WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Escalade Owners MUST READ for Corona Owners

jadenchick

Reaction score
Tonight my friends Escalade was stripped while we were getting our nails done at Dos Lagos. They took the seats, airbags, navigation, rear DVD player and even the diaper bag. The cop said 2 Escalades were hit last tonight at The Crossings (Target Shopping Center) Just a heads up...thieves SUCK!!!!:thumbsdown

Last edited:

HPBoats83

Reaction score
That's crazy, those are very popular areas around here. How are they getting away with that shit in such a busy place.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
We get emails from LAPD, Escalades are getting hit at all of our local malls, they say cable lock your back seat and don't leave anything in your car that you want to see when you come back..... Sorry it happened, Thieves Sucks!

jadenchick

Reaction score
PHP:
That's crazy, those are very popular areas around here. How are they getting away with that shit in such a busy place.

I'm not sure...they are fast that's for sure. She was parked in a well lit area and her car was one spot over from mine we think they parked between us and were in and out, she is very very very upset.

jadenchick

Reaction score
We get emails from LAPD, Escalades are getting hit at all of our local malls, they say cable lock your back seat and don't leave anything in your car that you want to see when you come back..... Sorry it happened, Thieves Sucks!

Funny you mention the cable lock, she saw something on the news the other day about doing the cable locks and she shrugged it off. She is definitely going to b doing it now.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Scary part is that they were probably following you and saw that you went into a nail salon so they knew they had enough time to pull it off.

Insurance will cover it but its still a pain in the ass. F Thieves.

boatpi

Reaction score
This is nothing new. Stealing a late model Esclade is very dificult without the key, so these roving crews strip them on the spot. Same for Suburbans. Third row seat thefts are rampant and have been so for years. Parts are sold to second hand dealers, they sell them used to repair shops so you parts are recycled!

MARK your third row seats with the VIN, use a cable lock.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Why third row seats?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That sucks. I too hate thieves and wish we could cut their hands off.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
This is nothing new. Stealing a late model Esclade is very dificult without the key, so these roving crews strip them on the spot. Same for Suburbans. Third row seat thefts are rampant and have been so for years. Parts are sold to second hand dealers, they sell them used to repair shops so you parts are recycled!

MARK your third row seats with the VIN, use a cable lock.

Yup. Tahoe, Yukons, etc. have been targets for their seats and interior panels for years now. Business as usual around my parts:D

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Scary part is that they were probably following you and saw that you went into a nail salon so they knew they had enough time to pull it off.

Probably more along the lines of waiting at the location for a good victim to pull in. Malls or large shopping areas are perfect for that because seeing people walking around cars is nothing out of the ordinary and most people wouldn't even stop to think about seeing people loading and unloading things regardless of what they are.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Is there any truth that theives can enter your car if you use your key fob to lock your car? Some way of replicating the rf signal?:headscratch:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That's was true back in the day.
These days, I'm not sure what GM uses but many carmakers use rolling-code technology that makes it a lot harder to intercept/clone.

Any SUV with a removable third row seat is a target. Easy to steal, expensive and easy to sell.

jadenchick

Reaction score

The shitty part is that her insurance coverage doesn't include a rental car so she has to come out of pocket for it, plus pay the deductible, her insurance said they want to use aftermarket parts not OEM. I told her she needs to fight for the OEM parts. The whole thing just blows. They used gloves so the cops couldn't do fingerprinting and they ripped off the numbers off the nav system and left them on the floor. Everything is long gone which sucks. We were thinking they were following us or just cruising the parking lot. Sucks big time!

rvrmom

Reaction score
Damn that sux!! I know the feeling. Someone came in our backyard a couple weeks ago and stole my 9 year old's bike and helmet :thumbsdown

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Back into spots as well. My wife drives our suburban and backs in everywhere. Backs inches from a tree if possible. Works at a hospital and the 3rd row seat deal has happened to other vehicles. It's something like 4 grand to buy a GM 3rd row seat. So you can go and find your own dang seat for a grand or 1500 bucks.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Back into spots as well. My wife drives our suburban and backs in everywhere. Backs inches from a tree if possible. Works at a hospital and the 3rd row seat deal has happened to other vehicles. It's something like 4 grand to buy a GM 3rd row seat. So you can go and find your own dang seat for a grand or 1500 bucks.

I've got an Escalade #3 seat in a plastic bag out in the garage. It's the 'light parchment leather 2005', and it's just sitting there. Never been used, sure could use the storage space. Sorry you have all those problems, moved out of SoCal when our Suburban started getting "looks in mall lots and at stop lights". I wish you all 'health and safety', the seats and electronics can be replaced, but YOU and your family cannot. Sad you have such bad 'carry laws' in Calif., this would not happen. I fear that California will remove all the guns from the legal citizens, but the crooks and thieves will still have plenty to use against all the innocent people. Maybe all those who leave their cars in lots all day, need to get a 'stun gun' for protection. Better safe than sorry......

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I've got an Escalade #3 seat in a plastic bag out in the garage. It's the 'light parchment leather 2005', and it's just sitting there. Never been used, sure could use the storage space. Sorry you have all those problems, moved out of SoCal when our Suburban started getting "looks in mall lots and at stop lights". I wish you all 'health and safety', the seats and electronics can be replaced, but YOU and your family cannot. Sad you have such bad 'carry laws' in Calif., this would not happen. I fear that California will remove all the guns from the legal citizens, but the crooks and thieves will still have plenty to use against all the innocent people. Maybe all those who leave their cars in lots all day, need to get a 'stun gun' for protection. Better safe than sorry......

CCW is up to the county Sheriff. Let's just say that San Bernardino County and Riverside County are pretty much shall issue. Bunch of stuff does suck here but it's what you make of it. Someday would like to move to a better place but gotta sell two houses in this crap market to do that.

No offense to you or any other Havasuvian though but... If I were trying to get out of California Havasu (nowadays) is not where I would go. On the weekends it's nothing but Californian's with flat bills etc. and during the week it's tweakerville. Some nice people out there for sure but the point is you still have to worry about your stuff getting jacked.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
GM door locks are very simple to break. A thief with a screw driver will punch it out and it bypasses the alarm as it's ill designed. I had my '07 Avalanche broken into and they had my sunglasses and computer in less then 20 seconds. Traded it in last June and the new owner had it 3 days before it was stolen. The internet show how simple this poor lock system works and also show how to combat it.

Replace the driver's door handle with a rear door handle which has no lock or have the lock sealed and painted over. You won't be able to unlock the door manually, but the crook will have to break a window or improvise to get in which may deter or attract attention to get him caught. My friend's Tahoe was broken into several times before he had the locks removed and hasn't had an issue since except when he dropped his keys in water and couldn't open the doors electronically.....

WET-N-WILD LIGHTNING

Reaction score
Wow!!! That sucks!!! I'm really sorry to hear that. A few years ago my fully loaded Avalanche was stolen from the Little Company of Mary Hospital in Torrance while I was inside with my son after his surgery. The police found it a few day later (on mothers day) on the side of the road in downtown LA. My truck was totally stripped, I mean rims, system, all the interior, taillights, bed covers, they even vacuumed the inside after they were done. It was spotless!! There was nothing on the inside, they took the dash, door panels sunroof, carpet, I mean they stripped it. I just about cried when I saw it. It was hands down my favorite vehicle I have ever owed.