WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Engine hoist and stand

Socalx09

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 2 ton engine hoist and possibly a stand in the Corona area. Thought I’d try here before I got to harbor freight for it. Thanks!

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
This ^^^. Mine are in use or I would offer the same. Only buy if necessary. The storage and moving around is a pain if you are limited in space like me.

Good karma your way Jay Breww. 👍🏾

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Looking to buy a 2 ton engine hoist and possibly a stand in the Corona area. Thought I’d try here before I got to harbor freight for it. Thanks!
Harbor Freight cherry picker has worked for many, many years for me, who knows how many engines. I would find a better quality engine stand than the ones that I see them selling, pretty easy to find those on Craigslist I think.

4Waters

Reaction score
Harbor Freight cherry picker has worked for many, many years for me, who knows how many engines. I would find a better quality engine stand than the ones that I see them selling, pretty easy to find those on Craigslist I think.
The biggest problem with Harbor Break engine stands is they are short, I'm not a tall guy and I find myself hunched over when using one.

Socalx09

Reaction score
You can borrow mine for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! I appreciate that. I’ll DM you when I figure out when my dad and boyfriend are going to pull the engine from the sand car to see if it’s still available.

Long story short- my dad is having health issues with his kidneys and not taking care of himself. My boyfriend took his sand car over to my dads that has a overheated engine to work on it with him. Hoping that it motivates him to stay healthy and to have a project going.

Socalx09

Reaction score
The biggest problem with Harbor Break engine stands is they are short, I'm not a tall guy and I find myself hunched over when using one.

Thank you for the heads up on the engine stand from there. I’ll look elsewhere for one. Appreciate the advice.

4Waters

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up on the engine stand from there. I’ll look elsewhere for one. Appreciate the advice.
I wouldn't pay money for a harbor freight stand bit if someone gave you one that would be a different story.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Out of the 10 or 12 stands that I have, the best one was made buy a guy who used to sell them at auto swap meets,, got to figure he has quit by now. $250 and it would safely support an entire big block turbo engine. There are some other decent ones that cost a pretty good amount of money, probably not worth it if you don't plan to build more than one or two.

When I was in So Cal, used to see them on Craigslist, and you can also try FB Marketplace.

JayBreww

Reaction score
It’s available whenever yuh need it. I can bring it to riverside or you can get it in Yucaipa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I appreciate that. I’ll DM you when I figure out when my dad and boyfriend are going to pull the engine from the sand car to see if it’s still available.

Long story short- my dad is having health issues with his kidneys and not taking care of himself. My boyfriend took his sand car over to my dads that has a overheated engine to work on it with him. Hoping that it motivates him to stay healthy and to have a project going.
You know us guys here, we need pics of said sand car!🤣 you're slacking girlie🤣!

Hope the project gets your dad back on track👍

Socalx09

Reaction score
You know us guys here, we need pics of said sand car!🤣 you're slacking girlie🤣!

Hope the project gets your dad back on track👍

haha yeah I totally forgot. Definitely slacking!
It has a 2.2 or 2.4 eco tec in it currently, and will hopefully be getting a 3.5 vtec jdm motor soon.

@SW_GLASS would know more about the specs since it was his sand car previously.

Thank you. Hoping it does put my dad back on track since he’s excited about it. He’s just being stubborn as usual haha.

B8443E67-9490-4BAC-A2D9-7EF11713D1D5.jpeg

6CD9819F-9A0C-4187-9388-50AE4F8C7970.jpeg

E47C63C4-F127-4489-8901-654AC55FC83C.jpeg
A952B53B-E74A-456F-84B0-F980B3E23C4F.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
haha yeah I totally forgot. Definitely slacking!
It has a 2.2 or 2.4 eco tec in it currently, and will hopefully be getting a 3.5 vtec jdm motor soon.

@SW_GLASS would know more about the specs since it was his sand car previously.

Thank you. Hoping it does put my dad back on track since he’s excited about it. He’s just being stubborn as usual haha.

View attachment 991527
View attachment 991524
View attachment 991528 View attachment 991525

I'd turbo what he has, if I remember correctly that ecotec is SBC rod and piston, bullet proof that bottom end pretty easy.

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
I'd turbo what he has, if I remember correctly that ecotec is SBC rod and piston, bullet proof that bottom end pretty easy.
The original plan was to put a turbo on it with low boost for more power but the last time we ran the car the engine started making a terrible sounds coming from the valve train. Unfortunately that ecotec is the first gen 2.2L L61 engine with the wasted spark style ignition and it is very hard to fine junk yard motors or aftermarket parts for it since everyone has gone with the new version with individual coil packs. At this point we figured it would be more work and money to turbo charge any of the ecotec's then to put a honda V6 in it.