WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

eNascar Race on FS1

Nordie

Reaction score
Did anyone else watch it? It was pretty entertaining, not the real thing, but having a bunch of drivers together racing with the regular hosts of Nascar on FOX.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Yep a hamlin took at the leader to win just like real racing

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I thought they did a great job with this, wouldn't be surprised to see it weekly until racing resumes.

Nordie

Reaction score
I thought they did a great job with this, wouldn't be surprised to see it weekly until racing resumes.

Kind of hope they do it weekly, made everyone kind of forget for a minute. Plus Clint Bowyer is golden lol

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I loved it. The last 5 laps and the finish were great. I really hope they do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Gonna check this out.. bummed I missed it.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Damn, I missed that! I hope they do it again!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I DVR'd it and missed the last 20 laps, how the hell does that happen on a prerecorded event.:rolleyes::mad:

Nordie

Reaction score
Listening to Golic and Wingo this morning they interviewed Denny Hamlin. Everyone loved it, and he did state that they are going to keep this going.

Nordie

Reaction score
You're probably right, but FS-1 didn't give me an option for an extension, so I never gave it a thought.:rolleyes:

I hear it's a go next week, maybe extend the DVR time a little. There will probably be several reruns this week if you didn't catch the finish yet.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Next week they should put it on Fox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nowski

Reaction score
I turned it on and just listened to the commentary at first, it sounded like a real race or just another replay. I finally took a glance at the TV and said virtual racing, lol. However it was just like the real deal with accidents as usual and those pit stops with the invisible pit crew, priceless...

bonesfab

Reaction score
I guess I should start considering renting out my simulator. Three 55 inch screens
F7A989C6-5F3D-4463-A09A-7F355E453AB7.jpeg

And full articulations.

intense

Reaction score
Thats badd ass what's something like that cost?

bonesfab

Reaction score
Thats badd ass what's something like that cost?
The latest greatest version is around 60k. I got this one off a customer and am semi trying to sell it. If I do the guy who makes them will give another one on consignment. I put customers in to kill time. Its a great conversation piece.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
The latest greatest version is around 60k. I got this one off a customer and am semi trying to sell it. If I do the guy who makes them will give another one on consignment. I put customers in to kill time. Its a great conversation piece.

Mine isn't that sophisticated yet, I am about to make the leap to computer based rather than PS4 based so I can go to triple monitors, this is about when it starts getting really expensive.

For everyone else, figure most of guys have about 7k into theirs, Denny is an enthusiast and has 60k or so in his he said. I think he is on a motion rig though. Start googling around, its a fascinating hobby. I have the top of the line hobby stuff, so about a grand into wheel, pedals, shifter, and a half chassis. It exponentially goes up to have actual hydraulics on your brake and clutch, multi screen displays, motion rig, etc, etc.

intense

Reaction score
Mine isn't that sophisticated yet, I am about to make the leap to computer based rather than PS4 based so I can go to triple monitors, this is about when it starts getting really expensive.

For everyone else, figure most of guys have about 7k into theirs, Denny is an enthusiast and has 60k or so in his he said. I think he is on a motion rig though. Start googling around, its a fascinating hobby. I have the top of the line hobby stuff, so about a grand into wheel, pedals, shifter, and a half chassis. It exponentially goes up to have actual hydraulics on your brake and clutch, multi screen displays, motion rig, etc, etc.

How cheap could this be done w/o any of the fancy stuff?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
How cheap could this be done w/o any of the fancy stuff?

