WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Customer Service

wet hull

Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight but do run a buisness. Here is what I know and I am always very busy. I am always saying I need 30 hr days and 8 day weeks to keep up. If I was to inform my current and future customers to email me and I will respond to them that way about their concerns. They will be gone as they are not important enough for a verbal communication. The email will take longer then a 5 min call or chance it getting lost behind 30 other emails and or spam. If they or any other buisness is that busy they need a PR person in place that can handle the calls, go out to the people with the answers and then the PR person can respond in a timely matter to the customers. Once again not ragging on anyone, just my experiences to date.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At least the salesman didn’t say you own “shit” in front of your wife, she put my hopes of 25 Speedster to bed real quickly that day. But at least i saved 175k and had a huge wad of cash in my pocket the rest of that day.

I don’t even know how that happens. I know when they were first rolling out the new team they had some guys working sales they are no longer there. One of them was pretty arrogant, and I’m wondering if it was him. Still no excuse, but I can guarantee that Jake and the boys don’t behave like that! They are a great bunch of guys that are really doing their best to produce a quality product and satisfy customers

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Building boats, airplanes, cars, or models of them - they're all businesses and there are right ways and wrong ways to run a business.

Customers are the life blood of every business/company. If you aren't providing outstanding customer service then you don't know or care enough about your business to run it right.

I don't know how to build a boat but I damn sure know how to run a business and grow it. Building really nice boats takes skills and talented people. But so does running the business. If you're a business owner and you don't have balance in your business you're killing it all by yourself.

TheEliminatorGuy

Reaction score
Hello all. This is Jake with Eliminator. I have been following this thread closely. I take full responsibility for the lack of customer service. I am certainly going to address this matter with my team. Please know with my long history at Eliminator I am fully aware of how both Shueman and Bob provided a welcoming environment and great customer service. In fact many moons ago it was my job to provide that service on behalf of Bob. For the past year, the team and I have had to make a lot of adjustments and we are very busy. No excuse! But as far as RDP members should be concerned this matter will be address. Thank you

If anyone wants to reach out to me directly please email to [email protected]

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Hello all. This is Jake with Eliminator. I have been following this thread closely. I take full responsibility for the lack of customer service. I am certainly going to address this matter with my team. Please know with my long history at Eliminator I am fully aware of how both Shueman and Bob provided a welcoming environment and great customer service. In fact many moons ago it was my job to provide that service on behalf of Bob. For the past year, the team and I have had to make a lot of adjustments and we are very busy. No excuse! But as far as RDP members should be concerned this matter will be address. Thank you

Solid response Jake! It’s always good to see the team leader take notice and commit to making changes to improve the customer experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
This is the busy time of year. Every manufacturer is super busy right now with every customer wanting their job done now. If you want your shit done by spring time, you better get your order in early like the OP did. He should have it all done by spring.

So in that case I am not sure what all the fuss is about since OP should get his stuff in time to go boating. :rolleyes::cool:

The boat has only been there a few weeks. If I am not mistaken these might need paint. Not a big deal IMHO

But then again I am too busy to call them for updates so I don’t care about updates. Just results

Last edited:

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I also have no dog in this fight BUT, I was there about 9 months ago to have a Bimini built. Zero issues with communication, customer service etc. To top it off, I was literally having this done right before desert storm. Kenny gave me his cell, took pics and responded to texts.

I met Jake at the boat show for the first time. Talked to him and he even offered to refill my beer at the beer tent. Solid in my book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Well this just got interesting. You can't just drop a bomb like that without more details.

Is what it is was last year at the boat show in Havasu...
It won’t change the outcome, and of course when it’s in a public forum like this they will reach out, but they did reach out to me via an email message here.

Englewood

Reaction score
Solid response from the business owner. All he can do is take ownership and try to fix it...

However, If Mark Cuban can respond to random emails, a boat builder can do the same. We all have the same amount of time, its how we choose to use it.

CLA

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I hired another big name builder to redo the interior in my 36' Cat. They missed the pick up day and have had very little communication with me since I wired them a 10% deposit. When they sent me color samples it was from another build. Boats man...…….lol

Reactions: DWC

THE Cat Sass

Reaction score
As a guy who built a boat with Jake last year I can say first hand they take great care of their customers. I could type all day about the next level service they provided me during my build as well as post build, offering up things I never would have expected. I can be high maintenance at times during major projects (like this one) and they covered every base with me. I know they get busy, they cater to lots of demanding customers but Jake, Kenny and the team are all top notch dudes.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
As a guy who built a boat with Jake last year I can say first hand they take great care of their customers. I could type all day about the next level service they provided me during my build as well as post build, offering up things I never would have expected. I can be high maintenance at times during major projects (like this one) and they covered every base with me. I know they get busy, they cater to lots of demanding customers but Jake, Kenny and the team are all top notch dudes.

High Maintenance =🤣

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Being over 60, with over 40 years in B2B commission sales, I’ve learned a few lessons. Bad stuff IS going to happen to ALL of us, and mistakes will be made. The only thing that matters is what you do about it after it hits you in the face. Jake , a new owner , has taken full responsibility, given personal direct access, and committed to improving his organization. Total appropriate and class move!!! Show me any other company of same size with perfect employees. Before anyone starts bad mouthing Eliminator, ask yourself, in the same situation, would you want a chance to make things right? I hope that we can all put ourselves in a similar situation, because eventually, we’ll all be there. Believe me, they will fix it, or the market will, so let’s all mind our own business and hope they continue to be wildly successful. That’s what’s best for all of us!!! Carry on....

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

Nothing a lil free popcorn and hot dogs won't fix!