WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Empty nesters

4Waters

Reaction score
For a week. Kids off to Hume Lake Christian camp for the week, this is my daughter's 3 trip and my son's first, it's weird to not have them here. 😪

20220710_081959.jpg

Now excuse me the wife and I have to go have loud crazy sex😉🤣 be back in a sec🤣

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hume Lake. Our son went to it with his youth group. They all came back with such a great bond and friendship. Thanks for the reminder. Also be sure that kids hit the blob. And also make sure that they have the biggest kid launch the smallest. My son about 100labs was launched by a kid twice his size. 👍

4Waters

Reaction score
Hume Lake. Our son went to it with his youth group. They all came back with such a great bond and friendship. Thanks for the reminder. Also be sure that kids hit the blob. And also make sure that they have the biggest kid launch the smallest. My son about 100labs was launched by a kid twice his size. 👍
Oh definitely, my daughter missed the blob her first go around, just ran out of time and figured she would do it the following year and then covid hit and camp was canceled, she did the blob last year. My son is doing the blob for sure this year as well as high ropes and paintball. He is going to be on overload, they get back next Saturday afternoon and he gets Sunday to recover and Monday football starts.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
For a week. Kids off to Hume Lake Christian camp for the week, this is my daughter's 3 trip and my son's first, it's weird to not have them here. 😪

View attachment 1134976

Liar! You have been texting me too much to be having sexy time. Lol!

Clank123

Reaction score

View attachment 1134976

Very cool.
My granddaughter was there 2 weeks ago and my oldest grandson left this morning.
He just turned 13 and he’s 6’1.
Hard to miss.
The camp is a long-standing summer trip for our family.
Hope they have a great experience up there. 👍🙏🏻

4Waters

Reaction score
Very cool.
My granddaughter was there 2 weeks ago and my oldest grandson left this morning.
He just turned 13 and he’s 6’1.
Hard to miss.
The camp is a long-standing summer trip for our family.
Hope they have a great experience up there. 👍🙏🏻
What grade is he going into

Singleton

Reaction score
My 10yo daughter is off to grandma and papa’s for 3 weeks starting today. Usually she is gone for 5-6 weeks, but her volleyball and waterpolo schedule limited her time away this summer.

Now, if our college kid would move the F out (at least he is working finally).

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Now that I'm older...

I realize Why my parents sent me to summer camp every year. 😉

Great times! 👍🏼👍🏼
They might have sent me for their reasons but I found many reasons to keep going back that I bet they didn’t even think of…... :naughty:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They might have sent me for their reasons but I found many reasons to keep going back that I bet they didn’t even think of…... :naughty:

Oh hell yeah...

Being on staff, when the all girls momon campers showed up was definitely a good time! 👍🏼😁

Backlash

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when I see these "Empty Nest" threads, all I can do is count the years. I cannot wait for that to happen here. My wife's older son is something else, and I can't wait for him to graduate and move out on his own. 🥳

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when I see these "Empty Nest" threads, all I can do is count the years. I cannot wait for that to happen here. My wife's older son is something else, and I can't wait for him to graduate and move out on his own. 🥳
It comes faster than you think. We have three two boys and a girl. the boys are married with one in WA and one in Modesto CA we're in Apple Valley CA
Our daughter works at 1000 pines Christian camp in Crestline CA. It's been pretty quiet around our place for a while. We have 7 grandbabies with #8 on the way. We see our daughter every couple of weeks or so. Son and DIL were here from WA so it was great to have two of the grandkids here for a little while. It was a huge adjustment to go back to just the two of us but we do have two GSD's and an Aussie cattle dog. Facetime helps but it's just not the same but better than nothing.

Singleton

Reaction score
Bad planning. Daughter is with grandma and papa for 3 weeks and I am at the airport flying to a customer. With the college kid at home, wife and I are heading to Havasu for a a week for some alone time.

Nordie

Reaction score
My 10yo daughter is off to grandma and papa’s for 3 weeks starting today. Usually she is gone for 5-6 weeks, but her volleyball and waterpolo schedule limited her time away this summer.

Now, if our college kid would move the F out (at least he is working finally).
Atleast your college aged kid is going to classes and has a job!!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Atleast your college aged kid is going to classes and has a job!!!

College kid told us he is taking a year off from school. So no classes allowed on his LOA. But he has a job and if he does not return to school in Jan 2023, he starts paying rent at my house.

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, they're home. They got back about 2:30 and they just wanted a nice shower at home. We are just about done with dinner and they can't hardly stay awake.

They had a blast and are already looking forward to next year.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Well, they're home. They got back about 2:30 and they just wanted a nice shower at home. We are just about done with dinner and they can't hardly stay awake.

They had a blast and are already looking forward to next year.
So much for anymore loud crazy sex. 😀
I went to summer camp. Always got poison ivy😀
All you had to do was say poison ivy and I got it.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Wait until they’re gone forever.
Our only child was 27 when he finally flew the coop 2012.
Sure doesn’t seem that long ago. 😢

Baja 252

Reaction score
We've been empty nesters 3 times, but the kids keep coming back. It's hard these days for kids to to pay rent and save for a home. We tried to tell them after college to stay home a couple years to save some $$, but they want to be out on their own.