WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator 33X Speedster or DCB M35 Purchase: All opinions or prior experience are appreciated.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I would choose DCB over Eliminator but it’s not fair to say that the 33X has hull issues when multiple M35s have flipped. Freak accidents happen and speed multiples the risk factor, every go fast manufacturer has had accidents.
Absolutely but if you had a certain boat on order and there was one that the whole side ripped out of one, wouldn’t you like to know Something? The secret is the crazy part, i would think the manufacturer would want to give some info as we’ll point out what changes where made to the hull afterwards. To me when it becomes a big secret like that it makes me automatically assume structural integrity or some other issue with the actual “boat” not the drive, engine, or driver error.

Singleton

Reaction score
Absolutely but if you had a certain boat on order and there was one that the whole side ripped out of one, wouldn’t you like to know Something? The secret is the crazy part, i would think the manufacturer would want to give some info as we’ll point out what changes where made to the hull afterwards. To me when it becomes a big secret like that it makes me automatically assume structural integrity or some other issue with the actual “boat” not the drive, engine, or driver error.

Most manufactures will discuss and address your questions in the office about incidents you bring up. None of them need to post what occurred each time an accident occurs online.

attitude

Reaction score
The owner of said boat already has another 33x popped out of the mold. I have my ideas on how the hole happened but I don’t believe that’s what caused the accident.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Freak accidents happen and speed multiples the risk factor, every go fast manufacturer has had accidents.
Oddly enough, most of the incidents you’re referring to happen to be low speed incidents

201 ET

Reaction score
True, but speed is relative. 80 in a 22ft boat is hauling ass, 80 in a m35 is cruising.
I don't want to comment directly on particular accidents but i will say this whether I decide to go with the DCB or the Eliminator its with a full understanding that my personal choices out on the lake will go a long way with keeping myself and anyone with me safe. This boat will be calling Lake Hartwell which borders Georgia and South Carolina home, I grew up on that lake and in my eyes with knowing the lake very well its pretty safe its not like havasu where it gets very narrow and shallow. Myself and the boat will visit havasu or lake of the ozarks once a year Id imagine I will alternate years which one I go to. With that said on my home lake a 17 year old in a bass boat died two weeks ago which you can google and injured two people in another boat when they collided. So unfortunately accidents happen regardless of shape, size, category, or speed. But thats why this thread was started to gather experience based opinions from people who have dealt with both or one of these manufacturers so I appreciate all the input.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I don't want to comment directly on particular accidents but i will say this whether I decide to go with the DCB or the Eliminator its with a full understanding that my personal choices out on the lake will go a long way with keeping myself and anyone with me safe. This boat will be calling Lake Hartwell which borders Georgia and South Carolina home, I grew up on that lake and in my eyes with knowing the lake very well its pretty safe its not like havasu where it gets very narrow and shallow. Myself and the boat will visit havasu or lake of the ozarks once a year Id imagine I will alternate years which one I go to. With that said on my home lake a 17 year old in a bass boat died two weeks ago which you can google and injured two people in another boat when they collided. So unfortunately accidents happen regardless of shape, size, category, or speed. But thats why this thread was started to gather experience based opinions from people who have dealt with both or one of these manufacturers so I appreciate all the input.
Wisdom.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I love lake Hartwell! Been there several times and I’m moving to Atlanta in a few weeks, so I plan to spend even more time there. Totally agree, big quiet lake, lots of room to run a fast boat safely.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What ever happened with that Fundeck in Parker that ripped the entire nose off and/or broke in half?

OP, DCB would be my choice.

HCP3

Reaction score
If we are still voting, DCB is my vote. Their attention to detail is second to none.

201 ET

Reaction score
I love lake Hartwell! Been there several times and I’m moving to Atlanta in a few weeks, so I plan to spend even more time there. Totally agree, big quiet lake, lots of room to run a fast boat safely.
Absolutely. Living in Atlanta you'll be much closer to Lake Lanier a number of really nice 120+ mph boats on that lake as well. But Lake Hartwell is only another hour up the road so maybe I will run into you sometime.

