WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Electrical switch question

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Hello all;
Got a electrical switching question. I have outdoor lighting on my house and outbuildings. The house lights are on a single switch but the outbuilding lights are on a different switch in the outbuildings. All are used to light up the back yard meaning I have to go for a hike with half of it in the dark to turn them all on.
I am looking for some type of wireless relay that when I turn on the house lights it also turns on the outbuilding lights. I don't really feel like trenching in hard wires across the yard.......

Ideas? Does this make sense to everyone? I know there has to be a reasonable way to do this.

Thanks

Daudioexpert

Reaction score
You could use Lutron Kaseeta put it on your two backyard lights then you can turn them on from your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
You could use Lutron Kaseeta put it on your two backyard lights then you can turn them on from your phone

The wife has recently started with the Philips Hue bulbs doing that. One issue is I have limited wifi out there....... I may look further into this direction but was thinking of something a little more direct, something I can tie directly into the switch or end of the light string.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Screenshot_20191018-082253_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I installed these wireless remote switches I brought from amazon for turning on/off my remote outdoor lighting. Can control up to 6 switches independently or one button turns all on or off.

Daudioexpert

Reaction score
Expanding the Wi-Fi is easy though

Nordie

Reaction score
Do you want them on at night all the time? I put these in all of my outside lights, and I just leave the switch on. Never have to worry about it now.

SANSI Dusk to Dawn Light Bulb, 8W (60 Watt Equivalent) 800lm A19 Photocell Light Bulb, 5000K Daylight E26 Automatic On/Off LED Outdoor Light Bulbs for Porch, Patio, Garden, Hallway, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WXGDNN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4GFQDbRPXQ6NW

rivrbrat

Reaction score
I have a red neck Hole house fan that i put in the attic over my garage and didn't want to run a separate switch for it seeing how there was a power outlet for AC maintenance already there.
Plugged the fan in using one of these now I can turn it on remotely or set it on off or on a schedule or timer from anywhere.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Merkury-Innovations-Smart-Plug-1-Pack/126201995

If you look around you can find multi packs of these for under 5 bucks.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
TP-Link wireless switching products are excellent, you can get them on amazon.

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
One suggestion to all the back yard electricians, make sure the device you are using for your switching is rated for the load(amps). I have seen 2 fires now where people used these devices to switch a motor that they weren’t rated for.

Joe mama

Reaction score
What’s the distance? Casetais 30’ 60’ with a repeater(plug in lamp dimmer).
Rf signal not wifi.