WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Electric bikes

DaBank

Reaction score
Any one have a Lectric EBike? Was looking at folding models for the motorhome and maybe to fit in back of a Jeep JKU?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We took our bikes to Joshua Tree this past weekend and rode around the park off road for about 20 miles. It’s amazing how well the fat wheels handle all different terrain. They are so much fun to ride around. We have around 100+ miles on them so far.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Any one have a Lectric EBike? Was looking at folding models for the motorhome and maybe to fit in back of a Jeep JKU?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-02 at 1.03.25 PM.jpeg

boatnam2

Reaction score
Mine is the 26”. I believe the 24” & 26” refer to the frame size not the wheels. Could be wrong though, it wouldn’t shock me.
Might be right, I didn't think about that. I know my tire is 26" but maybe there is 2 size frames.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Mine is the 26”. I believe the 24” & 26” refer to the frame size not the wheels. Could be wrong though, it wouldn’t shock me.
Might be right, I didn't think about that. I know my tire is 26" but maybe there is 2 size frames.
Usually its wheel size. My MT bike is a 29” wheel and frame size are different.

I’ve been talking to Kerry and need to call him back on what colors are available right now. They also raises their price from 2499 to 2999.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
So you have had them awhile. Do you still think they are a good value? Thinking of getting a couple for the wife’s birthday.
Our Soul's were supposed to be in stock Mid Nov, but like everything else they are delayed. Hopefully by end of next week or right before Christmas.

I would act fast as I don't think they will have stock bikes for sale for a while... Everything that is coming in has been purchases already.

manxman

Reaction score
just picked an HOL (house of lithium) bike up yesterday. This thing is bad ass! Full suspension, 20" fat tire. Does 32 mph. Pedal assist or throttle.

These things are awsome!!!
20211206_172758.jpg
20211206_172803.jpg
20211206_172814.jpg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I got couple of the RAD fat tire versions for big boys.... just ordered a addt'l battery from RAD.... $600 so aint cheap but really fun I gotta say!

2Driver

Reaction score
Save your receipt. The POS build back better bill has up to $900 tax credit for buying one.

LOL Let’s all join Biden and the liberals and stop riding pedal bikes and get an electric bike for climate sake.

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
You bought the lock too.
I have it on mine for both of ours and love how it can easily fold and store.
They look good
I put the thumb throttle on the right side on mine as I hated it being on the left. I had to cut the grip a tiny bit though
Did not get the lock as there is a video of it being taken apart very quickly. I’ll see if I can find it.

Not sure what the box does on the lady 24”. Mine doesn’t have one.

Here is the video.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Did not get the lock as there is a video of it being taken apart very quickly. I’ll see if I can find it.

Not sure what the box does on the lady 24”. Mine doesn’t have one.

Here is the video.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We cruised around a little today about 12 miles and kids road non electric MT bikes.

They are fun and I like them. I peddled most of it, but peddling large tires suck.

I feel the brakes are little small for how fast this thing can go and if using peddle assets on the lowest setting there is too much help. I think there some adjustments in the control module to fix that.

I’m happy with the purchase and can’t wait for a beach cruise.

We are think about hitting up Death Valley and camp as the wife has covid and kids are home for 20 days. Should be fun there ( I think, it’s been 15 yrs since I’ve been).

Flynryan

Reaction score
Be careful in the dirt, those tires suck off pavement

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Be careful in the dirt, those tires suck off pavement
Thanks for the info. We road horse trails and all was fine. I don’t think I would want to peddle these fat tires in some thicker stuff.

