Elvis Movie Coming Out. 6.24.22

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well I’m all shook up.

Just kidding. I could give a crap.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
My mother-in-law was a big fan of Elvis, so is my wife. We went to Graceland a few years ago as it was something her mom wasn't ever able to do. Don't know if you've ever been, that place is a trip. After going to Graceland I spent a pretty fair amount of time on the web reading this and that about him. He was an interesting fellow to say the least. I absolutely can't stand the thought of going to a movie theatre, but would probably take my wife to see this. Of course if she wanted to wait till it showed up on Netflix or something I'd be fine with that too.😄

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
My mother-in-law was a big fan of Elvis, so is my wife. We went to Graceland a few years ago as it was something her mom wasn't ever able to do. Don't know if you've ever been, that place is a trip. After going to Graceland I spent a pretty fair amount of time on the web reading this and that about him. He was an interesting fellow to say the least. I absolutely can't stand the thought of going to a movie theatre, but would probably take my wife to see this. Of course if she wanted to wait till it showed up on Netflix or something I'd be fine with that too.😄

Thank you, thank you very much for sharing :D. I'd love to go to Graceland. We will be in Tennessee multiple times this year so I'm sure it'll happen.

Yeah definitely an interesting man, but I think most entertainers are a little odd anyways.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't care much for the eyeliner and lipstick on the young Elvis...and not sure of Hanks playing Parker.
Baz does some good music. And had a lot to choose from on this though. Could be good from both the soundtrack and the visuals of the times, even without a script.

Reactions: DWC

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I'm a huge Elvis fan. After watching the trailer, I'd swear that that was Elvis himself on stage in the later years.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Although Graceland was cool, don't even think about staying within 30 miles of that shit hole, if you want to come out alive. It really is a ghetto area.

calkid

Reaction score
I was busy looking at my Farrah Fawcett poster when he died. Oh shit. maybe he had one in his bathroom!

Devilman

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you very much for sharing :D. I'd love to go to Graceland. We will be in Tennessee multiple times this year so I'm sure it'll happen.

Yeah definitely an interesting man, but I think most entertainers are a little odd anyways.
Nice, lol 😄 If you are able, it's pretty interesting stuff for an Elvis fan. We were there for 4 hours or so and don't think got to see every bit of it, while the couple that was with us breezed through it in about half the time. To be honest, I wouldn't call myself a big fan of Elvis, but just all the stuff going on with him/around him and the times back then in general was cool to see and read about from a historical standpoint I guess you'd say. I still get on an Elvis kick every once in awhile and get to web searching stuff. One thing they supposedly don't mention on the Graceland tour is where he died, but it's easy enough to find on the web. There were people talking about it when we were there, reactions were all over the place, lol

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Although Graceland was cool, don't even think about staying within 30 miles of that shit hole, if you want to come out alive. It really is a ghetto area.

It used to be a beautiful area but unfortunately has gone to shit as has much of Memphis. I think still worth a visit though. If anyone is going they should hit Sun Studios too. Lots of history there.

Devilman

Reaction score
This is true unfortunately. 😣

havasujeeper

Reaction score
We stayed in Germantown, which is about 30 miles east of Memphis. See the sites by day, GTFO by nightfall!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was pulling a trailer on the way to a show in Knoxville about 15 years ago. Needed fuel, figured I'd stop in Memphis...say I've been there kind of stop...
The guy at the gas station was in a bullet proof fish bowl. He looked at the rig and said, pretty much, get a few gallons and get moving. :oops:

And I can tell you the fairgrounds in Knoxville are also in a great area as well!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Elvis - Our band worked the Sands Hotel Lounge in Vegas back in the day, early 70s. Our mentor and producer was Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers. A truly amazing experience. I didn’t realize Bill and Elvis were good friends. On our only night off of any week, Bill invited us to come with him to see Elvis’ show at the Hilton International. I said no thanks. Our band members who went said, man you really missed it! After the show they ended up invited up to Elvis’ room, sitting around a piano, partying singing and harmonizing with Medley and Presley. We were all good friends with Medley. Bill is a straight up, no bull shit kind of guy. I can’t say enough for him. They said Elvis fell comfortably right into that just a regular guy kind of groove. Until his Memphis Mafia buds, who were there, would try to get involved. They had one job . . . Kiss Elvis’ ass every chance they got. And they did it. Worse yet, Elvis obviously relished in it. It was beyond bad. It was sad. Why would a guy, with Elvis’ phenomenal success, have a need for that kind of phoney BS? In any case, he apparently did. An arrangement which worked, until it didn’t.