WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Engine Hatch Help

jbird

Reaction score
The engine hatch lifts a bit lop sided due to the ram being offset and the hatch being heavier on the one side. I have seen side mount power hinges(Dana) but not a set that will mount on the rear. Does anyone make rear mount? There is no room to add another ram or even move the one that is already there any closer to center. Any ideas of a fix to make the hatch lift up even?:headscratch: Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2011-06-26_10-57-06_788.jpg
    2011-06-26_10-57-06_788.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,395

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
with a motor like that id just leave the hatch at home. :thumbsup

id think you could keep the hatch where it is if the mounts were like a solid pivot mount. those spring car-hood like mounts are whats letting it go droop on that one side.

jbird

Reaction score
with a motor like that id just leave the hatch at home. :thumbsup

As much as the hatch weighs, this is tempting.

id think you could keep the hatch where it is if the mounts were like a solid pivot mount. those spring car-hood like mounts are whats letting it go droop on that one side.

Any idea of a manufacture for the solid pivot hinge? Maybe this could be the answer. Thank you for the input!

Hopefully someone will chime in that has found a fix for this issue.

havabru

Reaction score
i also have a magic but i have 2 rams to lift up the hatch. but yours might not have 2 since you have a lager engine. Heres what mine looks like.

engine.jpg

jbird

Reaction score
Thanks for posting up the pic. Unfortunately the header is in the way of being able to mount an additional ram but this sure would be the easy answer otherwise.

spectras only

Reaction score
Adding a smaller gas strut helper on the sagging side with the right pressure rating could solve your problem without exchanging the existing hinges.

RUNNINHOTRACING163.1

Reaction score
solid hinges and a stainless/powder coated brace/bracket where the actuator attaches :thumbsup

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drnkfr

sirbob

Reaction score
So what everybody is saying is you need a solid hinged actuator attachment with a micro helper strut mounted to a flexible ram mount with a secondary unit - all mounted to a 36" t-bar for stability (my idea) that looks like something Dana would build... I think you should add a glass top on your engine hatch so we could see it also.

I just don't know where you would find such a thing;)

Instig8r

Reaction score
I agree with the gas strut comment, do you have room for 1 of those?