WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Electric trailer dolly/mover

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Anybody have one they are wanting to part with? Ive been scouring craigslist for a while.. Wanting a power caster .. But open to whatever. Ive seen a few pc1's but im kind of wanting one with more than 1 drive wheel. Thanks!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The pc1 is useless.
Get the biggest.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The pc1 is useless.
Get the biggest.
Yeah looks useless. Have you ever tried the power mover style ones that have the long handle bar. Wondering how well those work.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have several power trailer dollies and have owned others. Gas and electric.
The PC3 will move anything.
I mean it - anything.
We even built the 5th wheel attachment and damn was it fantastic.
I have a You Tube I’ll put up of it later.

They hold their value you can’t get hurt buying new.

I forget the name of the yellow mover but the entire line is worthless.

You need a flat surface for all of them to work. Slight drainage angle ok but it has to be damn near flat.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I have several power trailer dollies and have owned others. Gas and electric.
The PC3 will move anything.
I mean it - anything.
We even built the 5th wheel attachment and damn was it fantastic.
I have a You Tube I’ll put up of it later.

They hold their value you can’t get hurt buying new.

I forget the name of the yellow mover but the entire line is worthless.

You need a flat surface for all of them to work. Slight drainage angle ok but it has to be damn near flat.
Are u referring to this stile with the big long handle. Looks to have smaller wheels than the power casters.
Capture+_2018-02-02-09-04-25.png

3.Slow

Reaction score
What will you be moving with it? I got a pc1 off Craigslist after searching for months, think I paid $400, it moves our 23' no problem, I do a lot of turning to shoehorn the boat in next to the 5th wheel, dont think I would want more than 1 wheel, seems like it would make it a lot more difficult to turn. Can't go up the driveway because the tire slides, I don't know if another tire would help or just more tongue weight, my driveway has a decent slope though.
20170806_200835.jpg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
What will you be moving with it? I got a pc1 off Craigslist after searching for months, think I paid $400, it moves our 23' no problem, I do a lot of turning to shoehorn the boat in next to the 5th wheel, dont think I would want more than 1 wheel, seems like it would make it a lot more difficult to turn. Can't go up the driveway because the tire slides, I don't know if another tire would help or just more tongue weight, my driveway has a decent slope though.
View attachment 617768
Right now i will only be moving a 21 ft. But real soon will be moving a 23 ft. I dont have much slope at all to deal with ..just a really tight driveway to maneuver it through. Maybe the pc 1 or 2 will work out fine for me. So u said with yours on your driveway doesnt work well ans slides?

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I have a PC3 that I picked up off of CL in Havasu for $475 a couple years back. Thing works great moving our stuff around our place.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Anybody out there have one they wanna sell let me know..

3.Slow

Reaction score
Right now i will only be moving a 21 ft. But real soon will be moving a 23 ft. I dont have much slope at all to deal with ..just a really tight driveway to maneuver it through. Maybe the pc 1 or 2 will work out fine for me. So u said with yours on your driveway doesnt work well ans slides?
Yea, the tire skids down the driveway, it's not crazy steep but I just have to back the boat up until the axles are on the flat side yard and the power caster does fine from there, this picture gives you an idea of the slope of my driveway compared to the level block wall, another thing worth mentioning is the tire marks it leaves, in the pic you can also see the marks from turning with 1 tire, 3 tires would be a mess:eek:
20170824_185505.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
View attachment 617795
Just posted 30 min ago, inland empire CL
Buy this and I will trade you my pc1 plus $250 cash. If it was close to me I would grab it. Pc1 handles boat no problem but my dump trailers and enclosed it struggles cause of the tongue weight.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
On the power casters.. Is there a separate attachment that you have to order to mount a ball on the tube or fabricate something?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Classic hyster works also. You would be amazed how often you use a fork lift if you have one sitting there. I just need to finish welding up the quick connect part on the receiver where it goes on the cherry picker. Of course now is the time my welder takes a dump on me. Hoping it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get repaired.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I have a "junk" yellow one I inherited from my dad. Amazingly, the junk dolly moved his 25' Connelly v-drive and 23' sleekcraft just fine for an 82 year old guy. Just as powerful as the "non-junk" ones.