Mike K

Reaction score
I am learning about electric bikes too.
I have learned they come in 3 Classes.
Class 1 = slow 36 volt … legal in CA and most campgrounds etc. & no helmet
Class 2 = better 48 volt … legal in CA and most campgrounds etc & no helmet.
Class 3 = fast 52 volt … not legal in most cities … everyone must wear a helmet.
Apparently the Govt makes EBikes put their Class # on the bikes and it’s illegal to tamper with them.
San Clemente just banned E Bikes totally.
I don’t think that the cops are really enforcing EBike rules though … but when they do … it would be kinda uncool to spend $3000 on a Class 3 and be hassled all the time.
The only reason we haven’t bought a couple Ebikes is the problem with non-stop theft.
Not kidding … there isn’t a lock available that can’t keep thieves with angle grinders to not get your $2K to 3K bike in under a minute.
So … you can’t really stop anywhere to go inside and have a drink without worrying all the time.
You can’t really drive around with a 40lbs lock on the bike somewhere either.
Even those Kryptonite locks can be cut in 30 seconds. Google EBike theft on YouTube.
1,400,000 Ebikes stolen in 2021.
I really want one of these …
Not crying wolf here … or being such a downer but the EBike industry has to figure out the theft problem.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Class 3 = fast 52 volt … not legal in most cities … everyone must wear a helmet.
Apparently the Govt makes EBikes put their Class # on the bikes and it’s illegal to tamper with them.
I don’t think that the cops are really enforcing EBike rules though … but when they do … it would be kinda uncool to spend $3000 on a Class 3 and be hassled all the time.
The only reason we haven’t bought a couple Ebikes is the problem with non-stop theft.
Not kidding … there isn’t a lock available that can’t keep thieves with angle grinders to not get your $2K to 3K bike in under a minute.
So … you can’t really stop anywhere to go inside and have a drink without worrying all the time.
Even those Kryptonite locks can be cut in 30 seconds. Google EBike theft on YouTube.
Not crying wolf here … or being such a downer but the EBike industry has to figure out the theft problem.
Mine are labeled class #2 that come with a 25 mph limit. But in the control module you change it to 99, but that doesn't mean it can go that fast. Just removes the governor. Not that i think your should be doing 25 on the board walk though...

The lock thing is big deal and as you said there is nothing that I have seen that can stop it... There needs to be something that can lock the motor from rotating in the control, and some type of audible alarm that creates attention if its being disturbed . IDK, just thinking.

Ol Man

Reaction score
We bought two of these in December and have only used half a dozen times so far. They seem pretty nice for under a grand. We just use them around the neighborhood and to take on camping trips.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Class 3 = fast 52 volt … not legal in most cities … everyone mur st wear a helmet.
I thought in San Clemente there were only off limits near the railroad tracks area. Its all dirt there and are major walking paths. Maybe Im wrong?

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
I got this for sale

$ 1800 RDP Price
I got this for sale

$ 1800 RDP Price
40mile or 140 mile?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Saw this while whacking out motorcycle shop. Anyone have seen or have one. Thoughts and opinion on them?

41DA7354-079D-4968-A26D-EF8727980001.jpeg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Saw this while whacking out motorcycle shop. Anyone have seen or have one. Thoughts and opinion on them?

View attachment 1139627
I tested one of these, one of the nicer throttle bikes out there.
I ended up w this Haibike, Been great so far.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Are they really electric bicycles or are they just weak EV mopeds? Just trying to figure out if they are worth the squeeze?

I figure I could just terrorize the bike path on a customized Grom and reel in all the ladies and look pretty cool doing it...😎

zhandfull

Reaction score
I went with the most comfortable seat I could find. The main dealership is in Fountain Valley. E Lux. Not the best, but was the most comfortable. View attachment 1026708

I was looking for a cruiser like that. Really wanted one without the fat tires and with standard hand brakes. Old school looking with a battery. 😁

I might just break down and get a couple like yours. Look like they would be great for the beach.

My buddy bought a Sondors Electric bike couple years ago, is 48 volt 500 watt for just under $1,400. I looked the other day and same basic bike is $2,400 now.

poncho

Reaction score
When I adopted Huck from this website and got him home one of our first adventures was grab the mountain bike and go for a ride. I quickly realized I was the only one getting excersized, that Pup can run a long ways.
Behind me is miles of cranberry bogs and they are comprised mostly of sand, I can never really get good speed in that stuff. Ran into a guy that had one and his looked like it was rigged to go across Africa. Chatted him up and told him I would like to burn my dog out on the bogs, what do think of your bike?
Guy said he was on his 2nd one from the same company and let me know that he had no drivers license its essentially his car and he racks up thousands of miles.

This thing is a beast, Huck averages 17-19 MPH for about 2 miles before he slows down to about 11 MPH for a while. The bogs have several abandoned pits with crystal clear ponds so that is where we take a break.

The tires on this thing are 4" wide and handle the sand fantastic. I haven't been home a lot so I can't give a long term review but I'm thrilled with this bike so far, run into some pretty rough patches and handles anything I throw at it fine. Not a lightweight beach cruiser by any means, its heavy for a bike.

One of Hucks favorite things to do now.

IMG_20220723_174948[1].jpg