WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Emergency - old school tv

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
So I just spent a hour and half watching this old show
Have no clue why, just got sucked in as I used to watch it as a kid.
Maybe some has to do with my FiL was a captain in LAFD way back. And moved up north (aptos)to start one of the first paramedic programs.
What a long way we have come
Anywhoo just some useless post I felt like sharing. Lol
Oh ya. Always thought Dixie was kind of hot!!

Dog

Reaction score
I thought you needed a tv with an old screw connection.

O6TZ1FlSqThA1xJpnqX7-lDwZdJua6ArRg5ZUEQVUow.jpg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
To funny. When I was HS and in my audio/video class this show was on at noon and I actually had to add stuff to the antenna to get reception. Tin foil hat kind of deal. 👍

Dog

Reaction score
I never watched some of the old shows but I will always remember a stop coming out of CA, not even sure the highway but their claim to fame was a scene in I believe "Airwolf" it was a helicopter and or near a gas station in the middle of no where.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I never watched some of the old shows but I will always remember a stop coming out of CA, not even sure the highway but their claim to fame was a scene in I believe "Airwolf" it was a helicopter and or near a gas station in the middle of no where.

Desert center probably

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
If you guys like(ed) Emergency you might want to visit here...........https://www.lacountyfiremuseum.com/?fbclid=IwAR3bP2cnQrbxRbJEvjHRgWLBkjF1qg2OZincbnL4dwcqIqDUWVAZBcOsLKY

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
This is hilarious allot of my buddies laugh at me cause I always will say start a IV D5W with ringers lactate and transfer. Also when my dad was in the hospital I asked the nurse are you gonna start an IV D5W with Ringers and I quote she stated are you a doctor which I reply no but I slept at a holiday inn last night.

Read this and it brought back all the crap they give me about it tooo funnny and its weird how it can suck you back in.

77charger

Reaction score
There was one airwolf show filmed in desert center. Funny part it was to based in Texas but in some parts you see the road sign pointing to phoenix in background

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Don't forget "The Rifleman" ! I just recently finished the complete series. Most of the shows mentioned are on my evening watch list. (after the wife goes to bed).

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
What is D5W used for?

Lactated Ringer's and 5% Dextrose Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic solution for fluid and electrolyte replenishment and caloric supply in a single dose container for intravenous administration.

Dextrose 5% in Water (D5 or D5W, an intravenous sugar solution) A crystalloid that is both isotonic and hypotonic, administered for hypernatremia and to provide free water for the kidneys. Initially hypotonic, D5 dilutes the osmolarity of the extracellular fluid.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
All In The Family "Archie Bunker"
The Original MacGyver
The Benny Hill Show

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
^^^you made me think of couple more I'd watch

Kojak
Barretta
Baa Baa Black Sheep

samsah33

Reaction score
Here's a couple you don't hear much about these days that I barely remember my parent watching:
Love American Style (already mentioned)
That Girl
Room 222
Hot_l Baltimore
Bosom Buddies
Mannix

poncho

Reaction score
Here's a couple you don't hear much about these days that I barely remember my parent watching:
Love American Style (already mentioned)
That Girl
Room 222
Hot_l Baltimore
Bosom Buddies
Mannix
Eddie's Father, folks were splitting up so I related to that show.

Dog

Reaction score
M.A.S.H. it was always the last show of the night then the Star Spangled Banner, then the colored bars "off air".

Cobalt232

Reaction score
When I was home sick as a kid - 9:00am I Love Lucy on channel 11.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The Twilight Zone (never really got into it as a kid/more as i got older)
Happy Days

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
WKRP. Bailey! 😘

I was a young fire fighter in the early ‘70s and we watched “Emergency” religiously. We didn’t have EMS back in those days, we just called the meat wagon. Ralph Mantooth was instrumental in getting EMS and Paramedic programs in fire service throughout the country. To this day, when I’m responding to a Med call I have the theme music playing in my head. 😁

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Heeeeeer’s Johnny!

Johnny Carson - so many classic shows