WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Open House and After Recommendations

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Who all is going?

My girl and I are flying down from Oregon to check out progress on my boat and attend the open house.

We are looking for recommendations for what to do afterwards for a few hours. We fly out early Sunday so don’t want to travel too far away.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really wish I could make it. We had a great time last year! Unfortunately that’s the same weekend as the new boatshow in Laughlin and I already committed to exhibiting there.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Hit Dave and Busters at the Ontario Mills mall. That will kill a few hours.

GRADS

Reaction score
Or drive over to Shockwave in Corona and ask them what they want for a basic 29' Magnatude with a 502 and report back.😁

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Who all is going?

My girl and I are flying down from Oregon to check out progress on my boat and attend the open house.

We are looking for recommendations for what to do afterwards for a few hours. We fly out early Sunday so don’t want to travel too far away.
Where are you staying the night?
The Mission Inn is pretty cool to check out.
Is about 8-12 miles down the 60 fwy.
To stay a night is a little $$ but will outclass any other hotel in the area.
Lots of history in there.

hallett21

Reaction score
565 would be ideal but most likely out of my trophy husband pay range.

Just buy the 34 they took in [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
Just buy the 34 they took in [emoji1303][emoji1303]

I saw that. Nice boat but I don’t know if I’m thrilled with the gray on it. Also I really don’t want blower motors again.

hallett21

Reaction score
I saw that. Nice boat but I don’t know if I’m thrilled with the gray on it. Also I really don’t want blower motors again.

Yea but you can crush Tahoe with gale force winds lol. Can you really put a price on that ?

GRADS

Reaction score
Yea but you can crush Tahoe with gale force winds lol. Can you really put a price on that ?

I agree with that but that’s also why I don’t want blower motors. Those Merc 600 and 700s do not run well at altitude. Mercury says that they will make 600 and 700 hp at altitude but I’m here to tell you they don’t.

hallett21

Reaction score
I agree with that but that’s also why I don’t want blower motors. Those Merc 600 and 700s do not run well at altitude. Mercury says that they will make 600 and 700 hp at altitude but I’m here to tell you they don’t.

Surprised to hear that. I always thought forced induction combated that loss. Obviously not enough lol.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
grads if you really want to know about the shockwave gimmie all the specs you are looking for....

GRADS

Reaction score
grads if you really want to know about the shockwave gimmie all the specs you are looking for....
Pretty simple actually. A 29' Magnatude, tame power like Mercruiser 502 or Mercury 520, Bravo 1X drive, closed bow, all white interior, real basic gelcoat....that's about it.

Something like this.

20264986_10212031747021296_7552215636848462743_n.jpg

RVRKID

Reaction score
Hit up Big Al's for a bit or you can roll to Victoria Gardens(Bass Pro Shops, Lucilles, Yard House and a few breweries) on Foothill off the 15 and Big Als is on 4th Street West of the 15.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Also there is a newer Hotel close to Victoria Gardens and only a few minutes from Ontario Airport.

GRADS

Reaction score
Just go call Anderson already.
I agree. But also just an FYI since this is an Eliminator thread....I would have also considered a 30' Eagle but they stopped building them or wanted way too much to break out the mold and build one.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Go Ahead and show us your data logs that show proof of your claims that full sequential EFI and blown applications from a company that spends millions in R&D every year/model are not making stated HP at altitude.

I'll wait here while you collect your data.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Go Ahead and show us your data logs that show proof of your claims that full sequential EFI and blown applications from a company that spends millions in R&D every year/model are not making stated HP at altitude.

Uh, bub..... I’ll tell you without question the 6 doesn’t pull the same prop at altitude, with lower air temps as it does down low with higher air temps. That said, do you think the 6 (or 7) are altitude compensating? Temp compensating?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Uh, bub..... I’ll tell you without question the 6 doesn’t pull the same prop at altitude, with lower air temps as it does down low with higher air temps. That said, do you think the 6 (or 7) are altitude compensating? Temp compensating?

They both compensate for altitude and temp, it's how almost all modern fuel injection works.

Supercharged applications should be able to come very close to sea level HP levels. It's all relative though, fuel type, air temp, etc all come into play.

What specific example are you talking about, please list the engine, altitude, builder, etc so we can establish a baseline.

I have several tuner buddies who live for this shit, they want more data for their spreadsheets....give me every detail you have.

prorider

Reaction score
Boosted motors don’t make as much boost at altitude, unless they are waste gated and dumping excess at low elevations. My Whippled 502 made 7-8 psi at Havasu. 4-5 at 7000 feet

prorider

Reaction score
Had new 450r boat on Powell today. Havasu it makes 10psi. Only made 9 at Powell in 50 degree weather

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
They both compensate for altitude and temp, it's how almost all modern fuel injection works.

Supercharged applications should be able to come very close to sea level HP levels. It's all relative though, fuel type, air temp, etc all come into play.

What specific example are you talking about, please list the engine, altitude, builder, etc so we can establish a baseline.

