WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Elizabeth Smart Assaulted Again?

JD D05

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Weird..... does not compute.

Story says she told Delta and they immediately offered to help... So she told Delta a year later?

Why Delta? Why not tell police?

mbrown2

Reaction score
You only have to wonder the level of deviousness of an individual if they are trying that on a plane....that is not that monster's first rodeo. Likely have been doing that all their life and getting away with it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You only have to wonder the level of deviousness of an individual if they are trying that on a plane....that is not that monster's first rodeo. Likely have been doing that all their life and getting away with it.

Agreed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Weird..... does not compute.

Story says she told Delta and they immediately offered to help... So she told Delta a year later?

Why Delta? Why not tell police?

How would you like to be the poor sap that happened to be sitting next to her on the plane on that trip... Now a year later she decides she needs a career booster, and it's gonna completely fuck this guys life up..

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ya I think that also. But she has to know they can find the guy and fuck his life up.

The story says her husband told her to train in self defense. So when did she tell her husband this happened? HE didn't tell her to tell the cops or did she keep it from him for a year too? Their best collective idea was to tell Delta about it?

I'm wondering if she cut her hair short and he didn't approve.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
How would you like to be the poor sap that happened to be sitting next to her on the plane on that trip... Now a year later she decides she needs a career booster, and it's gonna completely fuck this guys life up..

RD

Oh yea.. hes screwed if this is actually legit.

But is the protocol to tell Delta and the FBI has jurisdiction over the case?? Even that seems odd.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Were they the only 2 in the plane? Every women I know would let everyone on the plane know about it. Plus, isn't there at least 3-4 other people that could have a visual on this? Definitely a sick fuk if that is what he gets off on.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Were they the only 2 in the plane? Every women I know would let everyone on the plane know about it. Plus, isn't there at least 3-4 other people that could have a visual on this? Definitely a sick fuk if that is what he gets off on.

Ok so lets say this actually happens, and she freezes... understandable.

She's got to have a therapist, friend, husband, parent, SOMEONE she tells about this? Anyone in their right mind in her support system would say.. go tell the cops.. or Delta, NOW.

mbrown2

Reaction score
It does not say she waited a year to report it....it says she reported it to Delta and FBI sometime after the flight. She is only talking about it publicly a year later.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Let me first say I feel bad for women who have been raped or assaulted.

However, if this happened to my little wife she would have broken this guys hand, scratched his eyeballs out, and screamed at the top of her lungs. This guy would have wished he never touched her. Women are stronger than they lead on. I always laugh in movies when a bad guy grabs a woman and the woman yells and screams but just walks with the perp. No biting, no scratching, kicking or even sitting on the ground to make it hard for them to pull the lady along.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Oh yea.. hes screwed if this is actually legit.

But is the protocol to tell Delta and the FBI has jurisdiction over the case?? Even that seems odd.
The problem is, he's screwed even if it isn't legit. Court of public opinion, fueled by "journalists".

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You guys need to read the details and not scan an article.

She reported it immediately and kept it between her and Delta and until now, which is a year later.

JD D05

Reaction score
Let me first say I feel bad for women who have been raped or assaulted.

However, if this happened to my little wife she would have broken this guys hand, scratched his eyeballs out, and screamed at the top of her lungs. This guy would have wished he never touched her. Women are stronger than they lead on. I always laugh in movies when a bad guy grabs a woman and the woman yells and screams but just walks with the perp. No biting, no scratching, kicking or even sitting on the ground to make it hard for them to pull the lady along.

Oh ya for sure I tell my daughters this all the time. But I will say if someone touched my wife's thigh she would say something but it would have have any effect on her mentally.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

She reported it immediately and kept it between her and Delta and until now, which is a year later.

I read it. I still think she should have broken the guys eye socket. You don't lay your hands on a lady you don't know. I think it works better for her business handling it the way she did.

I think it would have been better news for her if she would have actually defended herself.

JD D05

Reaction score

It does not say when she reported it. I would also assume if it was during the flight they would have said something about the arrest or the man being detained...maybe not.

I also took "froze didn't know what to do" as that.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

It says she reported it immediately nowhere in the article. It says Delta immediately helped however.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I read it. I still think she should have broken the guys eye socket. You don't lay your hands on a lady you don't know. I think it works better for her business handling it the way she did.

I think it would have been better news for her if she would have actually defended herself.

It does not say when she reported it. I would also assume if it was during the flight they would have said something about the arrest or the man being detained...maybe not.

I also took "froze didn't know what to do" as that.

It says she reported it immediately nowhere in the article. It says Delta immediately helped however.

