WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Elon Musk

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
With Trump reportedly set to leave the Paris Climate Deal, this has prompted one of Trump's "advisors", Elon Musk, to tweet moments ago that he has done "all he can" to advise "directly to POTUS, through others in WH & via councils" that the U.S. remain in the Paris climate deal.

And, in response to a Twitter user asking him what he will do if Trump decides to leave the climate deal, Musk tweets "we will have no choice but to depart councils." :yikes

www TheParty'sOverMooch .com

What's the matter conman.............your Tard fountain of free dollars drying up?

Adios MOOCH!!!! :finger

500bbc

Reaction score
With Trump reportedly set to leave the Paris Climate Deal, this has prompted one of Trump's "advisors", Elon Musk, to tweet moments ago that he has done "all he can" to advise "directly to POTUS, through others in WH & via councils" that the U.S. remain in the Paris climate deal.

And, in response to a Twitter user asking him what he will do if Trump decides to leave the climate deal, Musk tweets "we will have no choice but to depart councils." :yikes

www TheParty'sOverMooch .com

What's the matter conman.............your Tard fountain of free dollars drying up?

Adios MOOCH!!!! :finger

How many twits in this country do you think know that he makes his money on "green" taxes?

Sheep, bleating sheep.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, a promoter of green energy and owner of a foremost electric vehicle company would certainly be in favor of the Paris deal which mandates cutting carbon emissions by 23% over the next 10 years.......He gets richer.

More personal politics.

Old Texan

Reaction score
How many twits in this country do you think know that he makes his money on "green" taxes?

Sheep, bleating sheep.

Maybe he should recuse himself from advising on this one......The Left is all beside themselves on the Trumps business interests playing into his governing decisions.

But this is different as it involves junk science goals that favor personal interest beyond Musk.:rolleyes

500bbc

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, a promoter of green energy and owner of a foremost electric vehicle company would certainly be in favor of the Paris deal which mandates cutting carbon emissions by 23% over the next 10 years.......He gets richer.

More personal politics.

His cars sell at a loss, he makes his money on the carbon tax being levied on us by our rulers.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
His cars sell at a loss, he makes his money on the carbon tax being levied on us by our rulers.

You already sold your stocks in his 'great adventure' right ?

I like his ideas of 'reasonable electric cars', and his massive attempts at 'better batteries', 'reusable spacecraft' are also a great ideas . BUT, when I (taxpayers) are paying ALL the bills for his 'development', I must ask WHY ME ?

I never signed on to be 'an investor', I just paid my taxes .

His companies have made NO PROFITS in a number of years . IF you or I built a company on 'government grants' and were able to also join the stock market while doing so, we would also be 'fucking geniuses' .

Well, maybe we would be Elon Musk, and not put our own money into whatever we TRIED to promote ...........

IF his efforts are that great, then private funding can/should support Elon Musk's brilliant work, it should no longer be on the federal grant lists .

He is operating a number of PRIVATE ENTERPRISES ................

530RL

Reaction score
Are you guys suggesting that Elon Musk generates revenue via petitioning the government for special entitlements and tax code provisions like the oil companies, pipeline companies, drillers, miners, hotel developers, home builders, mortgage lenders, Wall Street and all the rest of us? I thought they were going to drain the swamp. I'm Shocked, Shocked to find out Americans do such things. :eek

[video=youtube;SjbPi00k_ME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME[/video]

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Are you guys suggesting that Elon Musk generates revenue via petitioning the government for special entitlements and tax code provisions like the oil companies, pipeline companies, drillers, miners, hotel developers, home builders, mortgage lenders, Wall Street and all the rest of us? I thought they were going to drain the swamp. I'm Shocked, Shocked to find out Americans do such things. :eek

Yes, I'm suggesting his knee pads are better than yours!!!

BTW, Wall Street doesn't blow, they get blown. Tell Jeff I'm donating a new pair for his final stretch. :D

AzGeo

Reaction score

[video=youtube;SjbPi00k_ME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME[/video]

I'm stating that the corporations now controlled by Elon Musk are taking in 'federal grants, and federal emissions credits', while expanding, listing themselves on the stock markets, and reporting LARGE LOSSES . Unlike those companies you listed, who do profitable businesses, do get 'tax benefits' but do pay taxes on those 'stated profits'

Once again YOU TRY to make 'every business the same'. just as you would claim 'illegals and legal immigrants as the same' .