201 ET

Reaction score
If we are still voting, DCB is my vote. Their attention to detail is second to none.
The vote continues lol. I am pretty busy all week on the road working, but when I get home I am going to call Tony at DCB to discuss options. DCB seems to be the popular vote, and the fact that one of the owners of DCB personally contacted me and gave me his number I think that says A LOT about the brand and the people involved.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Absolutely. Living in Atlanta you'll be much closer to Lake Lanier a number of really nice 120+ mph boats on that lake as well. But Lake Hartwell is only another hour up the road so maybe I will run into you sometime.
Yep I’ll be right in between Lanier and Allatoona but Hartwell is definitely a favorite. Picture from my last trip there.
D7AA5C1F-4AC9-4699-BE76-9DAF73DC8002.png

dave29

Reaction score
I've owned a combination of cats. 28 Eliminator Daytona, F29, M29 and M35 DCB's. Had Teague and Merc motors. DCB builds a superior boat that is rock solid. My M35 had 700's and top speed was 135 with Bob Teague driving.
Sounds like you're dead set on big motors. If so, I would go with Teague. On boats, either a M31 or M35. Something else I would look at is twin outboards. My M29 has twin 300's, 4's weren't available yet, and loved everything about them. Extra room, had a lighter feel driving, great handling, lower maintenance and great fuel economy. After I left Havasu I kept my boat at Antelope at Lake Powell. That was the M35. There was nobody to work on it up there so I was changing fluids and if it needed attention it would go to Havasu. I sold the boat and ordered the M29 with outboards. Virtually no maintenance required and there are people that work on them everywhere, There you go.
BTW, I custom ordered every DCB I owned. I loved working with Paul, Tony and the crew at DCB. Every boat build was a wonderful experience.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@dave29 i hope you didnt think i was being a dick, just you talking about owning boats most would never have we would all like to see them!!

that being said please post more pictures or a thread on the m29 thanks for sharing!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
The vote continues lol. I am pretty busy all week on the road working, but when I get home I am going to call Tony at DCB to discuss options. DCB seems to be the popular vote, and the fact that one of the owners of DCB personally contacted me and gave me his number I think that says A LOT about the brand and the people involved.
I always have me cell. on me so give me a call and I can answer any questions you may have. We built this one with two 1400 TCM's and it is now living on the Delta in Northern California.
IMG_9867.1.jpg
M35 - Primm (11).JPG
M35 - Primm (41).JPG
M35 - Primm (42).JPG
M35 - Primm (44).JPG

dave29

Reaction score
@dave29 i hope you didnt think i was being a dick, just you talking about owning boats most would never have we would all like to see them!!

that being said please post more pictures or a thread on the m29 thanks for sharing!
No worries. Still looking for the other boat pix.
Have a great weekend Riverryder!!

dave29

Reaction score

DSC_0583.jpeg
Scan 1.jpeg

Inteior M29. Colors are similar to a Canyon I had years ago. Baca was the color master.

TVMNick

Reaction score
I don't know anyone at Eliminator but they have been turning out some great boats recently and I've heard they are good people, but to me the customer service at DCB is second to none. Tony, Paul and Jeff have become family to me and are genuinely great people with insane knowledge on not only their products but their competitors products. I'm on my second DCB (M37r) and had a F32 with 700SCi/NXT drives prior and both have been amazing boats. The fit and finish is above anything I've seen and the level of detail DCB goes to makes every build a true work of art.

I have a fair amount of seat time in a M35 and I can tell you that the M35 does everything really well. It rides really nice, it handles great, its deep with a lot of room plus the underbelly area that adds even more space for storage. I wouldn't hesitate to own a M35, and I don't think you can go wrong with either power package you mentioned.

I'm loving my current DCB, but I can't wait to build another one with the guys sometime in the future. Its a great experience, and really cool seeing your vision come to life.

201 ET

Reaction score
I've owned a combination of cats. 28 Eliminator Daytona, F29, M29 and M35 DCB's. Had Teague and Merc motors. DCB builds a superior boat that is rock solid. My M35 had 700's and top speed was 135 with Bob Teague driving.
Sounds like you're dead set on big motors. If so, I would go with Teague. On boats, either a M31 or M35. Something else I would look at is twin outboards. My M29 has twin 300's, 4's weren't available yet, and loved everything about them. Extra room, had a lighter feel driving, great handling, lower maintenance and great fuel economy. After I left Havasu I kept my boat at Antelope at Lake Powell. That was the M35. There was nobody to work on it up there so I was changing fluids and if it needed attention it would go to Havasu. I sold the boat and ordered the M29 with outboards. Virtually no maintenance required and there are people that work on them everywhere, There you go.
BTW, I custom ordered every DCB I owned. I loved working with Paul, Tony and the crew at DCB. Every boat build was a wonderful experience.
Probably one of the most informative responses yet so I appreciate that. I agree with everything you said because it is all true but here comes my stubborness lol. I am not a out board guy I completely understand though why people are the cost and lack of maintenance alone is a huge plus. Im obsessed with the sound of inboards just as much as I am the actual boat itself, my father raced top fuel hydros and jet boats my first half of my life so I basically grew up in a play pin at the races in augusta georgia so I think the sound of inboard or high horsepower engines is just embedded in me in some weirdo type of way. 135mph is pretty impressive with 700's I figured with the size of a M35 it would only see 120's. What can you tell me about the M29 Hull? How does it handle? DO you prefer a smaller boat since you have had a larger platform and now a 29?

