WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Engine Plates CAD file

lenmann

Reaction score
Does anyone have a CAD file for the front and rear mounting pattern on a BBC? Surely someone has digitized it by now so plates can be cut on a water jet.

I guess as an alternative, is there a supplier that sells water jet cut plates?

C9B06BE0-75FC-4A6D-9499-D1838B6D99DE_1_105_c.jpeg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
SEMA has the files.

Any of the big racing supply shops sell them in steel and aluminum in different thicknesses. They are pretty cheap to buy.

sintax

Reaction score
yea, i think you'd likely be able to buy them for the same price as you'd pay to have a shop knock them out for you. (unless you have a guy)

lenmann

Reaction score
SEMA has the files.

Any of the big racing supply shops sell them in steel and aluminum in different thicknesses. They are pretty cheap to buy.

It looks like all the car stuff is 1/4" aluminum or 13 ga. steel. Most of the recent v-drive setups I have seen are 1/2" thick aluminum.

The drawings @great_escape posted have everything I need to draw up my own. I am a ways off from staring to rig my RC but definitely starting to collect the long lead items so all this input helps. Thanks guys.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
It looks like all the car stuff is 1/4" aluminum or 13 ga. steel. Most of the recent v-drive setups I have seen are 1/2" thick aluminum.

The drawings @great_escape posted have everything I need to draw up my own. I am a ways off from staring to rig my RC but definitely starting to collect the long lead items so all this input helps. Thanks guys.

They will make you any motor plate that you want.

BamBam

Reaction score
Front (of the motor) plate is typically 1/2" and the mid plate is typically 3/8" both aluminum