The HATED OIL COMPANIES do show profits and do pay taxes ! The Elon Musk companies show only LOSSES and their only working capital from GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS !

Once again you TRY to bundle 'the good with your lies' as if you think we trust any of your words ...............

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Another scumbag crying!!!

:lmao

"If Trump pulls the US out of the #ParisAgreement he will be committing a traitorous act of war against the American people"-Tom Steyer :rotflmao:

WINNING!!!!!!!
:finger

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Elon Musk is one of if not the most forward thinking, brilliant people alive today.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Elon Musk is one of if not the most forward thinking, brilliant people alive today.

He also employs a lot of people. My wife's machine shop has done work for Space X. I have buddies that are working at the Tesla construction site in Reno. There working 6-7 days a week and racking up the OT. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :D

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

I'm sure he is! Do me a favor, when you're leaning forward at Burning Man later this year, ask him to do us a favor and learn to turn a profit. Ole shithead's in trouble after today. Watch him go to shit.

Attachments

• lean-forward.jpg
    lean-forward.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 82

Andy B.

Reaction score
He also employs a lot of people. My wife's machine shop has done work for Space X. I have buddies that are working at the Tesla construction site in Reno. There working 6-7 days a week and racking up the OT. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :D

Funded by taxpayers!!! Really!!Tesla has never been in the black like azgeo said government subsidies which is funded by???Us the taxpayers Musk is just a good salesman taking advantage of the system that's all...........That's not capitalism that's the same as taking welfare when you can work and contribute!!

Quite the analogy I know but you get the picture i'm painting.............................................

Not sure about space x hopefully that's funded by people that have money they don't want lol!!

Also the land they tare up for the materials to make the batteries yeah he's into helping the environment gimme a break!!!

AzGeo

Reaction score

There are thousands of 'unwed mommies' on welfare all over this country getting 'their paychecks' from the same place Elon Musk gets his to pay his workers . "They all work hard for their money" .

The principle of 'free enterprise' is to 'invest time and effort' into a business that will 'quickly make profits to pay back those who invested' .

The liberal based Elon Musk principle of 'government projects and enterprises' are; that "we need to use up all this year's budget, so we can get more money next year, and don't worry, no one important will ever require positive results" .......... HA HA HA

"I always use other people's money" . Danny Devito (from a movie)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
There are thousands of 'unwed mommies' on welfare all over this country getting 'their paychecks' from the same place Elon Musk gets his to pay his workers . "They all work hard for their money" .

The principle of 'free enterprise' is to 'invest time and effort' into a business that will 'quickly make profits to pay back those who invested' .

The liberal based Elon Musk principle of 'government projects and enterprises' are; that "we need to use up all this year's budget, so we can get more money next year, and don't worry, no one important will ever require positive results" .......... HA HA HA

"I always use other people's money" . Danny Devito (from a movie)

I sent my buddy your post. He doesn't give a shit about unwed mothers or where the $$$$ is coming from. He is just happy getting $2500 a week take home to pay his bills and feed his family... :thumbsup :skull

Tesla..... MAGA!!! WINNING!!!! :lmao

spectras only

Reaction score
Interesting article on Geopolitics of Lithium production.

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/the-geopolitics-of-lithium-production

It is quite likely that a Lithium Producing and Exporting Countries organization analogous to OPEC will come about as lithium becomes increasingly important in global energy. Of the top five countries for lithium reserves described above, only Australia is particularly friendly to the U.S., though Chile and Argentina are generally friendly. Bolivia is downright unfriendly, based on the policies of its long-time president Evo Morales. China, with the second-largest reserves (based on the USGS estimates), is ostensibly friendly to the U.S. but my feeling is that China and the U.S. will experience more and more friction as China continues to rise on the regional and global stage. (For an excellent overview of modern China?s political, economic, cultural and military might, I recommend David Shambaugh?s book China Goes Global: The Partial Power.)

Will China lead the future LPEC? My guess is yes, based on its huge reserves and its increasing desire for global recognition and leadership, but of course this is early-game speculation. Only time will tell.

AzGeo

Reaction score
I sent my buddy your post. He doesn't give a shit about unwed mothers or where the $$$$ is coming from. He is just happy getting $2500 a week take home to pay his bills and feed his family... :thumbsup :skull

Tesla..... MAGA!!! WINNING!!!! :lmao

A paying job is a paying job, and nothing is better than a well paid worker, doing his/her best in their workplace .

Just don't cry to me when the government stops 'sponsoring MEGA Musk projects' .

I'm also not saying that Musk isn't making progress, I'm saying that this federal government needs to (plans to) save some tax dollars in some areas, to spend less and tax the citizens less overall .

Musk has had 'a few years' to prove his business models work . Yet after all the tens of millions, he still is far from NOT LOSING MONEY, and even farther from operating ANY of his ventures as 'viable private enterprises' .

He's not working on 'never ending medical research', he's operating 'private enterprises' on government money ONLY .

Make the money while you can, because this government must begin with 'cuts' and in time go to 'no budgets' for private enterprises that SHOULD already be making their own financial way ............

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score

Transfer of wealth. From the tax payer to the worker. With the government skimming all along the way.:rolleyes

Pelon

Reaction score

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Defense contractors make taxpayer money by selling goods to the .gov on our dime, and also by selling goods like planes to the public.

Musk makes taxpayer money in the form of grants and tax incentives, and selling government mandated carbon credits, on our dime, and also by selling goods like cars and solar panels to the public.

Both provide well-paying jobs to taxpayers, while also taking in cubic taxpayer dollars.

The cubic dollars Musk piles into his business is from Wall Street investors, not the government.

The government doesn't provide the sky-high market cap for his company, that's all on private investors.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Defense contractors make taxpayer money by selling goods to the .gov on our dime, and also by selling goods like planes to the public.

Musk makes taxpayer money in the form of grants and tax incentives, and selling government mandated carbon credits, on our dime, and also by selling goods like cars and solar panels to the public.

Both provide well-paying jobs to taxpayers, while also taking in cubic taxpayer dollars.

The cubic dollars Musk piles into his business is from Wall Street investors, not the government.

The government doesn't provide the sky-high market cap for his company, that's all on private investors.

Whatever you say he's still fucking people big time!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
[video=youtube;MQLbakWESkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQLbakWESkw&feature=share[/video]

pronstar

Reaction score
Whatever you say he's still fucking people big time!!!

How so?
You can't rape the willing...
He's not holding a gun to anyone's head.

The .gov and investors freely give him money.

jonnyd

Reaction score
Anyone who has started their own business knows how much hard work and dedication it takes to become successful. To build a business from the ground up takes a lot of sacrifice. In 2007 when the real estate market collapsed and the recession began my business essentially was destroyed. We lost almost everything we had worked hard to build and ended up fighting hard to keep the few things we had left. Privately owned business owners many times have to sign personal guarantee's with banks in order to secure lending for property and inventory financing.

We did not have the luxury of just walking away for fear of losing our personal homes and the few things we owned. I went approximately 5 years with little to no compensation in order to save myself from creditors and keep the doors of my business open, all the while hoping for the economy to pick up and the business to come back. Ten years later I am finally doing good enough to feel good again!

During the recession I remember hearing about a solar company the government helped get started. The owners of the business received millions of dollars from the government to start the business and then gave them and their consumers incentives to purchase product. These owners and their staff made many dollars selling the panels, but because of poor leadership and business skills the company quickly failed. All of the millions of dollars the company received to start the business as well as the profits and compensation were never accounted for or recovered.

The principals of the company never had any skin in the game. They were never personally invested in the creation of the company or required to sign personal guarantees. They just walked away to see another day.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Anyone who has started their own business knows how much hard work and dedication it takes to become successful. To build a business from the ground up takes a lot of sacrifice. In 2007 when the real estate market collapsed and the recession began my business essentially was destroyed. We lost almost everything we had worked hard to build and ended up fighting hard to keep the few things we had left. Privately owned business owners many times have to sign personal guarantee's with banks in order to secure lending for property and inventory financing.

We did not have the luxury of just walking away for fear of losing our personal homes and the few things we owned. I went approximately 5 years with little to no compensation in order to save myself from creditors and keep the doors of my business open, all the while hoping for the economy to pick up and the business to come back. Ten years later I am finally doing good enough to feel good again!

During the recession I remember hearing about a solar company the government helped get started. The owners of the business received millions of dollars from the government to start the business and then gave them and their consumers incentives to purchase product. These owners and their staff made many dollars selling the panels, but because of poor leadership and business skills the company quickly failed. All of the millions of dollars the company received to start the business as well as the profits and compensation were never accounted for or recovered.

