the new brake pads on I just received (cheap 8$). Overall it's a good bang for the buck.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I was going to buy that 1 originally. But it had a lot of negative reviews. My GF has the Nakto 700$ one that is common. Battery took a shit before a year but the seller is reputable and warrantied it. He said never let the Battery drain completely and always recharge after using. I just fixed a electrical issue on it. Chaffed wire where it went in the frame. Need to put the new brake pads on I just received (cheap 8$). Overall it's a good bang for the buck.

I watched a few review videos and they all liked it so I placed the order. I ordered off amazon and paid for an additional two year warranty in case anything goes wrong.

Singleton

Reaction score
Love / hate relationship
All the middle school kids with them are causing issues in my hood - school district almost banded them

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Love / hate relationship
All the middle school kids with them are causing issues in my hood - school district almost banded them
Yup, here at the shore the kids all ride em from schools home and it looks like its getting a bit outta hand as far as their driving/ riding skills. I was on the ferry with a few young boys riding high end bmx looking ebikes. Lots of power displayed when they got off ferry... had enough torque to pull a mini wheelie. They headed down towards Wedge running fast on sidewalks so unfortunately they'll be some gnarly accidents at some point. They looked about 12 and all had helmets.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I'm an ebike convert lately and love them.... for seaside cruising its a game changer. There's a fair amount of chatter about folks going too fast on our boardwalks and I imagine they'll be some nasty wrecks but so far I haven't noticed much blood stains on concrete. They come in a lot of shapes, sizes, power and costs so just do your due dilligence and jump in. I've been riding this beefy thing lately, its a Santa Monica PD issued public auction grab and very durable & heavy. I'm 280 lbs and it gets me where I'm going with some assitance on steeper climbs home. Enjoy whichever you go with..... they're taking over for sure.
View attachment 1039010
That may be the only issue with these down the road, the people riding them. People go way to fast where there are large crowds IE: underneath HB Pier. Then you got the rental places renting them to people who can barely ride and their riding down the sidewalk on main street.

NicPaus

Reaction score
As you enter Hermosa on the strand already signs saying they are not allowed. But never see it being enforced. Just like the walk bike signs at the pier everyone rides by.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
As you enter Hermosa on the strand already signs saying they are not allowed. But never see it being enforced. Just like the walk bike signs at the pier everyone rides by.
Not allowed, wow..... that'd indeed be tough to enforce. Seems like the trend has really moved to ebikes.

ssc

Reaction score
I agree that the ebike trend is not going away, nor will they ban them. However, from what I have been told, the police have been instructed to start writing speeding tickets. I have seen a few ebikes stopped by police between Newport and HB. Not long ago an idiot on an ebike ran into an older woman and her dog. The dog died and she had some political clout. The story goes that the city(Newport) debated banning ebikes but concluded that the horse was long out of the barn, so speeding tickets was the answer.

A few weeks ago a friend got hit by an asshole on an ebike who was speeding and riding like an idiot. Not only did he bust up my friends bike, but he cracked 2 ribs. The asshole just looked at him and sped off. I got run off the strand by some young asswipe female who was cruising along reading her phone.

Hence, the problem isn't the ebike. It is the same asshole stupid people we see everyday. They bring there stupid behavior to any and all aspects of life. So, it is not a surprise that we see their stupid behavior as it relates to ebikes. No common courtesy, nor common sense, nor common decency. Plus they don't take any responsibility for their actions. The rental of ebikes is problematic as are the idiots who are riding while under the influence.

Just my thoughts, but I will still keep riding my ebike. I prefer riding during the week.

Cheers, Steve

Flynryan

Reaction score
65145322582__DF186A3C-D272-422B-BACC-A7E983B24D65.jpg

So I just picked this up today and assembled it.
Its 1000 watt so faster than my electric beach cruiser that is 48v and I believe 500 watt or 750.
Top speed w/o peddling is around 26mph. Its a level 2 bike
The fat tires is something that takes some getting use to but so far I like it

boatnam2

Reaction score
Got my SOUL put together today, first impressions....Built like a tank and love the power. Hate the thumb throttle and don't really care for it on left side of the bars. Cant say I'm a fan of the fat tires either, makes the front end feel to heavy and almost wants to turn itself when you turn to far. Get a few miles on it and see if i get use to it some.

Pinball

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a conversion kit and electrified their regular bike? Seems cost effective if you have a decent bike to start with, but I wouldn’t want to end up with some eye sore kludge either.

