WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Boats this AM

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For those not aware today is the day that it is being sold by the courts.

The interested parties at this point are

1. Jake Fraleigh (current GM) and a investment group.
2.Joe Juliano (sp?)and Dale Don Del
3. Randy Davis & Thane (Davis boat Mfg)

The company was not offered back to Bob Leach. I am not a BK expert so I don’t know the reasons why.

Whom ever wins out today I wish the best for the employees and the continued future success of the company.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
These three have made official offers or they are the 3 largest creditors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did i miss why this is even happening?

It has been in Bk for several years and now it’s time to come out of Bk.

This essentially is how the creditors get paid.

Boat 405

Reaction score
To my understanding Bob hasn't owned it for several years. I understood he was an employee.

Boat 405

Reaction score
When?

Really? With all the boats the build how could this be? Poor management or what?
When they moved into that building in menifee, I believe they defaulted on the loan for the building. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tank

Reaction score
WOW! This is all from their BK filing back in 09 / 2010? It'll be interesting to see what happens. Thanks for the info Dave, didn't even realize this was going on recently. Just figured Bob would pull it through like most do with BK protection. That new building really F'd them.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
They filed chapter 11 “restructuring” back in 2010.

Case # 2:14-bk-19226

Singleton

Reaction score
Hopefully who ever wins continues the tradition Bob started. With his heath concerns, I totally understand why he did not make an offer.

Gut says 1 or 3 wins. It is not always the highest bidder but those that can continue to run the business and pay off the debt.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This is news to me - don't remember reading about their BK here?

J.P.

Reaction score
I was hoping Bob was still involved hope he is financially ok.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was approached to invest and reviewed the prospectus along with my CPA, I decided to pass, the timing entering the boating market as an investor seems to be teetering on the edge of slowing down With housing starts slowing, and interest rates rising.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
If Davis ends up taking over, do you think they will move operations to Havasu like they did with Hallett?

Singleton

Reaction score
If Davis ends up taking over, do you think they will move operations to Havasu like they did with Hallett?

I would say yes. I believe Bob personally owns the property Eliminator operates on, so that will force something.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
When they moved into that building in menifee, I believe they defaulted on the loan for the building. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
that new building was / is actually in Perris, the property is several acres I believe and there were a bunch of "storage units" that apparently did NOT get rented out and, once again, I THINK the storage units were marketed for new boat storage,...........Perris is the LAST place I'd wanna store MY boat.

Boat 405

Reaction score
that new building was / is actually in Perris, the property is several acres I believe and there were a bunch of "storage units" that apparently did NOT get rented out and, once again, I THINK the storage units were marketed for new boat storage,...........Perris is the LAST place I'd wanna store MY boat.
Perris, sorry not menifee. The plan I heard was to have the storage unit full to pay the lease. That didn't happen and we know the outcome.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To my understanding Bob hasn't owned it for several years. I understood he was an employee.

Bob owned Eliminator right up until today. He was an employee up until a few months ago. He still owns the building.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I had heard that the investment group was going to move the operation to Corona and keep Jake as CEO.

Seems some new players have entered the room.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hopefully who ever wins continues the tradition Bob started. With his heath concerns, I totally understand why he did not make an offer.

Gut says 1 or 3 wins. It is not always the highest bidder but those that can continue to run the business and pay off the debt.

From what I was told by one of the interested parties he wasn’t given an option to bid. I don’t know how BK works so not sure why?

The company being sold today eliminates the debt to my knowledge.

As for moving to Havasu if Randy buys it, I’m not sure if they would or wouldn’t. I’d hope they would leave it where it is and run it remotely and re tool some new models in the Daytona line / speedster line etc.

Singleton

Reaction score
Perris, sorry not menifee. The plan I heard was to have the storage unit full to pay the lease. That didn't happen and we know the outcome.

I heard when they were in the Perris location, they needed to move 20+ boats a month to break even. Facility was a great idea, bad timing. Buy a boat, and then rent a storage unit at the same time. Easy pick up when heading out of town.
IMO the Perris location was a dream boat mfg location, just 10 years too late.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
From what I was told by one of the interested parties he wasn’t given an option to bid. I don’t know how BK works so not sure why?

The company being sold today eliminates the debt to my knowledge.

As for moving to Havasu if Randy buys it, I’m not sure if they would or wouldn’t. I’d hope they would leave it where it is and run it remotely and re tool some new models in the Daytona line / speedster line etc.

Bob didn’t play by the rules of the bankruptcy agreement, the court appointed a new COO about a year ago, and that was pretty much the end of Bobs involvement then.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bob didn’t play by the rules of the bankruptcy agreement, the court appointed a new COO about a year ago, and that was pretty much the end of Bobs involvement then.

He was still drawing a paycheck so long as he was showing up for work. A few months back James the interm COO cancelled the paycheck.

Should be noted he was making 5k a week as the interm.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Auction date is 12/7

Randy and Thane are at Eliminator today going through everything and all bids have to be in by EOB tomorrow.

Yes.. sorry I am loaded on cold medicine and sick as all get out

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m not sure that Randy and Thane really need it?

The only way I can see them buying it and making sense it to run it remote, leave Jake there with current builds and then lean on Nordic’s tooling Dept to revamp new larger cats and CC’s. That would put them in a competitive spot with DCB / MTI etc.

Nordic is almost done tooling their new 36 true tunnel cat though that will be available with quad outboards.. I’m not sure how that mixes in with all of this, as well they are finishing up A 41 CC.