The principals of the company never had any skin in the game. They were never personally invested in the creation of the company or required to sign personal guarantees. They just walked away to see another day.

Yeah, do you know who profited millions from Solyndra?

thetub

Reaction score
How so?
You can't rape the willing...
He's not holding a gun to anyone's head.

The .gov and investors freely give him money.

investors are one thing, but the Govn. not really...

and investors pile money into his company cause its funded and backed by the Govrnmnt....

whatever it is its a shitty deal for the taxpayer...

I didnt sign up to invest in his company...

I really dont believe in the Stock Market either...

Old Texan

Reaction score
Yeah, do you know who profited millions from Solyndra?

Oh no, not another "Conspiracy" deal......:yikes:skull:smackhead:lmao

The whole article posted in one of these threads on Musk, tells the story of a man whose "genius" is how to bilk wealth from governments at all levels, municipal to federal. The greed is piqued with the dangling carrot of power and personal wealth paid for by an unsuspecting public. A public who will eventually foot the bill one way or another.

pronstar

Reaction score
investors are one thing, but the Govn. not really...

and investors pile money into his company cause its funded and backed by the Govrnmnt....

whatever it is its a shitty deal for the taxpayer...

I didnt sign up to invest in his company...

I really dont believe in the Stock Market either...

I get that you don't believe in the stock market...and if you believe his company's market cap is because "it's funded and backed by the government" then I think staying out of the stock market is a wise choice for you.

The government doesn't own shares in any of his companies. And by extension, neither do you.

That's like saying the government owns Lockheed Martin.

500bbc

Reaction score
I get that you don't believe in the stock market...and if you believe his company's market cap is because "it's funded and backed by the government" then I think staying out of the stock market is a wise choice for you.

The government doesn't own shares in any of his companies. And by extension, neither do you.

Every penny of his companies profit comes from the pockets of taxpayers.

Brilliant, Flim Flam Man, but brilliant.

pronstar

Reaction score
Every penny of his companies profit comes from the pockets of taxpayers.

Brilliant, Flim Flam Man, but brilliant.

What profit? LOL

And his ModeL S sells 2k units per month, more than the S-Class, BMW 7er and anything else in the class. Those sales generate not-unsubstantial cashflow that's not on the taxpayers expense.

They also generate cash selling "carbon credits" to other carmakers, due to .gov regulation but also not at taxpayer expense.

And SpaceX is just like any other company slinging things into space. Lots of government AND private money...but mostly government methinks, not unusual in that industry.

What is at the taxpayers' expense is any EV rebate, tax incentive and government space missions...but who is he holding hostage to get that money?

It's ripe for the taking...he was just smarter than the rest of us to turn a $28k family loan into a personal fortune by grabbing what's freely available.

Andy B.

Reaction score
What profit? LOL

And his ModeL S sells 2k units per month, more than the S-Class, BMW 7er and anything else in the class. Those sales generate not-unsubstantial cashflow that's not on the taxpayers expense.

They also generate cash selling "carbon credits" to other carmakers, due to .gov regulation but also not at taxpayer expense.

And SpaceX is just like any other company slinging things into space. Lots of government AND private money...but mostly government methinks, not unusual in that industry.

What is at the taxpayers' expense is any EV rebate, tax incentive and government space missions...but who is he holding hostage to get that money?

It's ripe for the taking...he was just smarter than the rest of us to turn a $28k family loan into a personal fortune by grabbing what's freely available.

Pretty sure everyone is calling him a hypocrite for "Mr. clean environment" I know I am lol. The land that is destroyed to make the batteries and the toxic crap that is left after their shelf life etc. How his rhetoric any different than coal and oil companies just saying. And for the record I love my diesel burning black smokin truck!!!

Pretty sure he was giving Trump shit for backing out of the Paris deal.......................

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
And so just like every other problem our country faces........................it leads back to the whores in government.

I stand by my OP..........................the tard party is over Musky!!!!!

530RL

Reaction score
What profit? LOL

What you have to understand is that if you inherit a billion or so of slum apartments and collect rents subsidized by the government, and then run for president, you are a genius brilliant businessman......despite your bankruptcies, other failures and the fact that you got your start off government subsidized housing given to you by your father.

