WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator prop selection

ohiodaytona

Reaction score
I have a 21ft. 1981 Daytona Eliminator tunnel hull. I recently purchased a 2012 Mercury Optimax300 XS, Torque Master, 1:62 ratio. I will often have four in the boat and will occasionally pull a skier. Any ideas on which prop I should run? Thanks, Vince

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
This is always tough to answer, and hopefully you have some friends to borrow theirs to test with. Mercury Racings website has an excellent selection. They have a brand new model that should run well with your rig, its called the Pro Max.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Vince, for the purposes you described a 4 blade Is going to perform best and there are a lot of choices. Mercury has several versions in Bravo 1, select one with vent holes. Or they have ET plus, Pro Max, Trophy plus, these are over hub designs that allow some aeration from the exhaust to free it up since 2 strokes don't have as much torque.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I would get in contact with Brett at BBLADES.com They have a propeller test program that will give you the opportunity to try different props to see what works best with your setup, and Brett will be able to give you a good idea on where to start.

F14

Reaction score
My 91 Daytona, 300XS liked a BBlades Blaster 30p prop. It was very good all around and it took me to 105 mph.

2wbykqc.jpg