WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Enclosed “conversion”

oldschool

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at some of the threads that have touched on adding beds and or couches to enclosed trailers, has anyone added a toilet/sink-shower with holding tanks? I’d like to set one up to haul a flat bottom on a dolly trailer and add a drop down bed(like in TH’ers) and toilet. Possibly a sink and shower. Weight and length are a concern, would like to stay in the 22’-24’ range and gross weight(empty) under 5,000 lbs.
Anyone done something like this?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Probably have to go aluminum to come in light enough.

I had a 24' Carson racer with the 8 lug 5200lb axles. Was 4,400 lbs with 2 spares and a tongue mount fuel cell.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Don't those sit pretty low? Not sure you'd have the room underneath. No actual knowledge here, just talkin' out my ass.

oldschool

Reaction score
Probably have to go aluminum to come in light enough.

I had a 24' Carson racer with the 8 lug 5200lb axles. Was 4,400 lbs with 2 spares and a tongue mount fuel cell.
I really like the Racer trailer, but it might be too heavy, all in. Do you know who builds an aluminum trailer?

oldschool

Reaction score
Don't those sit pretty low? Not sure you'd have the room underneath. No actual knowledge here, just talkin' out my ass.
That’s a concern, but I was also thinking about location. Likely need some slope from the toilet to the tank.

NicPaus

Reaction score
ATC makes nice trailers. I would just order it with everything you want but like mentioned going to be $$$.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
That’s a concern, but I was also thinking about location. Likely need some slope from the toilet to the tank.

Mount the tanks above the trailer floor and frame up a false floor above for sink and toilet. Drains could go through the actual trailer floor for draining. Just a thought.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Mount the tanks above the trailer floor and frame up a false floor above for sink and toilet. Drains could go through the actual trailer floor for draining. Just a thought.
That's what I was thinking.

oldschool

Reaction score
ATC makes nice trailers. I would just order it with everything you want but like mentioned going to be $$$.
I was checking out the ATC’s on Racing Junk and they are spendy for sure, 100k.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You tube has some good dyi builds. I’m looking at getting a 6x12 and putting sleeping setup and cook top for hunting trips.

Singleton

Reaction score
You tube has some good dyi builds. I’m looking at getting a 6x12 and putting sleeping setup and cook top for hunting trips.

cook top = use an induction burner (electric) that runs off a little Honda genny.
We have no stove in our build. Everything is cooked via grill, flattop or induction burner.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Some people camped next to us and GLAMIS about 10 years ago that did a conversion. It exploded, one was killed in the other was burned over 70% of their body, but will leave that for another thread.

oldschool

Reaction score
Some people camped next to us and GLAMIS about 10 years ago that did a conversion. It exploded, one was killed in the other was burned over 70% of their body, but will leave that for another thread.
Conversion to a meth lab?
My thought is something very spartan. Only real needs would be bed, toilet and AC. This would be used when we camp at a spot that has full hook ups, but all cooking would be done outside. Maybe a countertop microwave, maybe.

Singleton

Reaction score
Conversion to a meth lab?
My thought is something very spartan. Only real needs would be bed, toilet and AC. This would be used when we camp at a spot that has full hook ups, but all cooking would be done outside. Maybe a countertop microwave, maybe.
Designed by an RDP member. I am owner #2
mini kitchen, bath has shower and toilet. Queen size bed and twin buck above Queen in front. Queen bunk beds in rear of trailer. Box is 30’, total length 35.

Attachments

• C47B16CE-2E2A-4D99-ACCF-719EC825CDAB.jpeg
    C47B16CE-2E2A-4D99-ACCF-719EC825CDAB.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 55

oldschool

Reaction score
Designed by an RDP member. I am owner #2
mini kitchen, bath has shower and toilet. Queen size bed and twin buck above Queen in front. Queen bunk beds in rear of trailer. Box is 30’, total length 35.
That is bad ass. How much does it weigh?

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ve wanted to build something similar. Put our vector on a dolly trailer. Make it a camp ground trailer that would keep us comfortable. Bathroom and kitchen would be cool but not necessary. Heat + air, fridge and comfortable sleeping space.

We could cook at the campground.

I imagine wife and I being able to road trip to NorCal lakes with one rig. Enjoy a week and not have to worry about long hauling the boat exposed.

oldschool

Reaction score
I’ve wanted to build something similar. Put our vector on a dolly trailer. Make it a camp ground trailer that would keep us comfortable. Bathroom and kitchen would be cool but not necessary. Heat + air, fridge and comfortable sleeping space.

We could cook at the campground.

I imagine wife and I being able to road trip to NorCal lakes with one rig. Enjoy a week and not have to worry about long hauling the boat exposed.
I’m also looking at eliminating a tow vehicle and have something better than a tent for sleeping.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
cook top = use an induction burner (electric) that runs off a little Honda genny.
We have no stove in our build. Everything is cooked via grill, flattop or induction burner.
When you are out hunting your supposed to be quiet lol.

But yes I will have my little generator. But cook too will likely be gas because I will be using a gas heater anyway.

But hey I don’t have a truck or trailer so that project is down the line lol.

outboard_256

Reaction score

badgas

Reaction score
A google search will show you all sorts of builds. I know Pinterest has all sorts of ideas for enclosed trailer conversions.

The tiny house and DIY van life builds will provide endless Ideas.

I have 20" that i'm thinking converting. Adding some fold up beds, a small cabinet with a sink. I have have seen some basic sinks with 5 gal fresh and 5 grey under the sink with a basic hand pump. also a small cabinet to house a portable composting toilet.

Last edited: