WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Electrician/ Wiring Inmates - to the RDP courtesy phone please

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Heres my best guess at what I'm looking at, maybe someone can do a sanity check (which Im likley to fail for other reasons but thats a different story)

Never seen any shit like this in my life.

What I THINK Im looking it is a well pump on 240 (the 2-50 amp center circuits)
TIED with a crossbar
To a Septic transfer pump using 2x 20 amps of 120 volt.

The tie in is to cut the well pump if the septic transfer pump gets tripped preventing an overflow .

UD

IMG_1261.jpeg
IMG_1260.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
It’s a tandem breaker.

Outside 20s are tied to be a 240 circuit

Inside 50s are tied together to be 240v

If you drew a line between the 50s that would be where A & B phase are. Top/bottom

Edit: tandem breakers are used when you’re out of breaker space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Heres my best guess at what I'm looking at, maybe someone can do a sanity check (which Im likley to fail for other reasons but thats a different story)

Never seen any shit like this in my life.

What I THINK Im looking it is a well pump on 240 (the 2-50 amp center circuits)
TIED with a crossbar
To a Septic transfer pump using 2x 20 amps of 120 volt.

The tie in is to cut the well pump if the septic transfer pump gets tripped preventing an overflow .

UD

View attachment 992490 View attachment 992491
They are both 240 volt. One is a 20 amp circuit and the other is a 50. The breakers should only ever be used for protecting the wiring so those ties are to ensure both legs trip when there is a over-current situation on either. If there is an interlock of some sort, it SHOULD be elsewhere on the circuit.

Taboma

Reaction score
LMAO, it's the same deal at our house. You're excused if there's a sleeping kitty on board.

Respecting your vast knowledge base, have you ever reached a conclusion as to how cats have learned to go into "limp mode", and manipulate gravity in order to gain 100 lbs ?

rrrr

Reaction score
Respecting your vast knowledge base, have you ever reached a conclusion as to how cats have learned to go into "limp mode", and manipulate gravity in order to gain 100 lbs ?

One of our cats weighs about the same as a bag of Home Depot ready mix when you want to move her.

🤪

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
One of our cats weighs about the same as a bag of Home Depot ready mix when you want to move her.

🤪

I had a Russian Blue that checked in at 22lb. He wasn't fat at all, he was just that huge. People would jump back the first time they met him. Coolest cat I ever had.