The biggest problem with the cheaper ones was that they utilized a ball. For any trailers with any kind of weight or dual axles, those absolutely sucked as the caster would get out of shape and you'd end up wrestling it. Mine has the bracket you bolt to the trailer and keeps the castor square on the ground. I think my dad payed $500 ish for it, it was the biggest one the yellow guy made at the time.

If you'd like a "junk" one that works just as good as the non-junk, I'd sell it for $200. I have no use for it as while I have no shortage of trailers, everything is on dirt/gravel.

Attachments

• IMG-0502.JPG
    IMG-0502.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 195

3.Slow

Reaction score
On the power casters.. Is there a separate attachment that you have to order to mount a ball on the tube or fabricate something?
Depends on how he has it set up, mine didnt come with a ball mount and I prefer it that way, dont have to deal with the trailer brakes, but if you don't have a swing away tongue you might have to go with a ball mount.

3.Slow

Reaction score
I have a "junk" yellow one I inherited from my dad. Amazingly, the junk dolly moved his 25' Connelly v-drive and 23' sleekcraft just fine for an 82 year old guy. Just as powerful as the "non-junk" ones.

The biggest problem with the cheaper ones was that they utilized a ball. For any trailers with any kind of weight or dual axles, those absolutely sucked as the caster would get out of shape and you'd end up wrestling it. Mine has the bracket you bolt to the trailer and keeps the castor square on the ground. I think my dad payed $500 ish for it, it was the biggest one the yellow guy made at the time.

If you'd like a "junk" one that works just as good as the non-junk, I'd sell it for $200. I have no use for it as while I have no shortage of trailers, everything is on dirt/gravel.
Pm sent

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Have u ever tried using it on gravel? Wondering if it will move a boat on gravel?

Rondog4405

Reaction score
It has the little wheels in the back that would make it tough to maneuver. I've never tried.
Ive watched videos of guys moving boats with similar models and the small wheels arent even on the ground. Is that what u were referring to as them.not being squares and bending outta shape eventually? Where are u located? Also can u elaborate again on how it mounts to the trailer? Thanks

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Depends on how he has it set up, mine didnt come with a ball mount and I prefer it that way, dont have to deal with the trailer brakes, but if you don't have a swing away tongue you might have to go with a ball mount.
Mine has a swing away tongue. . so how do you mount yours when you are moving the boat?

3.Slow

Reaction score
Mine has a swing away tongue. . so how do you mount yours when you are moving the boat?
I mounted a pipe about 3" long just aft of the swing away tongue that slides in to the top of the power caster so it swivels left to right but not forward and back which is good when your pushing a boat, I'll take pictures when I get home

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I mounted a pipe about 3" long just aft of the swing away tongue that slides in to the top of the power caster so it swivels left to right but not forward and back which is good when your pushing a boat, I'll take pictures when I get home
Sounds good. Thanks!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Have u ever tried using it on gravel? Wondering if it will move a boat on gravel?

Del Rio boat storage is flat and gravely on jack ass asphalt and none of our movers would move a Tige’ 22 into the storage unit.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Del Rio boat storage is flat and gravely on jack ass asphalt and none of our movers would move a Tige’ 22 into the storage unit.
Will be pouring some concrete for sure then. Thanks!

johnnyC

Reaction score
if you look on the internet and the two wheel trailer movers that are made with a twelve volt winch and golf carts tires they actually work pretty good, if you are crafty you can make one for about 1/3 of the 1500.00 they ask for them. I copied one and I pull a 28 ft deck with mine when i am too lazy to hook up my truck.