However, if you start a company in a segment of an industry that no one else had succeeded at, but it receives government incentives which are about to hit the cap; and then build another company that slings shit into space, on the governments dime, but a smaller dime than the government did it for previously; you are a retarded liberal fuck stick.

It is all very clear and easy to follow......

500bbc

Reaction score
What you have to understand is that if you inherit a billion or so of slum apartments and collect rents subsidized by the government, and then run for president, you are a genius brilliant businessman......despite your bankruptcies, other failures and the fact that you got your start off government subsidized housing given to you by your father.

However, if you start a company in a segment of an industry that no one else had succeeded at, but it receives government incentives which are about to hit the cap; and then build another company that slings shit into space, on the governments dime, but a smaller dime than the government did it for previously; you are a retarded BRILLIANT PARASITIC fuck stick.

You're welcome!

Old Texan

Reaction score

However, if you start a company in a segment of an industry that no one else had succeeded at, but it receives government incentives which are about to hit the cap; and then build another company that slings shit into space, on the governments dime, but a smaller dime than the government did it for previously; you are a retarded liberal fuck stick.

Oh good grief the liberties you take when spouting this shit......I must say, Trump has given your life new vigor if nothing else. You must send a request in to the SS asking to reserve a private ass kissing session from a hostile position to express your thanks.:rolleyes

Old Texan

Reaction score
What profit? LOL

Exploitation of a broken and corrupt system. Can't blame a guy for selling his soul I suppose. I just have a hard time making him into some hero that is making a difference. He's doing it for one reason, personal gain. Not condemning him as he just took advantage.....Not showing the hate others find for Trump because he made a lot of money in ways unconventional to the majority of citizens either.

AzGeo

Reaction score

This above is not true . Lockheed gets some experimental 'grants', competes for government contracts, sells retail and exports to other countries . A government connected enterprise with stockholders, who must be satisfied .

Musk 'ventures' have pinpointed those industries which reap the 'most financial help from liberal politicians', and may or may not help the public or the environment with their achievements .

Those who hold 'Musk stocks' do not expect anything for a while, because they keep thinking "the government will always pay for these programs", and that may be coming to an end . Whether you put gas or electricity into your car, that energy needs to be made and shipped to you, and with prices close, (these days) why spend TAX DOLLARS on electric car RESEARCH and PRODUCTION LINES ? Or why piss millions into 'self driving BS at all ? (take your guns and then your cars)

Musk WANTS TO BE A GOVERNMENT SUPPLIER, with Space X, (being one is Business INSURANCE) and as GREAT as the company's goals sound and perform, this too is an 'overpriced government funded, research project'. The batteries, the cars, his Solar company, all DRIPPING with GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS, with LITTLE HOPE of ever becoming VIABLE BUSINESSES, without GOVERNMENT MONEY ! He has build an EMPIRE of legal government favors into a giant ponzi scheme, that will fall apart when the GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS STOP .

HE IS VERY SMART, much smarter than all the politicians, from DC to Reno .

What profit? LOL

HE IS SMART, and now it's time that this government get smart too .

Carbon credits ARE NOT FREE, their costs are BUILT INTO THE PRICES of every new vehicle on and off the roads today, so don't say; "not at taxpayer expense" .

We are now '5 - 10 + years down this Electric vehicle road', and they should be 'well sorted out by now' .

The 'clean air tax incentives' should stop, either you want electric or you don't .

The 'ethanol/corn' tax incentives should also be stopped, even ALGORE (the lying sack of shit) says it has done nothing to stop 'climate change', but it has affected food prices .

I'm all for HELPING new American technologies 'get off the ground', even with a ONE TIME GOVERNMENT GRANT, but NEVER a FIVE YEAR SPONSORSHIP, as the liberals have shown people like MUSK ..........

Government monies should first take care of The VA Hospitals, The US school systems, and our infrastructure .

Time for MUSK and others like him to 'carry their own water' ................. That's what WE are expected to do .

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

According to everyone who posted here, he's loosing money on every vehicle built...that's succeeding?

Only thing he is succeeding at it is fleecing the taxpayer. Electric cars are a pure dog and pony show, if you think for one second big oil is going to just let their entire monopoly slip away..I got a bridge to sell ya..:cool:D

JD D05

Reaction score
According to everyone who posted here, he's loosing money on every vehicle built...that's succeeding?

