WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ending my Lockdown on Friday.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Our governer gave his lock down order on 03/20. It was for two weeks initially to "flatten" the curve and give the hospitals enough time to prepare for the inevitable influx of patients.

I topped off our stock of food and we settled in.

Two weeks passed and, low, the order was extended to the end of April. Ok.

I've had little contact with anyone outside my house. My kids have had zero contact with anyone besides my wife and I in over a month. Since 03/13 my wife has been off of our property 1 time. I have gone to the store about three times since the first of the month.

Everyone in our social circle has observed the same behaviours. No one is sick.

In a county of 500k people, we have just shy of 600 confirmed cases and about 20 deaths. One of our friends is a nurse at the local hospital, she reports it is basically business as usual save for no one is "visiting". Almost all of the deaths are from nursing homes.

So, I am going back to my normal life come Friday. We accomplished the goal. Pritzker can kiss my ass.

Somewhere this went from "give is time so we can prepare to fight this" to "stay the fuck inside or you will die". Nope. I'm an adult, I can weigh the facts and make my own decisions. I'm willing to risk a 1:1000 chance of getting this and 1:25000 chance of dieing from it.

If those odds scare someone else, they can stay home.

I'm getting back to my life.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Our governer gave his lock down order on 03/20. It was for two weeks initially to "flatten" the curve and give the hospitals enough time to prepare for the inevitable influx of patients.

I topped off our stock of food and we settled in.

Two weeks passed and, low, the order was extended to the end of April. Ok.

I've had little contact with anyone outside my house. My kids have had zero contact with anyone besides my wife and I in over a month. Since 03/13 my wife has been off of our property 1 time. I have gone to the store about three times since the first of the month.

Everyone in our social circle has observed the same behaviours. No one is sick.

In a county of 500k people, we have just shy of 600 confirmed cases and about 20 deaths. One of our friends is a nurse at the local hospital, she reports it is basically business as usual save for no one is "visiting". Almost all of the deaths are from nursing homes.

So, I am going back to my normal life come Friday. We accomplished the goal. Pritzker can kiss my ass.

Somewhere this went from "give is time so we can prepare to fight this" to "stay the fuck inside or you will die". Nope. I'm an adult, I can weigh the facts and make my own decisions. I'm willing to risk a 1:1000 chance of getting this and 1:25000 chance of dieing from it.

If those odds scare someone else, they can stay home.

I'm getting back to my life.

Very well said. You are so right about how "flatten the curve" went to "no end in sight". The fact there are still significant hospitalizations after 4 full weeks of this tells me the virus is everywhere. I think we closed the gate after all the horses had already gotten out. Time to get back to work.

Sandlord

Reaction score
we went to the state park and camped and hiked for the weekend.
Campground was full, lots of people on the trails and in the stream.
Not one single mask to be seen. Strangers talking to each other. Couples holding hands.
Near Tucson.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I love this mindset. We are thinking the same. We are ready to get things back to normal. Until all our local stores open, even with whatever the new restrictions maybe, it may be hard to get things going again.

We ordered some pizza and wings Saturday night... I took in a beer and waited for my order while chatting it up with the folks working. They are over it as well. Two of the 15 or so workers were wearing masks. Lots of customers coming and going... right, wrong or indifferent, people are out and about.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Fresno County has about 1MM people. We’re up to 351 confirmed cases (5,149 tested); 105 recovered, 7 deaths, 73 ever hospitalized. So, we’re on lockdown for 241 people at this point. They can’t increase testing due to lack of supplies. At the current rate of testing we’ll be locked up for years. Nice...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Needed a piece of 1/16” ID brass tubing to make a Control rod splice. Hobby Lobby has it, but they shut down 2 weeks ago.
Had to make one out of a piece of 3/32 tubing with 1/16 thimbles epoxied into the ends to reduce ID.
image.jpg

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Fresno County has about 1MM people. We’re up to 351 confirmed cases (5,149 tested); 105 recovered, 7 deaths, 73 ever hospitalized. So, we’re on lockdown for 241 people at this point. They can’t increase testing due to lack of supplies. At the current rate of testing we’ll be locked up for years. Nice...
That’s what they want.

squeezer

Reaction score
A 5-year-old daughter of first-responder parents died Sunday of complications related to the coronavirus.