Here’s a better article on the incident...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...exually-assaulted-airplane-last-year-n1131856

playdeep

Reaction score
My girlfriend is 5 foot nothing,weighs 103...little drink of water.
Few years ago I got her into Muay Thai.
She now eats,breathes,sleeps kickboxing.
She's taken a couple of smart girl self defense classes which were taught by Holly Holm...cost was $50.00.
It was money well spent IMO.
The stuff they teach is invaluable for a woman in defending herself.
The place I train has kids classes.
They're well over 50% girls in the classes.

Something to ponder for wives/daughters...

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This is a tough headline not to chime in on guys, plus I seem to see the dudes I generally agree with participating on this chain so here goes.... Admittedly I only watched pieces of her video statement and didn't take the time to read the link. That said I'm getting a bit wary of this type of behavior. Let us not forget that women with just cause are not benefiting from these charges. At first glance my jaded reaction was she desires free Delta travel for life [It should be noted they are the premier global airline and she has plenty of legal counsel supporting her every statement] additionally this drives her brand/ business in female self defense. Tough time to be white/ male, etc.... my legal counsel states stay clear of communicating with younger females unless/ until they have been formally introduced to me by a trusted source and their intent is known.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Additional point... Delta will have a name associated with that seat so lets stay calm till the media follow up. Or better yet, lets hope there is follow up, if not it was merely brand promotion.

JD D05

Reaction score
Additional point... Delta will have a name associated with that seat so lets stay calm till the media follow up. Or better yet, lets hope there is follow up, if not it was merely brand promotion.

Well I read it as the investigation is still open. Soooo that means it has not been proven she was assaulted. But the headlines say different.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is a tough headline not to chime in on guys, plus I seem to see the dudes I generally agree with participating on this chain so here goes.... Admittedly I only watched pieces of her video statement and didn't take the time to read the link. That said I'm getting a bit wary of this type of behavior. Let us not forget that women with just cause are not benefiting from these charges. At first glance my jaded reaction was she desires free Delta travel for life [It should be noted they are the premier global airline and she has plenty of legal counsel supporting her every statement] additionally this drives her brand/ business in female self defense. Tough time to be white/ male, etc.... my legal counsel states stay clear of communicating with younger females unless/ until they have been formally introduced to me by a trusted source and their intent is known.
Funny, but my wife has given me the same advice as your legal counsel...:p

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Seems like being taught manners will keep you out of jail.

Never lay your hands on a woman without her permission. You do not touch what is not yours.

I have never enjoyed fighting, except the few times I cleaned some asshole's clock for either hitting a woman in my presence, or "getting touchy" with a woman they do not k now. I really really enjoyed those fights.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
What if the guy is in the middle seat?

She is in the aisle seat. She is asleep.

He had China Buffett before the flight. In a frantic panic he is shaking her leg. Bitch wake up!!!

I think a real molester/toucher whatever they call them would have done a little more touching.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
306595DF-E2E1-465A-A25F-7091B3E727BB.jpeg
I’m flying Delta again tomorrow drinking vodka :)
But 1st

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I’ll be fucked by the time I get to Salt lake :) lol maybe I’ll run into ES :(

EPL

Reaction score
I'm sorry but when people come up with these claims years later i'm not going for it !

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The cynic in me says this is all coming out now to promote her new business venture...

Or the story is being portrayed in a way to allow her to promote the venture.

Funny this came out as she was announcing a new money making venture on NBC nightly news.
Correct me if this is incorrect:
She remained in the seat after the incident, did not notify the flight crew,,, later reported it over the phone to the airline, no prompt police report? A year later it's still being discussed FBI kicking it around but no action taken?
Something doesn't seem right.

Wife says this happens more than people think. A lot more.
Our strict rules with the boys was to keep your hands off girls.
Never cause any indignity to girls.

JD D05

Reaction score
Funny this came out as she was announcing a new money making venture on NBC nightly news.
Correct me if this is incorrect:
She remained in the seat after the incident, did not notify the flight crew,,, later reported it over the phone to the airline, no prompt police report? A year later it's still being discussed FBI kicking it around but no action taken?
Something doesn't seem right.

Wife says this happens more than people think. A lot more.
Our strict rules with the boys was to keep your hands off girls.
Never cause any indignity to girls.

The other article says she said something after the flight unloaded. It does all seem strange though. What gets me is the headline with it still under investigation

Reactions: TPC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Agreed guys.... this story has some hmmmmm to it for sure. I was also noticing some news out yesterday on Harvey Weinstein and Gloria Allred. I place all these events in one basket simply to remain sane and somewhat disconnected of them. Guys like ole Harvey started us down this road... power, manipulation & Lord knows what else all in a dysfunctional culture. Even the gals had a hand they seemed to be playing to get work. Gonna get ugly and we'll all be able to get glory details now that Gloria Allred is on the case. Ugh.