I have several tuner buddies who live for this shit, they want more data for their spreadsheets....give me every detail you have.

L
O
L

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Boosted motors don’t make as much boost at altitude, unless they are waste gated and dumping excess at low elevations. My Whippled 502 made 7-8 psi at Havasu. 4-5 at 7000 feet

A supercharger compresses the air back to sea-level-equivalent pressures, or even much higher, in order to make the engine produce just as much power at cruise altitude as it does at sea level.

Please show some data that supports your claim, because in effect, the waste gate for a turbo, or blow off valve for a supercharger, effectively keeps the ratio correct.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

So you got nothing? It's all good, I work on this shit everyday. I may be a little behind in the marine applications, but I do this shit for a living on vehicles.

I can't imagine it's that much different.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Had new 450r boat on Powell today. Havasu it makes 10psi. Only made 9 at Powell in 50 degree weather

Regulation of pressure is a constant, how else could they calculate the fuel map?

Are you looking at a gauge or reading the data stream from the ECU?

prorider

Reaction score
Do your own research. I live at 7000 feet and have ran supercharged boats for 14 years and rode turbo sleds at 12000 feet. Altitude affects injected and boosted motors severely

prorider

Reaction score
Had to drop pulley size by 1/2 inch on Whipple to make 7 psi on 502 from Havasu pulley. On a gauge. 450 r is on a simrad display

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Do your own research. I live at 7000 feet and have ran supercharged boats for 14 years and rode turbo sleds at 12000 feet. Altitude affects injected and boosted motors severely

Awesome, please post up your data logs.

I am sure companies like Polaris, who recently developed a system to overcome any altitude loss, would welcome your data.

As well as multi-trillionare companies like Mercedes and BMW, who have already figured out how to defeat the altitude monster....

Are you claiming Mercury Marine is clearly behind the times?

Maybe check in with Boostpower,,, I am sure Alexi could convince you otherwise.

Either way, please post up your data and dyno reports, so we can see how stupid we are all compared to you.

GRADS

Reaction score

If you take a motor that allegedly makes 600 H.P. at any altitude to 6,200' why would you have to prop down 4 pitch to get on plane. ;) 😂 You're out of your league bud.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Awesome, please post up your data logs.

I am sure companies like Polaris, who recently developed a system to overcome any altitude loss, would welcome your data.

As well as multi-trillionare companies like Mercedes and BMW, who have already figured out how to defeat the altitude monster....

Are you claiming Mercury Marine is clearly behind the times?

Maybe check in with Boostpower,,, I am sure Alexi could convince you otherwise.

Either way, please post up your data and dyno reports, so we can see how stupid we are all compared to you.

What did Polaris just do?

prorider

Reaction score
I have turbo Polaris rzr. It looses about 30 hp when I go silverton at 12000 feet.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
If you take a motor that allegedly makes 600 H.P. at any altitude to 6,200' why would you have to prop down 4 pitch to get on plane. ;) 😂 You're out of your league bud.

Do you understand how surface tension works at altitude and temperature and how it effects props? Do you know why high HP applications have air injection systems to free up the prop?

I doubt you really can understand the basics.

GRADS

Reaction score
Do you understand how surface tension works at altitude and temperature and how it effects props? Do you know why high HP applications have air injection systems to free up the prop?

I doubt you really can understand the basics.
Reaching. This ain't no jet bote. 😂

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Any kind of power adders need to be adjusted for temp, altitude, moisture in the air, ect.. they dont just do it themselves. Today's common N/A EFI motors are a closed loop fuel compensation. Hence the o2 sensors in the exhaust, o2 send signal to the ECU on lean or rich conditions and will add or subtract fuel to compensate up to a certain %. Some of the engine management systems such as MOTEC for example will adjust fuel and timing to compensate for conditions up to a certain % above and below the baseline. So unless the exhaust has an o2 in it, which you dont see much on boats, the engine isnt going to compensate for anything. The higher the altitude the more air the power ladder needs to compress to make the same amount of boost. Sea level will always be easier to make power than 5000'. If your motor is set up for 5000' max power that fucker will grenade at sea level with no changes.

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hijack this thread. Texted with Jake from Eliminator tonight...always a good dude. 👍

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hijack this thread. Texted with Jake from Eliminator tonight...always a good dude. 👍

Dont be sorry... No body likes the guy that started the thread anyway!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
Which boat is yours? Specs?!

E4L

Reaction score
I agree. But also just an FYI since this is an Eliminator thread....I would have also considered a 30' Eagle but they stopped building them or wanted way too much to break out the mold and build one.[/sent you some used ones.

E4L

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hijack this thread. Texted with Jake from Eliminator tonight...always a good dude. [emoji106]

Did you leave a deposit

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I welcome any real data you have that supports your claims.
here you go....fact: boats run faster and spin bigger pitch props @ sea level..., best to have a smaller pitch prop on hand if boat is used at havasu and powel