If you already have a tv and a PlayStation or Xbox. Wheel and pedals is between 300 and 400, a wheel stand around 200 or so. I would check craigslist for someone dumping a setup and get pennies on the dollar. Wheel stand/chassis are expensive. Shifters are cool but highly unnecessary, you will be paddle shifting pretty much everything these days. That will be enough to get you started and see if you play enough to start building out a full deal. Triple monitors and a hardcore pc really are the next step up I haven’t justified yet.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My dad and I watched it on Sunday. It was great! My uncle is a die hard Nascar guy so I asked his input. He said he didnt really care for it cause he didnt get the pit road reporting. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sandlord

Reaction score
After his poor performance, Kyle Busch tweeted that he was blaming the guy that set up his simulator.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Guys this is something I have been thinking about for awhile, and watching this erace thing last weekend has me thinking again.
I know less than nothing about this stuff.
I am going to watch craigslist up here for a used setup, was thinking of building a "cockpit" out of a stock rzr seat. Have a welder and tubing is easy to get...but when it comes to the elctronic stuff...yeah...less than nothing. I have a lot to learn and may come here with some questions...or pm some of you guys who know this stuff.
So be forewarned.
I am starting from zero, we don't have any gaming console in the house. Would it be better to buy one of those or get a PC tower designed and dedicated for gaming? If I want to use a over the counter game to get the feel of this stuff would it all work with a PC or playstation of does this gear only work with the over the internet games?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Guys this is something I have been thinking about for awhile, and watching this erace thing last weekend has me thinking again.
I am going to watch craigslist up here for a used setup, was thinking of building a "cockpit" out of a stock rzr seat. Have a welder and tubing is easy to get...but when it comes to the elctronic stuff...yeah...less than nothing. I have a lot to learn and may come here with some questions...or pm some of you guys who know this stuff.
So be forewarned.
I am starting from zero, we don't have any gaming console in the house. Would it be better to buy one of those or get a PC tower designed and dedicated for gaming? If I want to use a over the counter game to get the feel of this stuff would it all work with a PC or playstation of does this gear only work with the over the internet games?
The pc would be better for this.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
So be forewarned.

Hey FBT,
Buying a used PS4 would be my suggestion to get going, spend $100 instead of a couple grand. The good thing about the PS4, is the peripherals such as wheel, pedals, shifter, will work on PC if you ever go that route, the xbox compatible ones won't. How is that for irony for the Microsoft developed console. I have strong recommendations on which one to get if you build out your own chair and chassis so to speak.

This is what I recommend getting: https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T300RS-Racing-Wheel-playstation-4/dp/B015KJ0SES

I got mine for like 300 bucks or so, new, but its the kind of thing all over amazon and ebay, just watch for a couple of weeks. The Thrustmaster TH8 would be the shifter that integrates, but not really that important to get to start with. Project Cars 2 and Gran Turismo would be the two games to get going as well.

gqchris

Reaction score
My opinion guys, I had one that was built great. Used a PS4. Still had over 1000$ in it. I got rid of it a few months later, like everything else I never had time to use and it took up half my garage. Was fun for a few days but if youre like me and own your own business, I could never break away and devote hours to it.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
After his poor performance, Kyle Busch tweeted that he was blaming the guy that set up his simulator.
He's always going to blame somebody. 😁 Actually he's growing me.;)

Seriously though, I didn't feel like the nuance of side drafting seemed very accurate and a few other things mostly related to the proximity of the cars to each other, but I still somewhat enjoyed it.

Sandlord

Reaction score
another series:
A new Legends Trophy on The Race All-Star Esports Battle package will pit drivers including Emerson Fittipaldi, Dario Franchitti, Johnny Herbert and Helio Castroneves against each other in simracing.
The Legends Trophy is for drivers aged 40 and over, using identical cars.
It will run as a prelude to this Saturday’s third round of the All-Star Esports Battle.
The format will be simple, with qualifying deciding the starting order for the Esports race conducted on the rFactor 2 racing platform.
IndyCar champions, Le Mans 24 Hours winners and grand prix racers fill the list, with two-time Formula 1 world champion Fittipaldi and three-time Indianapolis 500 winners Castroneves and Franchitti among the first to join the event.

The next instalment takes place at 4pm UK time on Saturday March 28. Both the Legends Trophy and the All-Star Battle will be streamed live on The Race’s YouTube channel.

