WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Regatta...Who's Going...Worth It?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Like the title says.

Considering going for the first time in October, but is it worth it?

Boat 405

Reaction score
Signed up already. Should be a good time. It is relatively inexpensive for an organized deal. Looking forward to it! Went last time in 2017 and had a blast.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Signed up already. Should be a good time. It is relatively inexpensive for an organized deal. Looking forward to it! Went last time in 2017 and had a blast.

What takes place? I can't seem to find a schedule of events or anything other than the kickoff deal on Friday evening and then the gathering at Pirates on Saturday.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What takes place? I can't seem to find a schedule of events or anything other than the kickoff deal on Friday evening and then the gathering at Pirates on Saturday.
Post #5

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I posted a thread about this last night. @Devious_Chris posted with clarification on some of the thing I asked.

Well shit. Didn't see that topic. Looks like we have the same questions.

I'd be coming from the north and not driving all the way to Havasu to launch. Probably would launch at Pirates. Not much of a boat ride to be had for the day, I guess.

Riverryder

Reaction score
You bringing the 43?
that would be fun to watch runup from havasu.
I’ll be at needles marina for the weekend. I’ll be going to the party then launching from needles early and probably hang out at the sand bar and watch the crew fly by then bring up the rear to pirates.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
You bringing the 43?
that would be fun to watch runup from havasu.
I’ll be at needles marina for the weekend. I’ll be going to the party then launching from needles early and probably hang out at the sand bar and watch the crew fly by then bring up the rear to pirates.

We would be in the 43. Wouldn't run up from Havasu though. I'd be towing from up north and it wouldn't make sense to go all the way down to Havasu.

Still not sure if we'll go. That same weekend one of my wife's homo friends has his birthday/Octoberfest thing in Big Bear. I can take it or leave it, but we usually do some offroading earlier in the day. He has an Explorer platinum edition that he thinks is very offroad capable and usually ends up leaving random body parts on the trail, so that's entertaining at least. I'm leaving it up to the wife which thing we go to.

Wonder if they’ll make you pay double? I mean you’ll take up twice the space as most 🤣🤣

You shut your filthy mouth and don't give them any ideas! 😆

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Wizard29 look forward to seeing the boat again(did the damn dam run) if you guys end up going I’m going.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
We would be in the 43. Wouldn't run up from Havasu though. I'd be towing from up north and it wouldn't make sense to go all the way down to Havasu.

Still not sure if we'll go. That same weekend one of my wife's homo friends has his birthday/Octoberfest thing in Big Bear. I can take it or leave it, but we usually do some offroading earlier in the day. He has an Explorer platinum edition that he thinks is very offroad capable and usually ends up leaving random body parts on the trail, so that's entertaining at least. I'm leaving it up to the wife which thing we go to.

would love to see your boat, but unlikely we will participate.. it’s historically mostly a “Daytona” regatta. Us Eagle owners get pushed off to the side 🤣🤣.

Yours however, would garner some serious attention 👍

Last edited:

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
I don’t think it would be worth it. Why would you spend a day at Havasu, if it’s a shithole as quoted by you.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@28Eliminator who cares! Bring your eagle then atleast there might be 3. I’m bringing mine! They don’t make eagles anymore so makes sense for it to be a Daytona regatta.

@SlowMyRoll he said he wasn’t going to havasu so he stands by his statement if he said that.
I agree with him tho. Needles even tho it’s closed is way better.
The more eliminators the better.

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
@28Eliminator who cares! Bring your eagle then atleast there might be 3. I’m bringing mine! They don’t make eagles anymore so makes sense for it to be a Daytona regatta.

@SlowMyRoll he said he wasn’t going to havasu so he stands by his statement if he said that.
He said he wasn’t going to launch at Havasu.

[/QUOTE

He said he wasn’t going to launch at Havasu.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I don’t think it would be worth it. Why would you spend a day at Havasu, if it’s a shithole as quoted by you.

Looks like I made an impression. Did I say shithole? Maybe I did. Havasu definitely isn't my regular lake for a lot of reasons, but that doesn't mean I won't come down periodically and meet up with some good people. Besides, in late October many of the reasons Havasu isn't my regular lake have already called it a season and moved on to screwing up other things.

So, see you there if we decide to go? 👍

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
Looks like I made an impression. Did I say shithole? Maybe I did. Havasu definitely isn't my regular lake for a lot of reasons, but that doesn't mean I won't come down periodically and meet up with some good people. Besides, in late October many of the reasons Havasu isn't my regular lake have already called it a season and moved on to screwing up other things.

So, see you there if we decide to go? 👍
Maybe a slight impression. Just remember if you do come down and spend some time with good people don’t go in the lake you’ll be swimming in your own piss Lol. Read your own past posts. If I see your boat I’ll definitely say Hi.

E4L

Reaction score
Good evening, we have all the stuff planned like a normal regatta and it should be a good time for all. Hope to see you all there.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Maybe a slight impression. Just remember if you do come down and spend some time with good people don’t go in the lake you’ll be swimming in your own piss Lol. Read your own past posts. If I see your boat I’ll definitely say Hi.

Ha, I do tell my Havasu friends that I piss in Mohave and let it flow down to you guys. I think I'm making a minuscule contribution to what's really flowing through though. Maybe my boat will run faster down there because of all the salt. 😆

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score

just drive the extra 30 miles and load in at havasu so that you can run upriver with the other boats. Whats 30 miles?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Still undecided on going. Wife suggests seeing how the weather is shaping up before we decide to do this or Big Bear. That means we probably won't know until about two weeks out.

Anybody know what the registration deadline is, if any?

Riverryder

Reaction score
i signed up today! i didnt see a deadline but supposedly the price is suppose to increase today?

J5Daytona

Reaction score
We are registered with our hotel and dock registered as well .

guest hs

Reaction score
I will go and hope for the the award of oldest Eliminator

just_floatin

Reaction score
I wish kept my 1974 bubble deck 455 jet Bob sold to my father. Sold it in 1999. Would love to get it back. The name of the boat was Foxy Lady 🤣

Springfield

Reaction score
I have a condo available at Nautical Resort if anyone is looking for housing for the Eliminator regatta.