WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ever seen a Nordic "Blaze?" Super Rare

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They were a "ski race" boat they came out with before they ended up with the Australian based boats like the SR21 and the Crossfire.. I have only ever seen one other one that Pete Mitchell actually campaigned for awhile. This one has a small block in it, but you can see it's 21-22' long with a giant step in it.. Pete used to rant and rave that the Blaze would kick the ever living shit out of everything out there, with less power / better handling etc..

Anyhow... Rare boat and I just approved the classified on it.

fmo24

Reaction score
Pretty sure Mike Avila had one with a turbo motor as well

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They were a "ski race" boat they came out with before they ended up with the Australian based boats like the SR21 and the Crossfire.. I have only ever seen one other one that Pete Mitchell actually campaigned for awhile. This one has a small block in it, but you can see it's 21-22' long with a giant step in it.. Pete used to rant and rave that the Blaze would kick the ever living shit out of everything out there, with less power / better handling etc..

Anyhow... Rare boat and I just approved the classified on it.

Weird, I was following that boat yesterday. It really pops, and I was wondering what it was. The left side tail lights on the trailer are out. :)

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Almost like a new boat. Would make someone a nice river cruiser.
Based on the overpriced used boat market currently, price does not seem that far off.
SBC might be the best ticket for the boat. Low maintenance and run forever.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Almost like a new boat. Would make someone a nice river cruiser.
Based on the overpriced used boat market currently, price does not seem that far off.
SBC might be the best ticket for the boat. Low maintenance and run forever.

I don’t know what one of these would bring on market.. pretty rare boat so hard to say.

on a different ad though I just approved I was literally laughing out loud when I saw the price being that I almost bought the exact same boat for 1/3 the price a few years ago.. Some People are shooting for the moon

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I don’t know what one of these would bring on market.. pretty rare boat so hard to say.

on a different ad though I just approved I was literally laughing out loud when I saw the price being that I almost bought the exact same boat for 1/3 the price a few years ago.. Some People are shooting for the moon

I shot for the moon on a 30 year old boat....and I actually got $14K for an '87 Eliminator Sport that was well used, but well taken care of. I paid $9K for it in 2007, put $5K into it (transom and drive assy's), put a ton of hours on it in 13 years and sold it for what I had into it. I sold it exactly because the market was as hot as it was and would have NEVER gotten that price otherwise.

Now, I need to wait for the market to cool a bit for a suitable replacement. The v-drive thing (Schiada, Howard, Spectra) is still intriguing and have always wanted one.

dspracing

Reaction score
I saw that boat come up for sale and it seemed stagnant for a week or two then I believe that guy Javier(current seller) bought the boat to try and turn a buck on it. Saw him cruising through the channel weekend before Labor Day. Clean boat for sure. I question why it didn’t sell quickly given the boat market and the appeal of this boat.
He had bought an advantage that I was interested in as well a month or so back. Few weeks later he had it up for sale again with a brand new motor, dodged a bullet on that one.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Boat looks bad ass! I don't think I've ever seen gel like that on a Nordic. More Lavey-esque

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Thats a good looking boat. As said, given the current market, I dont think that price seems unreasonable. Going to make a fun boat for someone.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Didn't someone attempt a duramax install in one of these a while back? Hot boat days maybe?

Bill Sidney

Reaction score
Pretty sure Mike Avila had one with a turbo motor as well
Don't recall Mike having one he had a TT Bernice. Lonnie Fluent had the 1st on and raced that boat for many years. I had Vortect /Pro charger style in it and it ran very well.Billy Mason owns it now.

fmo24

Reaction score
Don't recall Mike having one he had a TT Bernice. Lonnie Fluent had the 1st on and raced that boat for many years. I had Vortect /Pro charger style in it and it ran very well.Billy Mason owns it now.
This is probably the one I’m thinking of. Thought it was Orange like all Mikes other boats. My mistake

copterzach

Reaction score
Why can’t you see links from Tapatalk? If you click RD’s link it takes to some old ass thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
I saw that boat come up for sale and it seemed stagnant for a week or two then I believe that guy Javier(current seller) bought the boat to try and turn a buck on it. Saw him cruising through the channel weekend before Labor Day. Clean boat for sure. I question why it didn’t sell quickly given the boat market and the appeal of this boat.
He had bought an advantage that I was interested in as well a month or so back. Few weeks later he had it up for sale again with a brand new motor, dodged a bullet on that one.
sounds like Javier is the "Mouzer" for havasu boats

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Didn't a Nordic Blaze compete in the Parker 9 hour Enduro a few years ago?

Dan'l

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Anyone know about the Nordic that was built in the 90’s for Speedboat magazine (may have been Performance boat) but looks as tho it was a 25 Rage bottom without the built in swim step, but then the top was done as a Center Console.
the gentleman that owns it now bought from a guy who completely redid the boat and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Hell he told me what he paid and i offered to double his money on the spot. I didn’t take a pic as we were at Pirates and phone was in boat, and I’ve searched for it since with no luck.
Boat was all white had a crazy curvy helm and then Conquest did the interior in all white.

DLC

Reaction score
Pete Mitchell was he a US Naval Aviator - call sign Maverick?

asking for a friend

Duramax

Reaction score

I get ads on IG from King boat sales, or something close to that name. It is insane to see some 20-21' open bow boats with tiny engines advertised as, "smoking price" - 39k up to 45k. In the comment section you see people saying how great the price is too, and sharing it with friends. Mine must be worth 50K if rare is a selling point, and we are going by the 2020 pricing structure.

retaocleg

Reaction score
Anyone know about the Nordic that was built in the 90’s for Speedboat magazine (may have been Performance boat) but looks as tho it was a 25 Rage bottom without the built in swim step, but then the top was done as a Center Console.
the gentleman that owns it now bought from a guy who completely redid the boat and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Hell he told me what he paid and i offered to double his money on the spot. I didn’t take a pic as we were at Pirates and phone was in boat, and I’ve searched for it since with no luck.
Boat was all white had a crazy curvy helm and then Conquest did the interior in all white.
in the 80's to 90's, we had 3 center console boats.....a 22 sun runner(lower profile and jet friendly rounded keel), a 23 deep v that was also used as a parasail, and a 28 parasail(kurt sommerstedt ran one in the catalina race one year)........

we built a couple for powerboat mag, if i remember correctly.......one was charcoals and grays, that was a 23.....also did a white and blue 33 cat for them with a telescoping crows nest for pics

retaocleg

Reaction score
we just built one of these blaze about 2 summers ago, one of my favorite looking nordics, beautiful boat....

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Pine Knot Marina in Big Bear has a Nordic Whaler that they use for parasailing. We had an alarm on our Pontoon rental and I shut it down and called them rather than run it. The drive oil was low and the guy came out in the whaler with some more. It was pretty beat up but I asked them all kinds of questions about it they had no clue.

1599775409465.png

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
in the 80's to 90's, we had 3 center console boats.....a 22 sun runner(lower profile and jet friendly rounded keel), a 23 deep v that was also used as a parasail, and a 28 parasail(kurt sommerstedt ran one in the catalina race one year)........

we built a couple for powerboat mag, if i remember correctly.......one was charcoals and grays, that was a 23.....also did a white and blue 33 cat for them with a telescoping crows nest for pics

The white and blue one was for hotboat. They only used it once as it was terribly too heavy, and sketchy.

that stainless tower is now the rave rocket abd can be found in the rdp booth at multiple events!

hallett21

Reaction score
Pine Knot Marina in Big Bear has a Nordic Whaler that they use for parasailing. We had an alarm on our Pontoon rental and I shut it down and called them rather than run it. The drive oil was low and the guy came out in the whaler with some more. It was pretty beat up but I asked them all kinds of questions about it they had no clue.

View attachment 921173

Looks like the one from the late 90’s early 2000s in havasu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

I think I have seen a couple of those 22 sun runner configurations, looks like my jet hull set up a whaler correct? Very much rounded keel on mine.

boat5.jpg
boatsandbar.jpg

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score

Isn't rare in boating a bad thing? Seems like the Hallett 210's, 240's, Daytona 25 and 26, etc. are plentiful as they are good boats. The Warrior boats are hard to come by because they are kind of a piece....right?

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Isn't rare in boating a bad thing? Seems like the Hallett 210's, 240's, Daytona 25 and 26, etc. are plentiful as they are good boats. The Warrior boats are hard to come by because they are kind of a piece....right?

This can be true for some boats/manufactures, but not all. For example a 21' Brummett is very rare, but IMO one of the best running 21' river cruiser. And good luck getting a new one layed up...

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
What hull was the old Warpath Nordic race boat that had the twin staggered blower motors?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
That thing is beautiful, I think I may have found the color combo I want. Just enough pop!

retaocleg

Reaction score
The white and blue one was for hotboat. They only used it once as it was terribly too heavy, and sketchy.

that stainless tower is now the rave rocket abd can be found in the rdp booth at multiple events!
right.....they also had a 23 nordic whaler(forgot the name)? that was white with a blue pin line just before, now that i think about it......that might have been powerboat tho, but can't be sure........growing up in the late 80's/ early 90's havasu as a twenty something is pretty hazey, as you could imagine.........alcohol and cocaine played a big part of the lifestyle...how we made it out is still a mystery😮🥴

Last edited:

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score

Mike had an all orange one set up similar to Pete's with an interior. I don't think he raced it as much as the Bernico or the Wellscrafts. He sold it to someone up north and i believe its on clearlake now.

retaocleg

Reaction score
Mike had an all orange one set up similar to Pete's with an interior. I don't think he raced it as much as the Bernico or the Wellscrafts. He sold it to someone up north and i believe its on clearlake now.
nordic built an orange wellscraft(warpath?) outboard for him last year.....new version