WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

End in sight??

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
For construction?
Yes cov19 crap but I’m in Milpitas and we are ( will be ) open remob all my subs and equipment is going to be the hard part I’m sure everyone is going to want them ASAP

Reactions: DWC

Andy B.

Reaction score
Interestingly when asked how he was going to enforce the continued closures when some bars and restaurants were stating on Facebook that they were going to open, he calmly stated their liquor license is at risk.

Sounds like he isn’t screwing around.

Do you think he might be saying that just to appease the liberals and not enforce ? I'm serious not trying to be a smartass what do you think?

just_floatin

Reaction score
Below is the top 20 list of cities where unemployment has rapidly risen due to the shutdown. No surprise that Nevada and California made the list. The sad part is when everything is said and done, we will all know somebody impacted by unemployment or worse lost a business versus knowing someone that actually died of the virus. In the USA as of today 1M people contracted the virus, 61K (round up) have died and 30M have filed for unemployment since the lockdown. Let that resonate for a minute.
8FADD55C-5807-436A-93AF-3F9699768C7E.jpeg

Last edited:

shunter2005

Reaction score
I live In Houston Texas, a friend of mine is actually running the response for the entire county. I've talked to him a few times over the course of this(not to much as he's going 90 hours a week strong for almost 2 months now) and per him this is the most overblown media driven fear mongering move in history. I've asked him what are the long run implications of this and he said at this time next year getting Covid 19 will be similar to getting the flu or strep.

As far as how our local officials are doing, last week the county judge issued an order mandating wearing a mask or receive a 1000 dollar fine. Right after that the chief of police came held a press conference saying serious crimes were up across the board and his policeman had better things to do then cite maskless people. The neighboring counties said it was unconstitutional and then the governor over rode the order, so on Monday the county judge repealed the order.

To RD's point, it always comes down to someone getting paid telling/mandating someone else not to get paid.
The county judge, who was swept into office in 2018 and doesn't know shit from Crisco also spent at least $16 MILLION of the taxpayers monies to build a makeshift tent hospital in a parking lot. Said we just had to have it. It was built almost over night. That fiasco did not treat one patient. Not one. They are tearing it down now.

530RL

Reaction score
Do you think he might be saying that just to appease the liberals and not enforce ? I'm serious not trying to be a smartass what do you think?

My personal experience with him is that he doesn’t say things or make idle threats that he doesn’t mean and he is very smart and calculated before he speaks. He does not speak off the cuff like some politicians.

Under Arizona law the liquor board, appointed by the governor has massive subjective power. So when he said it, he knew he could enforce it if he wanted.

He also wants to run for President.

So who the hell knows if it was a warning shot across the bow or something he would use?

farmo83

Reaction score
The county judge, who was swept into office in 2018 and doesn't know shit from Crisco also spent at least $16 MILLION of the taxpayers monies to build a makeshift tent hospital in a parking lot. Said we just had to have it. It was built almost over night. That fiasco did not treat one patient. Not one. They are tearing it down now.

Yeah I loved her response that it was fine to build as Uncle Sam was going to reimburse the county for the hospital. I don't know if she's aware of this but that still means WE taxpayers are still paying for it.

petie6464

Reaction score
Below is the top 20 list of cities where unemployment has rapidly risen due to the shutdown. No surprise that Nevada and California made the list. The sad part is when everything is said and done, we will all know somebody impacted by unemployment or worst lost a business versus knowing someone that actually died of the virus. In the USA as of today 1M people contracted the virus, 61K (round up) have died and 30M have filed for unemployment since the lockdown. Let that resonate for a minute. View attachment 871765

When this is "All over" The real impact will begin. Some rough roads ahead with an estimated unemployment to reach 16% (Great Depression 23%)

jet496

Reaction score
I wonder what ever happened to the hospital tents they built in Central Park? I haven't seen or heard anything on those. Looked like something from the Civil War, expecting thousands of patience.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I wonder what ever happened to the hospital tents they built in Central Park? I haven't seen or heard anything on those. Looked like something from the Civil War, expecting thousands of patience.

They are empty. There are vids on the net of people filming, and the cops running them off. 😡

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It continues on with those large ships Trump sent not having any patients.. Even if we were all dying of covid you couldn’t get on one of them if you tried..

D19

Reaction score
If everyone who owned a "non-essential business" stopped being a pussy and just reopened, there would be nothing the government could do. People just need to stand up for their rights and stop seeking approval from the all might government or their neighbors.

DWC

Reaction score
Havasu will he busy again this weekend is how that works out
No shit. Last week probably had some DS hangover driving the crowd. This week will be California shutdown. Wonder if the AZ governor gives in when Newsome calls to have him shut down..

