WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Moving?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
A friend drove by Eliminator today and saw a For Sale sign on the building..

411? old news? fake news? none of my bidness?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
From what I understand Bob still owns the building, wouldn't blame him for selling.

Backlash

Reaction score
We drove by last weekend and the entire facility looked empty. Anyone know what their plans are?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
We drove by last weekend and the entire facility looked empty. Anyone know what their plans are?
I'm guessing it's not easy to find a new facility. I remember when Bob opened up the new place and and getting permits to build boats was not easy....almost impossible.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
That sign has been by the freeway for a little while. Been wondering what their plan was and if staying in CA.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Staying in CA.....plan is to be closer to Elsinore where they do all of their testing.
Good move for them. Lots of talent in that shop, it would be pain staking to move to AZ and start over with a new crew or parts of it.

old rigger

Reaction score
From what I understand Bob still owns the building, wouldn't blame him for selling.

I’d be real surprised if he were able to hang onto the building after going through bankruptcy. Hope he did, maybe it was in someone else’s name?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The building was in pretty rough shape. This is good news for eliminator.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
They should come here to AZ and cut down on costs. Obviously LHC would make the most sense for testing and location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I drive by on Monday’s. I saw a kid in the pool a few weeks ago, thought that was cool

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Having real estate separate from your corporation is common place and can protect it from bankruptcy if he didn't pledge it on his personal signatures against the loans. But in my opinion it flys in the face of this statement he made at the time.. “Believe me, if I had my choice I would pay everybody,” “But I don’t have it. I have liquidated everything I own personally to maintain us and get to where we are.”

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’d be real surprised if he were able to hang onto the building after going through bankruptcy. Hope he did, maybe it was in someone else’s name?

Bob owns the building and rents it back to the new owners. He lost the building in Perris in the BK but was able to keep the OG building that they moved back to when they went from 300 boats a year to 3 during the crash.

old rigger

Reaction score
My neighbor at the river was partners at Eliminator with Leach for 10 or 12 years...he's got great stories.

I remember back in the 80s they were building their hulls down in Mexico, I'd see Bob's son from time to time at Competitive trailers (he married Danny's daughter) and he had even BETTER stories about building down there.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Bob owns the building and rents it back to the new owners. He lost the building in Perris in the BK but was able to keep the OG building that they moved back to when they went from 300 boats a year to 3 during the crash.

Yep, and after losing his boat company I heard the rent was increasing exponentially. [emoji15]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Yep, and after losing his boat company I heard the rent was increasing exponentially. [emoji15]

That's what I heard too.

Jake lives in Temecula. Would be cool if they moved it out here, but what I heard is Corona.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Rent is not cheap in CA. Wonder how much space you need for a boat shop of that size. 30-40k sq feet? Plus a yard.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
But in my opinion it flys in the face of this statement he made at the time.. “Believe me, if I had my choice I would pay everybody,” “But I don’t have it. I have liquidated everything I own personally to maintain us and get to where we are.”

Might have been difficult to sell building that you won't be moving out of, or at least not make financial sense for any of the parties involved.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Might have been difficult to sell building that you won't be moving out of, or at least not make financial sense for any of the parties involved.

There is also the issue of the California Air Resources folks............I think being that Bob had that building for eons he was grandfathered in, otherwise trying to find a shop where you can lay up boats is not that easy in California. Moving to Havasu wasnt an option, the key talent there said they could not make the move.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There is also the issue of the California Air Resources folks............I think being that Bob had that building for eons he was grandfathered in, otherwise trying to find a shop where you can lay up boats is not that easy in California.

Yup.

Amongst many layers of complexity with real estate and legal paperwork is the "grail" permit from the AQMD matching or exceeding your actual chemical consumption. This asset dictates being legally able to build and operate a spray booth in So Ca.

UD

wiredguy

Reaction score
A friend drove by Eliminator today and saw a For Sale sign on the building..

411? old news? fake news? none of my bidness?

It’s old news. Signs been up for 6 months. Eliminator is not going anywhere for awhile. Bob had some people testing the waters on trying to lease it out.
The building is very old and run down actually. If Eliminator decided to move good luck on leasing that for what he wants.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I don’t know how anyone builds boats in California anymore. With AQMD and every other hurdle it’s got to be next to impossible.

Moving and trying to get permits from any city in California. That’s complete suicide. Once they suck you in they’ll tap you for an extra $250,000-$500,000 in fees permits and whatever they feel like. Just to fuck you.

Because they can. And they will

riverroyal

Reaction score
Both eliminator and dcb have facilities that dont look like they should produce the products that come out of them.
I went to DCB and was stunned at how stone age the building was. Its not impressive

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I don’t know how anyone builds boats in California anymore. With AQMD and every other hurdle it’s got to be next to impossible.

Moving and trying to get permits from any city in California. That’s complete suicide. Once they suck you in they’ll tap you for an extra $250,000-$500,000 in fees permits and whatever they feel like. Just to fuck you.

Because they can. And they will
This!
@Eliminator Boats
You reading along here?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Both eliminator and dcb have facilities that dont look like they should produce the products that come out of them.
I went to DCB and was stunned at how stone age the building was. Its not impressive

Same issue as eliminator, they have been there a long time and our grandfathered in, if they move they will be subject to current aqmd rules, and thus they stay put

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Same issue as eliminator, they have been there a long time and our grandfathered in, if they move they will be subject to current aqmd rules, and thus they stay put
Pretty sure their permits are transferable inside city limits.

J.P.

Reaction score
250-500k in permits and fees, that's insane.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
250-500k in permits and fees, that's insane.
I know. I just survived it moving from Rancho Cucamonga to Ontario. It took me 18 months to get final after I moved in. A giant financial drain. Every time I thought I was close I’d start writing more huge checks for other things that popped up. It was endless. Once you move and you apply for permits you open yourself up to everything! Nothing is grandfathered. They don’t care if you survive or die.

California’s idea of business is 1 million square-foot warehouse with 500 loading docks full of Chinese shit getting shipped to stores were multi hair colored freaks of some weird gender that work at Starbucks or some pizza joint are able to buy the plastic Chinese crap.

That’s the America the California wants

They don’t want manufacturing at all

I hate to sound so negative but after getting beaten to shit it just makes you feel That way.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I know. I just survived it moving from Rancho Cucamonga to Ontario. It took me 18 months to get final after I moved in. A giant financial drain. Every time I thought I was close I’d start writing more huge checks for other things that popped up. It was endless. Once you move and you apply for permits you open yourself up to everything! Nothing is grandfathered. They don’t care if you survive or die.

California’s idea of business is 1 million square-foot warehouse with 500 loading docks full of Chinese shit getting shipped to stores were multi hair colored freaks of some weird gender that work at Starbucks or some pizza joint are able to buy the plastic Chinese crap.

Ontario is a MF’er. They changed years ago and started to nickel and dime businesses. Just wait till the “rain water run off” lady starts coming by again. She was a true “C”

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

That is why they are still in business. You have to keep overhead down somehow...and a giant lease payment every month is not a good plan.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

I hate to sound so negative but after getting beaten to shit it just makes you feel That way.
I’ve noticed that with a bunch of new regulations in CA. One of which is emissions regulations for commercial vehicles which require them to CHANGE THE ENGINE to a 2010 or newer emissions motor. A lot of owner/operators aren’t going to just start swapping motors, they just won’t deliver to CA. I shipped something (<10lbs) from FL to CA UPS ground and it was $75. Dude said it’s because it’s going to CA, anywhere else would be like $20.

It’s almost as if CA doesn’t want commerce...

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Who care how the building looks .
The end product is what counts