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
View attachment 1041702
So I just picked this up today and assembled it.
Its 1000 watt so faster than my electric beach cruiser that is 48v and I believe 500 watt or 750.
Top speed w/o peddling is around 26mph. Its a level 2 bike
The fat tires is something that takes some getting use to but so far I like it

Great looking bike! I am still debating on ordering a Soul. I a just waiting for more feedback from people before I order two. There are so many ebike options out there.

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
Got my SOUL put together today, first impressions....Built like a tank and love the power. Hate the thumb throttle and don't really care for it on left side of the bars. Cant say I'm a fan of the fat tires either, makes the front end feel to heavy and almost wants to turn itself when you turn to far. Get a few miles on it and see if i get use to it some.

Good feedback. Which model did you end up going with?

DwatsPdx

Reaction score

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I purchased this one. We rode down and UP the Hiawatha Trail last month. I didn't know a lot about them, but I'm happy so far. I knew what I didn't want. I tried a few of them and when I started peddling they took off WAY too fast for me. I'm not a super experienced rider, and I just like to cruise. So I prefer the more subtle boost. Jeff does not have an e-bike, and I really just wanted to be able to better keep up with him and still get a workout. I didn't want to invest a lot of $$ in case I didn't like it. This does the job for now. I've already upgraded the seat and plan to put a suspension post under it as well. Probably when we go to Moab next month. Considering how much trouble I had finding a small or x-small anywhere, I was happy to find one in Missoula that I rode out of the store and didn't have to wait weeks for. When I was shopping in Reno, they just laughed when I asked for a lady's e-bike in small. "Next year," was the most common response.

https://www.liv-cycling.com/us/rove-eplus

MY21RoveE+_ColorALaurel.jpg

Last edited:

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
As soon as i can get a day off i will take it for a beach run and let you know more, your welcome to meet me there and try it when I do.

Yeah man that would be extremely helpful!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Think I might go the white step thru route also.
I assume these are just regular seat mount posts? I want a big ass comfy seat on the thing..

Yes, you can change the seat to something more comfortable if you like.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Think I might go the white step thru route also.
I assume these are just regular seat mount posts? I want a big ass comfy seat on the thing..

this is similar to the seat mine came with. It was a $280 upgrade on the base model bike. They talked me into the high end model as it came with this seat, bigger battery, better brakes and bigger motor. Just over 3k after tax from E Lux. Only features I have felt I really needed was the seat.
Screenshot_20210824-142900_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210824-142742_Samsung Internet.jpg

Liberated

Reaction score
We have 2 from Electric Bike company. Easily our favorite purchase in the last year. They’ve got 350+miles on them now just from weekend rides around Havasu. My daughter just bought Murfs. They love them. Ride them around San Clemente almost daily.
My wife and I just bought Murfs as well. Best thing we have bought yet! They are badass!!!!

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Ordered one of these..

4274475179_40720148428_himiway-step-thru_1800x1800.jpg

So what do you do with these bigger bikes at nite in campgrounds to keep them from getting stolen?
Mavric makes a nice smaller one that folds so you could store under the moho or in locked vehicle.
I wanted full size just because but as we travel more keeping these safe at nite will become more important.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We either put them back on the bike rack (which has locks) or use the mobile bike locks and lock them to the bumper of a vehicle or picnic table.

boatnam2

Reaction score
So I finally got a day off, did some adjusting on the SOUL BIKE. First thing was add air to front tire, so turning is way better now. Added a padded seat and shock post, nice little improvement. Adjusted all the levers and now the thumb deal on the throttle feels way better, I still don't like it on the left hand side but it is what it is. Messed with the pedal assist some, nice little multiple level deal when pedaling without giving it juice via throttle. Brakes are really good for a 70 pound sled, got to be careful not to grab a handful of that front one. All in all pretty solid bike.

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
So I finally got a day off, did some adjusting on the SOUL BIKE. First thing was add air to front tire, so turning is way better now. Added a padded seat and shock post, nice little improvement. Adjusted all the levers and now the thumb deal on the throttle feels way better, I still don't like it on the left hand side but it is what it is. Messed with the pedal assist some, nice little multiple level deal when pedaling without giving it juice via throttle. Brakes are really good for a 70 pound sled, got to be careful not to grab a handful of that front one. All in all pretty solid bike.

Awesome!! Thank you for the update. We are sold on them.

Brian

Reaction score
Not to thread hi jack but.......anybody rocking electric scooters? Been starting to look at some and curious if we have any real world reviews here.