DC-88

Reaction score
If everyone who owned a "non-essential business" stopped being a pussy and just reopened, there would be nothing the government could do. People just need to stand up for their rights and stop seeking approval from the all might government or their neighbors.
We have 3 little coffee shops in our town. Two immediately closed up when this hit, and posted some lame P.C. signs in the window. The other is the least popular, and has the highest rent/ worst triple net type lease of the 3. The guy stayed open and at first got flamed on social media so badly that one former customer (who is not someone the owner would do well in a physical confrontation with) called the County on the owner after going off on him in public on the sidewalk in front of customers. I made a point of going in there early on my way to work 4-5 times a week to support him, and fast forward to today the place has been cranking. The owner said even without tables, his income has tripled from any previous 30 day high.

D19

Reaction score
We have 3 little coffee shops in our town. Two immediately closed up when this hit, and posted some lame P.C. signs in the window. The other is the least popular, and has the highest rent/ worst triple net type lease of the 3. The guy stayed open and at first got flamed on social media so badly that one former customer (who is not someone the owner would do well in a physical confrontation with) called the County on the owner after going off on him in public on the sidewalk in front of customers. I made a point of going in there early on my way to work 4-5 times a week to support him, and fast forward to today the place has been cranking. The owner said even without tables, his income has tripled from any previous 30 day high.

Awesome. I was not labeled essential the first week but I kept working anyways. F the government.

I firmly believe the first step in taking away their abusive power is to stop obeying them. If millions did that and stopped paying taxes, our government would begin to crumble. We out number them. LOL

I get a huge kick out of all the proud flag waving Americans that have been bravely saying "try taking my guns" or "don't tread on me" for decades who now just hand over their business and livelihood because their government told them too.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Awesome. I was not labeled essential the first week but I kept working anyways. F the government.

I firmly believe the first step in taking away their abusive power is to stop obeying them. If millions did that and stopped paying taxes, our government would begin to crumble. We out number them. LOL

I get a huge kick out of all the proud flag waving Americans that have been bravely saying "try taking my guns" or "don't tread on me" for decades who now just hand over their business and livelihood because their government told them too.

Spot on and great post [emoji106]

DWC

Reaction score

X2 great post.
I wonder what kind of protests there would be if the social media cartel wasn’t censoring. If anything comes out of this i hope it’s a review of media standards/ethics and how illegal this is.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
X2 great post.
I wonder what kind of protests there would be if the social media cartel wasn’t censoring. If anything comes out of this i hope it’s a review of media standards/ethics and how illegal this is.

No way. They are all going to pat each other on the back on how effective they were in "flattening the economy" I mean "flattening the curve".

DWC

Reaction score
No way. They are all going to pat each other on the back on how effective they were in "flattening the economy" I mean "flattening the curve".
Except 2 of the 3 FCC commissioners are Republicans. We’ll see if they can make the right decisions for the future.
The California state wire shutdown could be the best thing that happens. If there’s enough pushback it’ll give Trump reason to go over the top. Newsome overrode local government setting the precedent.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score

There is a salon owner in the Dallas area that is doing just that. She has been reported several times, been cited and a cease and desist order from a judge. Had the cops show up at her place, etc. She's said she's prepared to go to jail if need be, and has back up employees to take over on the spot if they haul her off. I haven't followed up to see any new developments today

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So in a scenario where the county board of supervisors voted to open, and newsome specifically targets Oc.. now the mayors are saying fuck em..

who wins that power struggle?

DWC

Reaction score
So in a scenario where the county board of supervisors voted to open, and newsome specifically targets Oc.. now the mayors are saying fuck em..

It appears Newsome in the case of OC. Newsome thinks he’s playing checkers though.

hallett21

Reaction score

He’d have to enact marshal law at that point no?

Local Leo’s would be going off of city rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It appears Newsome in the case of OC. Newsome thinks he’s playing checkers though.

I think this is all unfolding right now and no victors have been declared yet

DWC

Reaction score
I think this is all unfolding right now and no victors have been declared yet
Nice, OC is calling Newsome out. Called on him to do the right thing. Questioned if what he’s doing is constitutional and if he understood that OC voted to keep everything open 5-0.
AD5B9F8B-B88C-4D9E-AA64-2FAECF6D253B.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice, OC is calling Newsome out. Called on him to do the right thing. Questioned if what he’s doing is constitutional and if he understood that OC voted to keep everything open 5-0.
View attachment 872028

I can’t watch the Oc news butI believe he is targeting OC because of that vote.

DWC

Reaction score
I can’t watch the Oc news butI believe he is targeting OC because of that vote.
No doubt. The sheriff came on to answer a question on whether he was going to enforce it. He basically said he was there to protect and serve, ultimately to preserve the constitution. OC isn’t screwing around. They went on to say the prohibited businesses. Gyms, etc would remain close. Those businesses not on that list, that are in the grey area would not be enforced. Holy shit this is getting good.