WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Customer Service

MoreyMcC

Reaction score
Eliminator: Are you kidding me! I put a deposit down on new Canopies Oct 22nd for my 30’ Eagle. They said it would take 5 weeks to produce the canopies from back East. It’s now February 7 and the Boat has been there since January 18, I called on Monday February 3 for an Update and Stephanie said Kenny would call me back that afternoon. Not a fucking from anybody all week! Jake I love your Boats and hope you do well! But your customer service sucks ass!

MoreyMcC

Reaction score
Everybody Knows Eliminator here I’m new to it! Is this normal behavior for a Boat dealer. Am I out of Line?

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
Just checked and was told they were recently painted and should be done next week.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Everybody Knows Eliminator here I’m new to it! Is this normal behavior for a Boat dealer. Am I out of Line?
Dave will call em up Monday and have this resolved in two weeks. But with the new RDP update over the weekend this thread might get “deleted” and Dave will say “if memory serves I forgot”

CSmith

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us that can't afford a brand new 200K+ boat we are lower on the priority list. Which is understandable. I tried getting some new guages, gel work, front step, and interior work on my fundeck. Times are good for boat builders right now.

stoker22405

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us that can't afford a brand new 200K+ boat we are lower on the priority list. Which is understandable. I tried getting some new guages, gel work, front step, and interior work on my fundeck. Times are good for boat builders right now.

From what I gather the ones spending 200k plus have been waiting as well so don't feel bad..
Although Eliminator has been around for decades...The ones running it have not... But practice makes perfect so they should have it sorted out in do time

jbird

Reaction score
Not uncommon for boat businesses operate this way. I’d be a bit upset as well. It’s important for any business to communicate when there are going to be delays beyond what they committed to. This is what separates the good ones from the not so good.
On another note, I have not heard this about Eliminator before but also have never done business with them.
I’m sure you will have your boat back soon.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My wifey is making me some popcorn.
Grabbed the bag when I saw the thread. Lol. My excuse to crack it open .
20200207_213349.jpg

toto

Reaction score
Eliminator: Are you kidding me! I put a deposit down on new Canopies Oct 22nd for my 30’ Eagle. They said it would take 5 weeks to produce the canopies from back East. It’s now February 7 and the Boat has been there since January 18, I called on Monday February 3 for an Update and Stephanie said Kenny would call me back that afternoon. Not a fucking from anybody all week! Jake I love your Boats and hope you do well! But your customer service sucks ass!
I would have to Agree wit you MoreyMcC
On the customer service issues now day at elimination and maybe they are to cool for us little boys that don't have 300k in the pocket. The wife and I have gone in to the shop Twice in the Last month or so with zero help or even a hello. The first time the wife lasted all of give minutes and said Fuck this we are out. The old days Shueman and Bob amongst other people would make us feel like home or acknowledge us within minutes. The last 2 times in -the first on was the wifes idea looking at a 2q with

toto

Reaction score
On the customer service issues now day at elimination and maybe they are to cool for us little boys that don't have 300k in the pocket. The wife and I have gone in to the shop Twice in the Last month or so with zero help or even a hello. The first time the wife lasted all of give minutes and said Fuck this we are out. The old days Shueman and Bob amongst other people would make us feel like home or acknowledge us within minutes. The last 2 times in -the first on was the wifes idea looking at a 2q with
Sorry I got cut off. The first time in was the wifes Idea and was looking at a new 21 Daytona with a 300 OB package or see what we could work out on a 22 OB and not one person ever asked if we need help, questions, popcorn etc. It was like we were invisible. The second time coming through town I insisted we go again and maybe we were there on a bad day. She agree8to go and we looked like bigger dicks this time. Really numbed because he have owned 7 eliminators over the years and have always been treated like royalty even if we are in to get some swag. Well the wife is over Eliminator and we are moving onto DCB .

dave29

Reaction score
Sorry I got cut off. The first time in was the wifes Idea and was looking at a new 21 Daytona with a 300 OB package or see what we could work out on a 22 OB and not one person ever asked if we need help, questions, popcorn etc. It was like we were invisible. The second time coming through town I insisted we go again and maybe we were there on a bad day. She agree8to go and we looked like bigger dicks this time. Really numbed because he have owned 7 eliminators over the years and have always been treated like royalty even if we are in to get some swag. Well the wife is over Eliminator and we are moving onto DCB .
Smart move. Tony at DCB will take care of you!!!!!!

fishing fool

Reaction score
Before a call out thread I would call at least 6 times a day for a day or two to let them know I wanted to talk to them. If no response then game on....

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Well this sucks to read.
I’m there often but not every day.
As far as I know Kenny is no longer in service, he’s rigging full time. And it’s the best place for him imo.
He’s the most knowledgeable and talented rigger in the pool.

