Connoisseur
Reaction score

Attachments

• 17451910-A115-43C5-BB74-C3F59F2DF9D2.jpeg
    17451910-A115-43C5-BB74-C3F59F2DF9D2.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 71

nowski

Reaction score
My guess is that those higher gas prices are demoralizing his employees at SpaceX and Tesla here in the States. I'm just trying to look at all the angles...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My guess is that those higher gas prices are demoralizing his employees at SpaceX and Tesla here in the States. I'm just trying to look at all the angles...
It's quite amazing how many vehicles are parked there daily. Forget about getting a parking spot after about 9am.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Hes was asked if he could shut off all oil and gas right now would he do it - and it his response was "that would be insane".

Last edited:

OC Mike

Reaction score
Muskie an interesting guy.
Not so sure he is as far left as the left would like him to be.
1. Moved/moving corp headquarters out of California for governmental concerns...
2. Primary passion is building Rockets. Nothing green about a Rocket.
3. Builds electric cars, but why. I don't think it's to save the planet. As a business man he found a 'Need and Fill it.'

Seems to be a guy who builds electric cars and plays with Rockets..

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Muskie an interesting guy.
Not so sure he is as far left as the left would like him to be.
1. Moved/moving corp headquarters out of California for governmental concerns...
2. Primary passion is building Rockets. Nothing green about a Rocket.
3. Builds electric cars, but why. I don't think it's to save the planet. As a business man he found a 'Need and Fill it.'

Seems to be a guy who builds electric cars and plays with Rockets..
I don’t think he is a democrat is he?

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
He is subsidized by the tax payers. What does he care if Tesla doesn't make as much money.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
He is subsidized by the tax payers. What does he care if Tesla doesn't make as much money.

He took in about $5B in subsidies and parlayed it into a company with an $800B market cap, a personal wealth approaching $250B, and he claims to have paid $11B in personal income taxes last year.

We need more recipients of government subsidies like Musk, methinks…

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He took in about $5B in subsidies and parlayed it into a company with an $800B market cap, a personal wealth approaching $250B, and he claims to have paid $11B in personal income taxes last year.

We need more recipients of government subsidies like Musk, methinks…
So, he got 5b in tax money, and turned it into 800b...
The US government collected somewhere north of 3 trillion in taxes...and spent 6?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear he is slightly better at numbers.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So, he got 5b in tax money, and turned it into 800b...
The US government collected somewhere north of 3 trillion in taxes...and spent 6?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear he is slightly better at numbers.

Musk is a fascinating study.
He is truly passionate about his visions. We mostly see his accomplishments and not so much the failures and endless work he puts in.
He crashed a LOT of rockets trying to perfect landing the boosters.
More than once he was at the “last chance” in proof of concept and teetering on the brink of total failure. He just doesn’t give up…ever.
Frankly I always forget about the whole Tesla deal, SpaceX is just so bad ass. This guy is off the hook genius.
The spaceX/ NASA “journey to the future” 2 hour special is a real eye opener.
Musk isn’t a greenie electric everything moron.
He knows EXACTLY how the world turns.
Can you imagine a greenie idiot like AOC trying to run a company at all? Let alone pioneer future space travel??
Please.
I’d rather give Musk 5 billion every year and see what he does next than piss it away on fuckhead Bidens security bill.

As far as ROI, the State of Alaska turned the interest off their oil royalties into the largest single holder investment fund in the world. (The Alaska permanent fund), while the federal government drew MORE royalties on the same oil and increased debt every single year, PAYING interest on debt rather than collecting and reinvesting interest on royalties.
Frankly, my 9 year old grandson is more likely to turn a profit selling lemonade than the feds ever will.
Don’t forget, they once went bankrupt selling booze and sex in Nevada.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
Here’s the crazy thing about Musk:
He runs SpaceX, even gets dirty with the engineers.

And his education:
Everything he learned about rockets, he self-studied on the internet.

