WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Enterprise Rental

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Has anyone notice the cost to rent a car lately? We are out in the a rural area, so enterprise is our only option. $87 a day for a compact car.

Anyone have a corporate code or anything? Last year when we rented one from the same place it was $25 a day.

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
It’s crazy. I’m paying 600ish for 4 days. Picking up in San Antonio and dropping off in Dallas.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Two days ago we spent just under $200 for a one way one day from Havasu to Las Vegas. With hotel and other costs we are going to have to look into other ways to get to the airport. Might have to offer a couple hundred to a friend’s kids for half the money. :eek:

f12517

Reaction score

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Has anyone notice the cost to rent a car lately? We are out in the a rural area, so enterprise is our only option. $87 a day for a compact car.

Anyone have a corporate code or anything? Last year when we rented one from the same place it was $25 a day.

Last year they actually had inventory, and a lack of demand. This year they have an inventory shortage, and excessive demand. Doubt you beat that price. I have a couple reservations prepaid that I did like a month ago, trying to do similar ones now is double the price.

Joker

Reaction score
We’ve had a Range Rover through them for almost 3 months at 100 per day. That’s a pretty good deal

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Depending on how long you need it, find a friend in the insurance industry. Their rental rates are amazing.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Rental companies are short on units like everything so welcome to pandemic pricing for rental cars. Heard stories of 800/day in Maui....

Not quite $800 a day but the lowest quote I got before taxes was around $950 for one of those rent a bucket dealios. Nationwide rental chains started at a little over a grand. This is mid-June Fri-Fri. F’ that! I’ll take a shuttle for $80 for my family of four and use Westin’s free shuttle to Whaler’s Village, Safeway, and Lahaina. Bummed I won’t be making a Costco run though.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Rental companies are short on units like everything so welcome to pandemic pricing for rental cars. Heard stories of 800/day in Maui....

Having a tough time getting a car on Maui for Thursday. All of the companies are sold out. Might just have to take the bus. LOL. In all seriousness there were a lot of cars shipped off the island because they were just sitting and not making any money During the scamdemic. I have seen a lot of rental cars with Hawaii plates. Even had one myself on our trip to the mainland.

Reactions: DWC

rickym20

Reaction score
Recently couldn’t get a one way rental from lake havasu to so cal due to low inventory. Ended up renting a small uhaul truck for a fraction of the cost . Worked great since I was solo, not sure it would have worked with the family 😂.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't a passenger vehicle but it is transportation and serves a purpose. I rented a U-Haul 9-foot cargo van for business for seven days. The price was $360 and 750 free miles -- seemed like a really good deal to me.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
This isn't a passenger vehicle but it is transportation and serves a purpose. I rented a U-Haul 9-foot cargo van for business for seven days. The price was $360 and 750 free miles -- seemed like a really good deal to me.

This is what my wife did last night. Rented a van for 4 days. $125.

The funny thing is we went past the enterprise lot yesterday. It was full of cars, so I don't think it is a supply problem here. Maybe it is in other places and they are just charging the same price here.

The main thing is she really doesn't need it. I have to go to Memphis for 3 nights. That leaves her without a car and she said don't worry I don't need one. I want her to have one just in case something happens. U-haul it is and if it just sits in the driveway then fine, at least I will know she can go somewhere if she wants.

Thanks for the reply's.

boatpi

Reaction score
I was in Maui recently and got a Sonata for $36 a day, TURO.

Blubyu

Reaction score
I bought a new Six Days KTM from a dealer in Idaho a few weeks ago. Figured fly up, rent a truck and drive home. Yeah right, zero one way truck rentals.

I’ve done this so many times in the past, just did it last year when we picked a boat up in Texas.

Suppose I am going to have to take a few days off drive there and drive back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Going to Key West in late Sept. Rental car is way more than it should be, but got a deal on Costco for $609 for the 10 day trip. I looked today and I'm lucky I booked that deal as the price has gone up significantly.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Friends were just trying to book a rental in Hawaii. It was something like $200 plus a day. Apparently when Hawaii was shut down due to covid the rental companies sold off their inventory to reduce costs. Now that things have opened up there is a shortage of cars.

Reactions: Rye

77charger

Reaction score
Tried to get a one way from phx to ca no luck one company was 250. Another I can get a week rental compact for about 300. Jyst gonna drive my truck this week. Next week I need to go back probably do a one way u haul van.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Friends were just trying to book a rental in Hawaii. It was something like $200 plus a day. Apparently when Hawaii was shut down due to covid the rental companies sold off their inventory to reduce costs. Now that things have opened up there is a shortage of cars.