Skylar Herbert, who complained to her parents about a headache earlier this month, was the youngest child in Michigan to lose her life to the virus, ABC News reported. She was surrounded by her family and a team of doctors who had been treating her when she died at Beaumont Hospital near Detroit.

The girl’s mother, LaVondria Herbert, has been a police officer for 25 years. Her father, Ebbie Herbert, has been a firefighter for 18. Skylar hoped to follow in her parents’ footsteps by becoming a pediatric dentist.

Her parents told WXYZ that their child developed a rare form of meningitis earlier this month after testing positive for the virus. She was put on a ventilator for two weeks before she died.

“Skylar is out here, and she’s shining her light for us to tell the world this can happen to any family,” her father told the station.

Her mother urged people to practice safety measures to help slow the spread of the virus.

“Practice the social distancing, wear the masks, keep washing your hands,” LaVondria Herbert said to ABC News. “I don’t understand how people don’t know how to sit down and relax. ... This is affecting everybody around the country.”

More than 40,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, and hundreds of thousands have been infected across the country.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A 5-year-old daughter of first-responder parents died Sunday of complications related to the coronavirus.
“Practice the social distancing, wear the masks, keep washing your hands,” LaVondria Herbert said to ABC News. “I don’t understand how people don’t know how to sit down and relax. ... This is affecting everybody around the country.”

More than 40,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, and hundreds of thousands have been infected across the country.

Notice how she said nothing about continuing to barricade yourself inside your home.

While the 5 year old dying is tragic, she got it from her first responder parent it sounds like, which has nothing to do with a stay at home order.

And by the way it looks, millions of people have already been infected, the vast majority with little to no symptoms at all. The real mortality rate is well under one percent, and 85% of the people that die from it have other health complications and are older.

If such a small subset of the population is affected, there is little reason to continue to coerce all people into staying home and ruining other facets of their lives.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
One of the few non-nursing home deaths here was a 14 year-old.

Human tragedy happens everyday, kids die from viral meningitis more often than people think.

I'm not going to start hanging out with thousands of people on the weekends, but I'm also not going to cower in my house waiting for politicians to tell me I can resume my life either. It is that whole "I am a rational adult that can make my own decisions."

if someone doesn't like that, fine. Not loosing any sleep over it.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Who do you think the "They" is in this scenario?
Those that crave power and control. Those that do not use science, but instead trade in fear. Those that quarantine HEALTHY people, not sick people.

Attachments

• 658FFAAC-0D9E-4FC2-9591-C3DF807CF5D1.png
    658FFAAC-0D9E-4FC2-9591-C3DF807CF5D1.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 43

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Who do you think the "They" is in this scenario?
To answer your question bluntly, “they” are the people with the ability to get and administer tests for current and past infection. Given the LA and Santa Clara studies where 50 to 80 times more people were infected, which DIRECTLY affects mortality rates, so much so that it gets almost flu like. That is the “they” since “they” are close to being found out for the over reach and the destruction of millions of people’s lives.

squeezer

Reaction score
To answer your question bluntly, “they” are the people with the ability to get and administer tests for current and past infection. Given the LA and Santa Clara studies where 50 to 80 times more people were infected, which DIRECTLY affects mortality rates, so much so that it gets almost flu like. That is the “they” since “they” are close to being found out for the over reach and the destruction of millions of people’s lives.

OK... Who is that? Who would be the highest in the chain of command when it comes to the who/how/why of testing?

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
OK... Who is that? Who would be the highest in the chain of command when it comes to the who/how/why of testing?
Hahaha, trying to blame it on Trump?

no one wants a federal data base of blood samples, which is most likely how the federal govt would do it.

rather, each city, county or state would and or shouldimplement random testing. They don’t want to do that, so there is The Who/how/why.

We don’t have directional data, much less close to perfect data.

do a google search on h1n1, damn near the first thing you see is 50 million people had it. Clearly, the how why and who of testing can should will be done.

Edit: the why:

“Knowing how many people were actually exposed and developed antibodies will help officials understand how dangerous it truly is, says Michael Mina, MD, PhD, an assistant professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. While millions of people worldwide have been diagnosed with COVID-19, many more have probably had it and were unable to get tested or didn’t even notice the infection.