Again it sucks to read, and I’d imagine a call out like this will bring about some change. In fact I’m sure of it,
Well the wife is over Eliminator and we are moving onto DCB .
And I’m sure of it because...

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
If you're looking for a 21'-22' boat, I would head right down to KMG in San Diego. I think DCB doesn't make anything smaller than a 28'. His 22' Phantom is top shelf.
I saw on the website they do outboards do you know if it’s possible for them to build an outdrive 22 deck

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
As an owner of 4 Eliminators I feel the need to comment. Let me just say that Kenny Smith was a big reason we kept buying them...I remember when he was the stereo guy. Such a good dude. Jake designed our 28' Daytona and is also a great guy. With all that said it seems like Eliminator has lost that family feel that Bob added. Really miss Bob being there. Anytime we were within 100 miles of Eliminator I made it a point to go by and say hello to him and the gang. I also understand they are trying to streamline production but no more v-hulls or Daytonas?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

At least the salesman didn’t say you own “shit” in front of your wife, she put my hopes of 25 Speedster to bed real quickly that day. But at least i saved 175k and had a huge wad of cash in my pocket the rest of that day.

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score

Pretty sure this is par for the course for anyone dealing with boats. I've done everything except drive down and throw a stack of cash into someones face to try to get them to get going on a project of mine.

Between engine builds and quality work, its tough to get it done in a timely manner.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We all know Eliminator is slammed right now, but that's no excuse for being treated bad or poor customer service. When Bob was there I was always treated like royalty even though I bought a smaller type boat. I also know Jake would not approve of anyone being treated poorly or bad customer service regardless of how busy they are. I would ask to deal with Jake directly and get thing ironed out.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
At least the salesman did say you own “shit” in front of your wife, she put my hopes of 25 Speedster to bed real quickly that day. But at least i saved 175k and had a huge wad of cash in my pocket the rest of that day.

Wow.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
At least the salesman didn’t say you own “shit” in front of your wife, she put my hopes of 25 Speedster to bed real quickly that day. But at least i saved 175k and had a huge wad of cash in my pocket the rest of that day.

Which salesman was that!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Well this just got interesting. You can't just drop a bomb like that without more details.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is par for the course for anyone dealing with boats. I've done everything except drive down and throw a stack of cash into someones face to try to get them to get going on a project of mine.

Between engine builds and quality work, its tough to get it done in a timely manner.

It might be par for the course for some boat builders but not for all boat manufacturers or dealers. My boat business is the 100k to 350k market so not cheap stuff by any means. There is not a day or time or any reason I would leave a customer hanging. I have actually emailed and returned calls so fast the clients actually said it was weird. I would definitely rather have that than someone upset about not getting a call back or a call within a reasonable amount of time.

I think it comes down to touching base with your clientele; even if it's not the news the customer wants; you need to follow up with them.

Two years ago I had no less than four boats all around 150k to 190k price range get delayed a month over their confirmed delivery dates. Those were hard calls to make to clients that were excited to have their boats in May and then hear it may be July! However, better than then not having any info whatsoever. Out of the four only one was really upset. However that upset customer has now bought another boat from me (spending around 325k in the past two years) and will continue to be my customer forever because of my follow-up and the customer experience I give him and his family.

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
was looking at a new 21 Daytona with a 300 OB package or see wh
This is especially frustrating to me, for my own selfish reasons.
I’d love to be turned loose on the 21. I think they’ve only done 2 in the last couple years.
Little boats like that are like desert, or a vacation, Fun at work.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
This happens alot in the custom and performance industries(production companies is whole different deal so that doesnt even compair. 2 differant worlds), not just boats.. good thing about this thread is I'm pretty sure jakes(eleminator) investors have probably seen this. I can almost bet there will be some discussion with management tomorrow(monday) and thing will be changed in a hurry. I bet the people that have projects there will all get a phone call with updates and apologizes by end of the week if not sooner. I can almost bet customer service will be changed after tomorrow. At least I would hope, especially if I had $$$ riding on their success. Doesnt matter if it's a $500 job or $500,000a happy customer is a happy customer, A happy customer will tell 10 people an unhappy customer will tell 100)but more like 100,000 with social media these days).. hopefully they do make those calls and admit fault, that will go along way to keep their customers. JMO

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It’s far from the same place without bob and Gary being there to give you the shirts off their back when you walked in. I’ve always been treated well but I also was the primary sponsor of this past years regatta. Unfortunately I’ve heard many people echo the same concerns, ie they won’t be back after the lack of customer service when they walked through the doors or never got calls or emails responded to.

E4L

Reaction score
For any matters that people need help with please email if your not getting any response. We are all human and not to make excuses we are very busy. Sometimes items get over looked. We are trying our best and appreciate all past and present customers. We will continue to work hard and thrive to give complete customer satisfaction.