WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Enclosed trailer upgrades.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So I’m on the hunt for a shore power adapter.

This should work. But the threads on the outside have me second guessing if it needs the fancy RV cord that screws on? It should work with a standard twist lock right?

View attachment 1152542
amazon has the twist lok to U ground,.. just make sure it's a 30 amp... they also make a 20 amp but it won't work on that ... it's too small..

CLdrinker

Reaction score
like I said,... first thing I would do... but to be truthfull... I would never have bought a single axel trailer to begin with...

I had a open trailer built ,... 12' long... I put 2 5200 lb axels with big tires. on it..,.. also... added an axel to my 2 axel schiada trailer...

also built out 2 trailers,... 22' &24' made then triple axels also... my 2 axel 24' I got 3 blow outs on the way from vegas to kanab...180 miles..

Steve you clearly don’t understand why I bought and built this trailer.
It worked absolutely perfect. I wouldn’t change a dam thing about what I have done.

This trailer was built for a mission. And that mission is complete.
373C619D-FD69-4FC7-ABD2-CCBD3A05E48B.png

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Dam looks loaded down Steve better upgrade that axle. 🤦
Whole 750lbs of bikes in there.

E28F61BE-B526-4199-8788-EAC708CA386A.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I think Steve is Mainly talking about the advantage of double axles in a blowout situation, not a weight situation.

He does have a point, but, having good tires and taking of them helps too.

Congratulations on the kill! 👍
You can always upgrade everything but at what point do you stop?

Sometimes enough is enough.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I think Steve is Mainly talking about the advantage of double axles in a blowout situation, not a weight situation.

He does have a point, but, having good tires and taking of them helps too.

Congratulations on the kill! 👍
can't ratchet strap a single axel trailer and keep going... I'm too old to change tires out in the snow...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also, great thread,.... but as all ways,... it's innovation & evolution...

innovation is when you think of something and do it....

evolution is when someone see's what you did and thinks up ways to make it better....

we would not be where we are today with out either....

anyway, thanks for the thread.... great project!!!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I did opposite, I started with a 24', went smaller to a 22' then ended up with a 20' v nose... the 20' is a two axel.... wishit was 3 but needed the trailer that day and it was like a 6 mo. wait to have one built

Your ad here

Reaction score
@2FORCEFULL Come on man, everyone's situation is different. Not all of us are in the same situation as you nor do you set any type of benchmark. Let the guy have his thread showing the progress of his build and let him enjoy it. Stop crapping on what he does and just move on if you have a different idea.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
@2FORCEFULL Come on man, everyone's situation is different. Not all of us are in the same situation as you nor do you set any type of benchmark. Let the guy have his thread showing the progress of his build and let him enjoy it. Stop crapping on what he does and just move on if you have a different idea.
Yeah something like that lol.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
well,... I thoght I had this figured out,... and my advise.... get the biggest trailer , build the biggest garage you can... get one with the heavy duty springs and tires... weigh the trailer when you start.... and when you finish.... but as you can see,... that didn't work for either of us.... I got the biggest I could tow and had to step down twice...... so who knows... I still would for the price up the axels and use the one I pulled off to make a bad ass dirt bike trailer that can lean against the wall.... not try'n to crap on his build,... just stating what I would do.... people do that to every thread I post.... some times it's just good advise...... like I said evolution... I'm old school,... every kid didn't get a trophy when I went to school... girls used the girls restroom and boys , the boys...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
so let me guess... you're selling to get a bigger trailer with heaver axels????.....nice
No it’s do I can try to cash out my sweat equity and build a bigger one. It’s called flipping I’m sure you have heard of it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
No it’s do I can try to cash out my sweat equity and build a bigger one. It’s called flipping I’m sure you have heard of it.
well, GLWTS....you did a nice job with the build... lots of good ideas.... what I can't figure out on my builds is why I didn't insulate the walls like you did,... and turnning the windows instead of cutting through framing like I did... don't know how we went side ways,... but thats the new way with internet.... I just tryed to help out with a suggestion that if you swapped axels you could go to a 5200 gvw, that gives you 1700 more lbs of gcw.... anyway,... I can only say sorry it got taken the wrong way... you did a great job,.. and did it how YOU wanted.... that says a lot to me... I'll buy you a beer ...or 3 someday.... have a great life...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
well, GLWTS....you did a nice job with the build... lots of good ideas.... what I can't figure out on my builds is why I didn't insulate the walls like you did,... and turnning the windows instead of cutting through framing like I did... don't know how we went side ways,... but thats the new way with internet.... I just tryed to help out with a suggestion that if you swapped axels you could go to a 5200 gvw, that gives you 1700 more lbs of gcw.... anyway,... I can only say sorry it got taken the wrong way... you did a great job,.. and did it how YOU wanted.... that says a lot to me... I'll buy you a beer ...or 3 someday.... have a great life...

No worries I will still sleep at night.

Before building this trailer I was going to buy a canvas tent to stay in. So I blew that 1500-2000 tent budget all to shit lol.

I wanted bigger windows. But I don’t have a welder nor know how to weld so I went with what fit.

I doubt it will sell as it’s allot of money for a trailer this size. It would only make sense for someone with a particular use case.

If it don’t sell it will get a few more upgrades before next hunting season.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Before building this trailer I was going to buy a canvas tent to stay in. So I blew that 1500-2000 tent budget all to shit lol.

I wanted bigger windows. But I don’t have a welder nor know how to weld so I went with what fit.

I doubt it will sell as it’s allot of money for a trailer this size. It would only make sense for someone with a particular use case.

I wish I would have done my windows like you did.... I just wanted the day light and up high enough for people walking by to not see in......

but again, not try'n to piss you off.... but what do you think of this deal????

00S0S_ldyNPaObMhWz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Ladsm

Reaction score

Next trailer save all your welding projects up and bring it up here to the river and I will weld it all up for you including the axle flip.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I wish I would have done my windows like you did.... I just wanted the day light and up high enough for people walking by to not see in......

but again, not try'n to piss you off.... but what do you think of this deal????

00S0S_ldyNPaObMhWz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Smoking deal if no water damage and everything stays working for a bit.

My cousin is looking for a exactly that.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Need something bigger for this years hunting trip. So this is for sale again.

Last edited: