WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Engine shop recommendation in Inland Empire/So Cal?????

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable shop for engine work in the Inland Empire? I live in the Menifee/Murrieta area but I am open to traveling anywhere in So Cal. 27 Daytona with 496 HO with cooling issues, more than likely needs a head gasket. I'm not looking for performance work, just for a shop to diagnose and repair the issue. Thanks guys.

Xring01

Reaction score
Arrow Engines in Temecula...
Dave does a great job, but he has a big backlog of work right now...which shows that people are willing to wait for him...

He is about 1 mile from Tem DMV

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Arrow Engines in Temecula...
Dave does a great job, but he has a big backlog of work right now...which shows that people are willing to wait for him...

He is about 1 mile from Tem DMV
Thank you. When you say “big backlog” do you know if that means weeks or months?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
As finicky as the 496 is I’d start with a call to Alexi at BoostPower. Even if you only want to do the head gasket he still knows the motor, as well may be able to diagnose why the head gasket failed.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable shop for engine work in the Inland Empire? I live in the Menifee/Murrieta area but I am open to traveling anywhere in So Cal. 27 Daytona with 496 HO with cooling issues, more than likely needs a head gasket. I'm not looking for performance work, just for a shop to diagnose and repair the issue. Thanks guys.

Engine still in the boat?

GT Performance. Upland. Not all that far from you.

Xring01

Reaction score
Thank you. When you say “big backlog” do you know if that means weeks or months?

I was in there a few months ago... he helps me will all my stupid questions,
Asked him how business was, he just stated he had alot of work on his hands.

boataholic

Reaction score
Have a few options, Temecula Speed and Marine talk with Pete see how busy he is. Or head up the 15 to Norco GS Marine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

adam909

Reaction score

what makes you think head gasket?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Call Mike Podwoski at JP Marine in East County San Diego. He will take care of you 619-933-6540

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
what makes you think head gasket?
Having intermittent overheat issues last season. Heat exchanger gaskets went bad and I didn’t know it, lost all my coolant and went to limp mode. Replaced heat exchanger gaskets and impeller. After doing that ran fine except for coming to idle after mid to high speed runs it would steam and get up around 210. Finally checked the coolant reservoir with one of those gadgets that check for exhaust presence in the coolant and it turned color in a micro second. So I’m guessing a small break in the head gasket.

robby dmax

Reaction score
That was what they told me when i was looking at buying some Raylar parts and a whipple.

gotcha I don’t think a lot of people cared for the raylar 496 stuff as there was a few problem.
i would bet Teague would do head gaskets on a stock 496. Plus you can’t beat the service you get a Teague and he stands behind what he does and you don’t have to worry if there doors are going to be open next week.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Quality Performance Marine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmo83

Reaction score
gotcha I don’t think a lot of people cared for the raylar 496 stuff as there was a few problem.
i would bet Teague would do head gaskets on a stock 496. Plus you can’t beat the service you get a Teague and he stands behind what he does and you don’t have to worry if there doors are going to be open next week.

I agree I'm sure teague will repair any stock mercruiser setup.