201 ET

Reaction score
I don't know anyone at Eliminator but they have been turning out some great boats recently and I've heard they are good people, but to me the customer service at DCB is second to none. Tony, Paul and Jeff have become family to me and are genuinely great people with insane knowledge on not only their products but their competitors products. I'm on my second DCB (M37r) and had a F32 with 700SCi/NXT drives prior and both have been amazing boats. The fit and finish is above anything I've seen and the level of detail DCB goes to makes every build a true work of art.

I have a fair amount of seat time in a M35 and I can tell you that the M35 does everything really well. It rides really nice, it handles great, its deep with a lot of room plus the underbelly area that adds even more space for storage. I wouldn't hesitate to own a M35, and I don't think you can go wrong with either power package you mentioned.

I'm loving my current DCB, but I can't wait to build another one with the guys sometime in the future. Its a great experience, and really cool seeing your vision come to life.
What would you say the next boat you will have built will be? Another outboard or will you do a M35?

dave29

Reaction score
Probably one of the most informative responses yet so I appreciate that. I agree with everything you said because it is all true but here comes my stubborness lol. I am not a out board guy I completely understand though why people are the cost and lack of maintenance alone is a huge plus. Im obsessed with the sound of inboards just as much as I am the actual boat itself, my father raced top fuel hydros and jet boats my first half of my life so I basically grew up in a play pin at the races in augusta georgia so I think the sound of inboard or high horsepower engines is just embedded in me in some weirdo type of way. 135mph is pretty impressive with 700's I figured with the size of a M35 it would only see 120's. What can you tell me about the M29 Hull? How does it handle? DO you prefer a smaller boat since you have had a larger platform and now a 29?
The M29 handled rough water really well and handling was great. For lakes I didn't see the need to go back to the 35. I think the best comparison would be to speak with Tony at DCB. My M29 was the first M29 outboard out of the mold. I'm sure they have made improvements. Tony at DCB will give you his honest opinion based on his vast experience with all DCB's. Give him a call.

TVMNick

Reaction score
What would you say the next boat you will have built will be? Another outboard or will you do a M35?
I will be doing another outboard boat, for the way I boat they work really well. I like to run a lot of miles and put a lot of hours on my boats, so the outboards work great for that application. I will say though, the most exhilarating boat I've ever been in is a M35 with 1350/1550 power. That boat was an absolute rocket!

201 ET

Reaction score
One of the better Poker Runs I have been too. One to put on the calendar for every year.
Thats awesome I was on the road working, but my father was out there. Anderson, SC where the meals on wheels is located is where I was born and raised my parents still live there, which is why during boating season I fly home almost every weekend I am currently on my way there now as I type this. As the article states Lake Hartwell is one of the best lakes in the country. My whole life I have always wondered other then maybe access due to location why Lake Havasu and Powell and all that are talked about so much they honestly don't compare to Lake Hartwell in my opinion. But I am glad the event went well, the boat ramp is named Old Green Pond a few years back the county put millions of dollars into renovating and expanding the boat ramp so we could host the annual Bass Master Classic. My dad and I use to put his Jet boats in at that ramp when I was a kid it use to just be a one lane ramp with approximately 8 parking spots now its a massive complex.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That 29 build with the single 1550 .....almost 150 with a single motor....that seems like very nice setup for many lakes ...maybe bigger would be better for Loto, and I am not familiar with Hartwell.

I really think you cannot go wrong with either maker but having built a DCB in the past the experience before, during and after the build was exceptional.

lavey jr

Reaction score
There’s two 33X Speedster in Eliminator’s shop right now in both a closed bow and walkthrough open bow if you want to get a look at them and talk with the salesmen. There’s also some in various build stages.

Last edited:

Joe mama

Reaction score
That M29 with 300’s sounds so cool and looks great!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I always have me cell. on me so give me a call and I can answer any questions you may have. We built this one with two 1400 TCM's and it is now living on the Delta in Northern California. View attachment 1122478 View attachment 1122479 View attachment 1122480 View attachment 1122481 View attachment 1122482
Gorgeous, but I gotta ask; are the gas struts on the engine hatches a normal feature? I feel like I was always replacing the ones on my old Carrera, same with the ones on my SnugTop.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Gorgeous, but I gotta ask; are the gas struts on the engine hatches a normal feature? I feel like I was always replacing the ones on my old Carrera, same with the ones on my SnugTop.
We do the hatch shocks standard, yes. It depends on a solid hatch or the hatches with the acrylic window that determines the weight.
The shocks we use last for years and we usually use a more heavy duty so the hatch is held up properly even in the wind.