WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Emailed the Dodgers about kneeling Mookie

Familyties

Reaction score
Message: I wrote you on opening day about the Great disrespect from Mookie when he took a knee during the National Anthem and you responded by saying the Dodgers allow the players to use their platform to make a statements so that make the Dodgers complicit the disrespect of our Flag and National Anthem. So I emailed you back and stated I could not support the Dodgers or their sponsors this year, and you did not respond.

I did not watch any Dodger games this year not even the World Series. I was at the game where Jay Johnston saved the American flag when that idiot tried to burn it on the field. I remember Tommy running out of the dugout towards the flag which was impressive for a man his size. Later in a news conference Tommy said no one will ever disrespect the American here in Dodger stadium, but times have obliviously change since Tommy was the skipper. So I decided to use my own platform to protest this disgraceful move by Mookie by using my wallet.

First I canceled my Farmers Insurance policy on my vacation home and told them why. I wrote to Union 76 that I would no longer purchase fuel or goods from there retailers for the rest of the year due to their sponsorship, they offered me a $25.00 gift card but I declined it. Then wrote Budweiser and said no more Bud Light this year due to Mookie taken a knee. I called Spectrum and canceled my internet due to their sponsorship but they gave me 9 months free and discounted my service fee by 50%. I voice my complaint to the Office of the President of AT&T and DirecTV and He discounted my monthly bill by $60.00 and gave 1 year of HBO and Cinemax.
I’ll tune in for opening day next year to see if the Dodger are a real American Team and if they put this kneeling to rest.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Message: I wrote you on opening day about the Great disrespect from Mookie when he took a knee during the National Anthem and you responded by saying the Dodgers allow the players to use their platform to make a statements so that make the Dodgers complicit the disrespect of our Flag and National Anthem. So I emailed you back and stated I could not support the Dodgers or their sponsors this year, and you did not respond.

I did not watch any Dodger games this year not even the World Series. I was at the game where Jay Johnston saved the American flag when that idiot tried to burn it on the field. I remember Tommy running out of the dugout towards the flag which was impressive for a man his size. Later in a news conference Tommy said no one will ever disrespect the American here in Dodger stadium, but times have obliviously change since Tommy was the skipper. So I decided to use my own platform to protest this disgraceful move by Mookie by using my wallet.

First I canceled my Farmers Insurance policy on my vacation home and told them why. I wrote to Union 76 that I would no longer purchase fuel or goods from there retailers for the rest of the year due to their sponsorship, they offered me a $25.00 gift card but I declined it. Then wrote Budweiser and said no more Bud Light this year due to Mookie taken a knee. I called Spectrum and canceled my internet due to their sponsorship but they gave me 9 months free and discounted my service fee by 50%. I voice my complaint to the Office of the President of AT&T and DirecTV and He discounted my monthly bill by $60.00 and gave 1 year of HBO and Cinemax.
I’ll tune in for opening day next year to see if the Dodger are a real American Team and if they put this kneeling to rest.
It was Rick Monday that saved the flag. Not Jay Johnstone.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Good for you.
I did not watch or attend any NFL, NBA, or MLB events this year for the same reason.
I never thought about going after their sponsors, mainly because I don’t know who they are.
I almost turned off NASCAR because of that Wallace clown and his “noose” hoax, followed by the BLM crap on his car. But he’s not a significant member of the sport.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
It was Rick Monday that saved the flag. Not Jay Johnstone.

That’s the only sports I have watched in 2 years , Thank you I really enjoyed that 👍😎🇺🇸🇺🇸

Last edited:

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Well done!
I do my best to not give Hollywood any of my money. Every time a friend asks me "did you see such and such movie". The answer is always no

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Well done!
I do my best to not give Hollywood any of my money. Every time a friend asks me "did you see such and such movie". The answer is always no
I've been to one movie in the last 30 years and it was "Lone Survivor". I wanted to maybe see what my wife's BF's kid went through over in that sandtrap!!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I have great respect for you - how you feel and how you've told companies you buy from how their decisions and actions/inactions have affected you and them. Well done sir!