WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Event Calendar Musical Chairs

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We all know that Desert Storm made it official last night that the 2020 DS was cancelled, but looking forward to 2021. SEMA 2020 also was an early cancel. The Air Show in Havasu also cancelled its tentative date of November 14-15. And the new MonsoonFest is now holding off and may try again in 2021. The annual Rods & Relics (Run to the Sun) is still on but questionable. Late last week, the Sand Sport Super Show in Costa Mesa sent out emails to exhibitors indicating that their mid-September date at the OC Fairgrounds was tentatively being postponed until November 20-21-22, hoping for a break in California restrictions.

And that brings me to my 9th Anual Sand-Water-RV Expo at Havasu State Park, also scheduled for November 20-21. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet, but going same dates as the Sand Sport Show is not good business. Fortunately, Havasu State Park was able to accommodate the Expo a week earlier so the official dates for the Sand-Water-RV Expo is Friday and Saturday, November 13-14 (it also avoids a conflict with the Baja 1000 race).

I think everybody is tired of cancelling events -- I know I am, cancelling the 2020 Lake Havasu Boat Show in April was no fun. I'm going to thread water for a while and see if Arizona Covid restrictions improve before cancelling the Expo (we actually have a great line-up of exhibitors -- many are brand new). Assuming that we get a break and can proceed with the Expo as now planned, I hope as many of you will come out and support the event as possible.

And for those wondering, the 2021 Lake Havasu Boat Show is on for April 9-10-11, two weeks before Desert Storm.