Only thing he is succeeding at it is fleecing the taxpayer. Electric cars are a pure dog and pony show, if you think for one second big oil is going to just let their entire monopoly slip away..I got a bridge to sell ya..:cool:D

[video=youtube;M9H0Zla6998]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9H0Zla6998[/video]

pronstar

Reaction score
The cost of "anything" is built into the cost of goods sold, and that includes tax subsidies.

Why aren't we complaining about the government subsidizing home ownership via mortgage interest deductions?

If we stick with gasoline fuels, why is no one complaining about oil subsidies that are taxpayer funded? Shouldn't the petroleum industry be sorted out by now?

I'm not for .gov subsidizing anything, I think the market needs to decide...to a degree.

But to turn a blind eye toward "what we like" while criticizing "what we don't like" doesn't seem genuine to me.

AzGeo

Reaction score
One bag of snakes at a time, PAL ......

There are a whole lotta government tax/incentives I would like to see cut out, "The Musk Pyramids" are the topic here .

"One lane at a time, no using the emergency lane for passing" .............

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

"Big Oil" is no longer a singularly petroleum business. They are energy companies that, frankly, employ the best minds in the world when it comes to long term sustainable alternative energy.
Electric cars are not what the next true advancement in transportation energy will end up as. They are a "stop gap" at best...sort of a feel good move into the future...but certainly not a solution.
Our Gov seems to think it can mandate the direction of future energy solutions...but time and again we see that they have ZERO answers beyond political leverage and dispersing funds to those who play their game.

In short, those big bad oil companies are the ones who will develop (and market) future sustainable energy...whatever it may be.
But you are correct in that they will NOT forward these advancements until all profitable oil is sold.

JD D05

Reaction score
"Big Oil" is no longer a singularly petroleum business. They are energy companies that, frankly, employ the best minds in the world when it comes to long term sustainable alternative energy.
Electric cars are not what the next true advancement in transportation energy will end up as. They are a "stop gap" at best...sort of a feel good move into the future...but certainly not a solution.
Our Gov seems to think it can mandate the direction of future energy solutions...but time and again we see that they have ZERO answers beyond political leverage and dispersing funds to those who play their game.

In short, those big bad oil companies are the ones who will develop (and market) future sustainable energy...whatever it may be.
But you are correct in that they will NOT forward these advancements until all profitable oil is sold.

We had electric cars before fossil fuel powered...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

People love to claim that shit, but it's bullshit.

In 1808 Franois Isaac de Rivaz designed the first car powered by an internal combustion engine fueled by hydrogen.

In 1870 Siegfried Marcus built the first gasoline powered combustion engine, which he placed on a pushcart, building four progressively sophisticated combustion-engine cars over a 10-to-15-year span that influenced later cars. Marcus created the two-cycle combustion engine. The car's second incarnation in 1880 introduced a four-cycle, gasoline-powered engine, an ingenious carburetor design and magneto ignition. He created an additional two models further refining his design with steering, a clutch and brakes.

The four-stroke petrol (gasoline) internal combustion engine that still constitutes the most prevalent form of modern automotive propulsion was patented by Nikolaus Otto.

The similar four-stroke diesel engine was invented by Rudolf Diesel.

The hydrogen fuel cell, one of the technologies hailed as a replacement for gasoline as an energy source for cars, was discovered in principle by Christian Friedrich Schnbein in 1838.

The battery electric car owes its beginnings to nyos Jedlik, one of the inventors of the electric motor, and Gaston Plant?, who invented the lead-acid battery in 1859.

In 1885, Karl Benz developed a petrol or gasoline powered automobile. This is also considered to be the first "production" vehicle as Benz made several other identical copies. The automobile was powered by a single cylinder two stroke engine.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Yep. I believe the first known electric car was in the 1830's?
They quickly went away with the invention of the gasoline ICE...much like they will again.
It is my belief that, as far as transportation energy, future long term solutions will use magnetics in some way.

thetub

Reaction score
Yep. I believe the first known electric car was in the 1830's?
They quickly went away with the invention of the gasoline ICE...much like they will again.
It is my belief that, as far as transportation energy, future long term solutions will use magnetics in some way.

all the trash,ups,fed ex guys were forced to use natural gas, which seems to be working

and heard now hydrogen is gonna be the next thing forced on to them...

I know natural gas is half the cost of diesel and would think hydrogen would be half of natural gas...