While the rest of us fools are content getting “likes” on RDP 🤣

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Musk is a fascinating study.
He is truly passionate about his visions. We mostly see his accomplishments and not so much the failures and endless work he puts in.
He crashed a LOT of rockets trying to perfect landing the boosters.
More than once he was at the “last chance” in proof of concept and teetering on the brink of total failure. He just doesn’t give up…ever.
Frankly I always forget about the whole Tesla deal, SpaceX is just so bad ass. This guy is off the hook genius.
The spaceX/ NASA “journey to the future” 2 hour special is a real eye opener.
Musk isn’t a greenie electric everything moron.
He knows EXACTLY how the world turns.
Can you imagine a greenie idiot like AOC trying to run a company at all? Let alone pioneer future space travel??
Please.
I’d rather give Musk 5 billion every year and see what he does next than piss it away on fuckhead Bidens security bill.

As far as ROI, the State of Alaska turned the interest off their oil royalties into the largest single holder investment fund in the world. (The Alaska permanent fund), while the federal government drew MORE royalties on the same oil and increased debt every single year, PAYING interest on debt rather than collecting and reinvesting interest on royalties.
Frankly, my 9 year old grandson is more likely to turn a profit selling lemonade than the feds ever will.
Don’t forget, they once went bankrupt selling booze and sex in Nevada.
Musk, not two years ago I believe, lost a rocket on landing in Texas. I believe it was one of the big setups. It burned in hard, total loss of billions I would guess. He tweeted out, "...at least the crater is in the right spot."
That there impressed the F@k out of me. The next month, successful test. SpaceX learns from failure, and makes changes.
The US Government will do the same thing repeatedly with failure, and change nothing.

pronstar

Reaction score
The US’ rocket program was plagued with early failures, much more so than SpaceX

pronstar

Reaction score
The US Government will do the same thing repeatedly with failure, and change nothing.

Yes they will, promote the managers to a new position.
That’s the Peter Principle at work 👍

D1294D53-1975-47AB-8474-9439A480AEEC.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Musk, not two years ago I believe, lost a rocket on landing in Texas. I believe it was one of the big setups. It burned in hard, total loss of billions I would guess. He tweeted out, "...at least the crater is in the right spot."
That there impressed the F@k out of me. The next month, successful test. SpaceX learns from failure, and makes changes.

Before they could even be considered for a manned flight with NASA astronauts they had to prove capability through rigorous testing and demonstration of ability.
This required much sacrifice of components, especially during the capsule safety ejection and flight abort sequences.
Basically, purposely blowing up an entire rocket to show the capsule would survive with the astronauts intact.
Some may not know it, but SpaceX also had to do a complete unmanned space station flight 100% autonomously before those 2 astronauts ever went near the capsule…a capsule that was the result of several failed attempts and different designs before it became the marvel we all watched dock with Bob and Doug strapped into it.

pronstar

Reaction score
I’m not sure 9% is enough to make a change. There are still way more shareholders that support Twitters current tactics.
I bet Musk gets a big seat on the board of directors…

DWC

Reaction score
I bet Musk gets a big seat on the board of directors…
I’m sure he will. It’ll be one seat at a table filled with Twitter pawns that have been cashing big checks for years. It’ll be a wasted vote.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m not sure 9% is enough to make a change. There are still way more shareholders that support Twitters current tactics.

Will be interesting to see if he becomes an activist investor. We will see what wins.. virtue signaling ESG or $$$.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Here’s the crazy thing about Musk:
He runs SpaceX, even gets dirty with the engineers.

And his education:
Everything he learned about rockets, he self-studied on the internet.

While the rest of us fools are content getting “likes” on RDP 🤣
So my nearly 2-1 like ratio isn't going to make me Billions FML :rolleyes:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I agree. But what I don't know is why.
I think those that are leaning towards the ESG side of things are trying to assert themselves into positions of money after ESG is the "Law of the Land". It's still about money, but playing the long game. Sell outs? Maybe. Traitors to the Constitution? Most assuredly.

Be it good or bad, I don't have much financially to gain, lose or invest. I'll be doing lots of barter work though. Adapt and overcome.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think those that are leaning towards the ESG side of things are trying to assert themselves into positions of money after ESG is the "Law of the Land". It's still about money, but playing the long game. Sell outs? Maybe. Traitors to the Constitution? Most assuredly.

Be it good or bad, I don't have much financially to gain, lose or invest. I'll be doing lots of barter work though. Adapt and overcome.
I agree it is some kind of long game. but I'm assuming executive compensation is now tied partially to the ESG score is the driver which explains the short term scramble. Why investment firms are weighing it more and more even at their own peril.. I don't get.