Confirmed drivers for this week again include ex-F1 racers Montoya, Nelson Piquet Jr, Marcus Ericsson and Esteban Gutiérrez; Formula E stars Antonio Felix da Costa, Neel Jani, Nyck de Vries, Stoffel Vandoorne and Maximilian Gunther; IndyCar racers Rosenqvist, Alexander Rossi, James Davison and Colton Herta; DTM stars Philipp Eng, Juncadella and Bruno Spengler plus sportscar drivers Tom Dillmann, Charlie Eastwood, Jonny Adam and Nicki Thiim.

Nordie

Reaction score
Dale JR and Denny reflecting on last Sunday.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Listened to the download last night, Hamlin put a lot of effort into prepping for this and promoting it, he is huge into sim racing.
I wanna do this, need to drag the rzr seat out and find some tubing. I am still torn between PS system or PC. PS is certainly cheaper.
I have a space in the shop that will work for it if I organize my stuff a little better...

Nordie

Reaction score
Listened to the download last night, Hamlin put a lot of effort into prepping for this and promoting it, he is huge into sim racing.
I wanna do this, need to drag the rzr seat out and find some tubing. I am still torn between PS system or PC. PS is certainly cheaper.
I have a space in the shop that will work for it if I organize my stuff a little better...

If anyone can build I believe you could. Maybe grab one of those logitech systems and build a dash around it and the pedals. I would say go with the XBOX or PS, if you really start to enjoy it maybe upgrade to a gaming computer and pass the gaming console to a grand kid.

As I was watching the eRace It had my wheels turning too like I need this. Shoot when I was just a kid, I used to play Burnout Drag Racing online against people, probably around 98/99. It was a lot of fun, wonder if they have a sim for drag racing now?

Sandlord

Reaction score

I stumbled on some links from "The Race" forum posted in post #32 of this thread. The pros were discussing best sim equipment. Peddles, steering, etc. Might be worth a look.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
they ran an Irace sprint car race last night that from virtual Volusia Speedway Park. So this is becoming a thing while racing is on hold.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
And again to re-state for those thinking about it, Thrustmaster components are compatible with both PC and Computer, logitech and xbox stuff is only good on xbox. The main advantage PC gives is a 3 monitor rap around display and iracing. I advise seeing how much you enjoy it all before making the big investments. Start with ps4 and thrustmaster equipment, and then re-use if you end up going full blown in the PC world.

There are excellent forums out there to learn from, the project cars forum is great, and for simracing in general, either the reddit group, or isrtv.com

riverroyal

Reaction score
I guess you need to be gamer...
I thought it laughable. I lasted 5 minutes

flyingcolors

Reaction score
pretty cool to watch,not as good as the real thing but it is little fix to get thru drought,the technology to do this is amazing!

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I watched it too. Also watched the Indy cars at Watkins Glen yesterday. Pretty good. I like the one hour ish format. Clint Boyer is always a hoot!

intense

Reaction score
Anyone watch the dirt races last night
looks like a good time

Nordie

Reaction score
Anyone watch the dirt races last night
looks like a good time

I did that was pretty cool, they even had some NHRA guys in the mix like Ron Capps and I believe Cruz Pedregon.

I watched it too. Also watched the Indy cars at Watkins Glen yesterday. Pretty good. I like the one hour ish format. Clint Boyer is always a hoot!

Clint Bowyer is always good for some laughs. I didn't know they had an Indy race otherwise I would have watched that as well.

intense

Reaction score
I may have to buy a wheel and pedal setup and try this racing out

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Clint Bowyer is always good for some laughs. I didn't know they had an Indy race otherwise I would have watched that as well.
[/QUOTE]

Saturday at 11:30 on NBCSN, Barber Motorsports Park.

Nordie

Reaction score
Starting now on FS1, Bristol should be good, but they're doing a different format. So we shall see, but Bristol is one of my favorite tracks in real life.

termiteguy

Reaction score
I'm watching it for the first time its pretty good and yes boyer is dam funny

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Is the only sound the commentators? There’s no car sounds on the broadcast. How many actual drivers are driving this weekend? Pretty cool all things considered.

Nordie

Reaction score
Talladega today, Jeff Gordon is also racing today. Should be fun, wonder if there will be a sim big one.