They did it nationwide...especially hertz and Avis. They were paying 10's of thousands a day in storage in Hawaii, aloha stadium as well as other places were packed full of rentals that were either sold locally or in large part shipped back to and sold on the mainland. Hell they were even parking them in old pineapple fields.

We're going back in June for a couple weeks for the baby's "late" 1 year party, going to be driving one of my FIL's company trucks around bc rentals are stupid. My mom was on molokai the last week and wound up just borrowing a car from a cousin bc the rentals were beyond stupid.

endobear

Reaction score
Mid March we rented a f450 flatbed. 4x4 for 30 days for a family spring break road trip. Enterprise truck rental. Put almost 3k miles on it.
$1756 for the month.
Not sure how my wife pulled it off.
20210319_110312.jpg

outboard_256

Reaction score
I heard of people renting the home depot pick up trucks ($20 a day) because they couldn't find cheap rental cars. Another option to check.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
In that mess right now for a big island trip in June. We were on the front of the tidal wave. WE are paying $1100 for a 4d jeep for 9 days. Still stupid money. My concern is actually getting a vehicle when we get there. The contract is not legally binding if you read the reservation fine print. This means they don't actually have to have a vehicle for you. They can also play games such as giving the vehicles to the highest payers only and just blow off the others. There are rumors of basically this going on in Hawaii right now.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I heard of people renting the home depot pick up trucks ($20 a day) because they couldn't find cheap rental cars. Another option to check.

Uhaul maybe...still Gotta pay miles. They are doing that in HI right now. HD pickups are $129 per day.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not sure what the future will bring, but 2 weeks ago paid $440 for a Altima in Kona @ Alamo for 7 days, thought it was a little high at the time. They didn't have a real shortage, but couldn't always get what you wanted. We noticed a difference between when we got there and left because spring break was winding down.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Not quite $800 a day but the lowest quote I got before taxes was around $950 for one of those rent a bucket dealios. Nationwide rental chains started at a little over a grand. This is mid-June Fri-Fri. F’ that! I’ll take a shuttle for $80 for my family of four and use Westin’s free shuttle to Whaler’s Village, Safeway, and Lahaina. Bummed I won’t be making a Costco run though.
I use Uber in Maui/ Lahaina area.... they need our support as they ramp back up. Very pleased.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I was going to say, Uber or Lyft might be your best options in lieu of a full on rental.

Baja 252

Reaction score
During the summer of 2020 I think most people chose or were forced to canceled their summer vacation plans and stay home. Now, people are ready and itching to get out and do things or go somewhere. Add to that increased demand, a shortage of employees and the fact that businesses are motivated to make money to recoup what they lost last year and cover the costs of now doing business in the covid era.
IMO you're going to see prices of everything, hotels, rental cars, gas, airfares, restaurants and admission prices to any venue or activity is going to rise dramatically over what they even have thus far.

Mike K

Reaction score
you're not kidding ...I could rent a full size , from OC to Havasu and back for $131 for 4 days ... like 3 years ago ... now its 3 to 4 times that right now.

HavaToon

Reaction score
I can’t help with Enterprise but here are corporate codes for National and Hertz.

Hertz Bayer code 2120486
National Bayer code XZ40019

Hell, here’s hotel codes

Marriott code GDY, GEE, BOA, Bayer - MLM

Hilton Bayer code for name brand N0991581 Hilton Bayer code for non name brand 560014086
Hilton GE code 001398 for name brand
Hilton GE code 72799100 for non name brand

Baja 252

Reaction score
I’m stupid I guess, what’s a Bayer code?

Andy B.

Reaction score
Haven't read all the posts but rent a truck from home depot.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Went by the enterprise again today. Lot is full of cars. Shortage my ass

240Hallett

Reaction score
Bayer as in the corporation, this is their discount code.

Can anyone use those discounts simply by applying the code? No proof of affiliation needed?

HavaToon

Reaction score
Can anyone use those discounts simply by applying the code? No proof of affiliation needed?

Yes, the website will allow it and I have never been asked to prove it at check-in or any other time.

I’ve been using them for 15 years for all my business and personal travel. Only difference is if needed I can prove it if needed.