“It really changes our view of many, many things: First and foremost, how many people have been infected and [how many] remain susceptible to this infection,” he says. “But it also changes our view on the actual biology and pathogenicity of this virus. It will determine and change how we’re looking at this virus.”

Antibody tests will also be essential for getting us out of our houses and back to work, and for easing the fear that has paralyzed the country, says Marc Lipsitch, PhD, also an infectious disease epidemiologist at Harvard.“

The people saying stay at home the loudest and the longest will be held accountable for the over reach if the death rate is near the common flu, which it is certainly looking like it is. As well, if over half the deaths come from NY Metro, and the other big chunk is nursing homes, it’s hard to understand why we over reacted for as long as it is looking like we will. The “they” don’t want to be found out for over playing their hand.

right now, 22 million people have lost their jobs, let that sink in. Trump wanted us back to work a week ago. The liberal mayors and governors all want to stay away longer even though the numbers don’t justify it.

Last edited:

Thunderhead1

Reaction score

CDC is the biggest offender here ... after that the Governors of each state and then down the chain from there.... The White House admin has already said lets get back at it.... If you recall the POTUS said hed like to see it open after Easter...But then the CDC goons all lied and said its way worse... all the sheeeple keep perpetuating this non sense and you have our current situation.

squeezer

Reaction score
CDC is the biggest offender here ... after that the Governors of each state and then down the chain from there.... The White House admin has already said lets get back at it.... If you recall the POTUS said hed like to see it open after Easter...But then the CDC goons all lied and said its way worse... all the sheeeple keep perpetuating this non sense and you have our current situation.

Yore giving Trump CREDIT for saying things should open up before statically significant testing has been done...???

I don't think anybody is that stupid... Take another shot at this please.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Yore giving Trump CREDIT for saying things should open up before statically significant testing has been done...???

I don't think anybody is that stupid... Take another shot at this please.

We can agree to disagree, The information we are processing is presented as facts and then in one report or another throughout a news cycle the talking points change. So you say there is no "Statically significant testing" I say I don't need it... I went to my local hospitals and had my friends do the same From San Diego to Sacramento. None of us could find a line out the door. What we did see were First responders on the ready . Preparations for something that hasn't manifested yet. If there was a hot spot worth shutting the country down over , EVERY news van , Helicopter would be all over it.... Its NOT there.

I hear the same nonsense everyone here has and I took it upon myself to verify some of this before I hit the panic button.... I would urge everyone to do the same.

530RL

Reaction score

He did say Easter at the end of March, and then recommended we stay locked down longer.

The White House admin stated that there are 3 phases for getting back to it and exactly what the gating was for each phase. Objectively, some governors are opening things up more quickly than the administrations own recommendations.

You can read his recommendations here.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
He did say Easter at the end of March, and then recommended we stay locked down longer.

The White House admin stated that there are 3 phases for getting back to it and exactly what the gating was for each phase. Objectively, some governors are opening things up more quickly than the administrations own recommendations.

You can read his recommendations here.

Yes ..that's what I was inferring when I mentioned that POTUS stated Easter and then CDC intervined and the date was extended.

530RL

Reaction score
Yes ..that's what I was inferring when I mentioned that POTUS stated Easter and then CDC intervined and the date was extended.

At the end of the day, the President makes the decision to either accept or reject the CDC's recommendations.

Trump is no shrinking violet, he owns the plan, its phasing and gating.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
At the end of the day, the President makes the decision to either accept or reject the CDC's recommendations.

Trump is no shrinking violet, he owns the plan, its phasing and gating.
Odd, you often say he’s not doing stuff, even though he is, and then you make this statement like he is an absolute monarchy.

You talk states rights, but then say he owns the plan, when it happens and any gating factors.

if only.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Odd, you often say he’s not doing stuff, even though he is, and then you make this statement like he is an absolute monarchy.

You talk states rights, but then say he owns the plan, when it happens and any gating factors.

if only.

His TDS is bad...like really really bad.
If I gave a single shit about the asshole I’d suggest somebody go check on him...but since I don’t, I could care less if he goes completely mad from Trump tapping the inside of his skull.