WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator whaler price???

WTR&PWR

Reaction score

I have been amazed the last 12 months at rising boat prices but this one?. This is coming from an eliminator owner as well.

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
My buddy and i bought new 21's ultra's in 1993, 350 mags with alpha drives for 19k, both has been gone for a long time. I just seen his for sale on CL for for 25k the way he bought it. If you told me 28 years later our boats would be worth 6k more than we payed we payed for them, i would say you were a real dumb ass. Seems like many have no problem paying crazy prices, wish i still had a few i could dump right now.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My buddy and i bought new 21's ultra's in 1993, 350 mags with alpha drives for 19k, both has been gone for a long time. I just seen his for sale on CL for for 25k the way he bought it. If you told me 28 years later our boats would be worth 6k more than we payed we payed for them, i would say you were a real dumb ass. Seems like many have no problem paying crazy prices, wish i still had a few i could dump right now.

When a new equivalent is $60K, $25K for a good condition used boat is a deal for fun with the family on the water.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I will say the interior layout is pretty legit in these! It’s only worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it. I can guarantee there’s a buyer out there who loves whalers and will pay market prices.

Been considering being boatless lately and if it wasn’t for this years Powell trip I’d already have mine listed.

parker guy

Reaction score

I have been amazed the last 12 months at rising boat prices but this one takes the cake. This is coming from an eliminator owner as well.
I saw the boat at Eliminator, all new gel rigging etc....its a show piece for sure

Dalton

Reaction score
10-15k dollar boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I will say the interior layout is pretty legit in these! It’s only worth what somebody else is willing to pay for it. I can guarantee there’s a buyer out there who loves whalers and will pay market prices.

Been considering being boatless lately and if it wasn’t for this years Powell trip I’d already have mine listed.

I noticed the layout too. At that price... it's basically the poor man's deckboat!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I bought my Ultra new in 2000. The boatrader special was 25k for the 21 with 350 with alpha or 454 jet. Have seen several listed for the same or more. I ended up with a 22 stealth.

Same goes for Carson trailers. They are selling for more than you can have a new one built for. People don't want to wait 2 months.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I bought my Ultra new in 2000. The boatrader special was 25k for the 21 with 350 with alpha or 454 jet. Have seen several listed for the same or more. I ended up with a 22 stealth.

Same goes for Carson trailers. They are selling for more than you can have a new one built for. People don't want to wait 2 months.
Crazy Dumb asses paying max dollars for used wave runners.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I just hit up Albert to buy his but he said no. You grab those 2 you sent me the link to?
Yea! I may sell one if GF don't start to ride it. I just heard albert is out, him and Keno broke up?

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Apparently 25k is a steal

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Seems like its priced too low from my perspective....

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score
I had someone pose the "how much would you take?" question to me this weekend out in Havasu. I honestly never really thought about it, but after I thought about what it is , and conditions, and replacement costs, my number was way higher than I even expected. Numbers on things are just ridiculous though.

Same goes for houses, I sure wouldnt sell my house for what i paid for it....

CLdrinker

Reaction score

Bought a used Carson last year for $700 put $300 into and sold it in 1 day for $2250 and used it to make $500 hauling some junk to Colorado lol

NicPaus

Reaction score
Bought a used Carson last year for $700 put $300 into and sold it in 1 day for $2250 and used it to make $500 hauling some junk to Colorado lol
I saw that. You could buy that trailer new for that price. Here is another listing.
Screenshot_20210426-121555_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-121634_Samsung Internet.jpg

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I had a howard whaler, its actually still my signature pic. I couldnt wait to get rid of it. dumped a good amount of money into trying to make it work for me, but wound up just unloading it, center consoles are for fishing boats.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Apparently 25k is a steal
That's a Stealth and the mag with B1. 35k new or so not the 25k 21' . Still not bad if he gets 45k. Use it for 20 years and make 10k.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Who would have thought that boats are a better investment than stocks.

They aren't. Any $25k boat you bought 30 years ago you'd still be negative on considering storage costs, maintenance, etc. even selling today for $40k, and that is not even considering the losses due to inflation.

If you had simply thrown the $25k you paid for the boat in 93 at the S&P 500 and reinvested your dividends, you'd have $21 million today.

I'm keeping the SPXL I bought in March 2020 in there for 30 years after doing that analysis...

boatnam2

Reaction score
They aren't. Any $25k boat you bought 30 years ago you'd still be negative on considering storage costs, maintenance, etc. even selling today for $40k, and that is not even considering the losses due to inflation.

If you had simply thrown the $25k you paid for the boat in 93 at the S&P 500 and reinvested your dividends, you'd have $21 million today.

I'm keeping the SPXL I bought in March 2020 in there for 30 years after doing that analysis...
Another dumb thing I did, bought boats instead of stocks.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I was just joking...:)

BlowMe

Reaction score
Gorgeous boat. I love the whaler style boats. But that price....🙄

Your ad here

Reaction score
I really wanted a V drive Whaler when I was looking the past 2 years. They are far and few between, need work, and have lame power. Most I saw have 350 with a Volvo drive. Haven't seen one with a BBC and Bravo 1. This one looks nice and has the better of the Whaler interiors being it has a full width engine hatch creating a wide bench seat. Most have the kid seats next to the engine. The jet is the deal breaker for me, as the price is up there.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score

Pay attention to the dangling rope fuel forecast I've seen you post about going up to San Juan. Fuel docks were supposed to be opened back up by now after repairs. We just got a memo that it is closed until further notice.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu thanks for the heads up as i just saw their IG post. Sounded like they’re getting hammered by wind and can’t continue repairs.

I’m 3200lbs+ loaded with 5.0mpi and a 50# belly tank so range is better than most. There’s also the toy tanks on the houseboats so maybe just maybe this won’t effect me too much 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
@Marios Metalworks yes you're welcome you'll be set if you have house boats going with ya. I recalled seeing you posting about tent camping solo somewhere and the San Juan is quite the jog in a house boat. That's going to be a great trip.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu we usually set up base camp between DR and Rainbow Bridge but that always includes a pit stop at DR for the houseboats to top off. We’ll def reevaluate if there’s no gas by August however I feel like they’ll be up and running by then.
I’m pretty excited for the San Juan this year as we passed on it for the the Escalante the prior trip. Spent two nights/three days exploring by boat and even got some hiking in.
Funny thing is one of the older guys in the group that brings his speed boat used to have a Eliminator whaler he’d let us use when we were boatless.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I really wanted a V drive Whaler when I was looking the past 2 years. They are far and few between, need work, and have lame power. Most I saw have 350 with a Volvo drive. Haven't seen one with a BBC and Bravo 1. This one looks nice and has the better of the Whaler interiors being it has a full width engine hatch creating a wide bench seat. Most have the kid seats next to the engine. The jet is the deal breaker for me, as the price is up there.
thats the layout and power mine had a 350 with volvo outdrive, that volvo outdrive cost me alot just in the trim rams, no rebuild kits have to buy the whole ram assembly at a grand each. it actually ran pretty good once i got the right prop on it. but it was still a heavy underpowered ill handling pig if you had more than 4 adults on it. no way would i want one with a jet, and ive had plenty of jet botes.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Boat prices up here in Canada are even more insane. I could still buy in the states (if border was open). Bring it back here and flip it for a profit.

curtiej10

Reaction score
Prime time to sell. Boat is way over priced but thats what the market is right now. 6 months to a year you'll see prices come down.