WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eviction moratoriums extended....big surprise.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Biden extended eviction moratoriums through September. I have little doubt he will extend them again. If the economy is so strong, why do we need eviction moratoriums and continued stimulus? I'm usually not a doom and gloomer, but it's starting to look like we are in for one hell of a ride economically. The great reset indeed.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Biden extended eviction moratoriums through September. I have little doubt he will extend them again. If the economy is so strong, why do we need eviction moratoriums and continued stimulus? I'm usually not a doom and gloomer, but it's starting to look like we are in for one hell of a ride economically. The great reset indeed.

Welcome to the side of truth.

Bring your spine, scumbags and imbeciles will attempt to discredit you.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not a landlord type, but this means the working folk trying to get, and stay ahead with rentals are screwed right? Can they still lose their investment, as it's not their primary residence?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
what's to stop them from declaring rental properties state properties? kill shot for the middle class. thats one good avenue to gaining wealth for the middle class is through housing investments. take away that and small businesses......

just_floatin

Reaction score
Changed my rental policies and target market to short term furnished rentals paid in full prior to move-in date. Thus far, traveling nurses and doctors are in demand if your location is in proximity to a hospital. Might be worthwhile for landlords on this board. VRBO also pulls in coin as a short term rental versus traditional month to month. Long term rentals in my portfolio are a “Known Government Backed Risk” I am not willing to accept. When times change adjust.

fmo24

Reaction score
I read Supreme Court ruled any extensions had to go thru Congress I think he is using other money and actions to appease the hard left

c_land

Reaction score
I read Supreme Court ruled any extensions had to go thru Congress I think he is using other money and actions to appease the hard left

Right. it was not extended, it expired on Saturday.

530RL

Reaction score
what's to stop them from declaring rental properties state properties? kill shot for the middle class. thats one good avenue to gaining wealth for the middle class is through housing investments. take away that and small businesses......

If we could only figure out what big government liberal President started this eviction moratorium fucking landlords? 🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: Rye

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Joey asked federal agencies to try and find ways to stop evictions after the CDC said it lacked the authority to extend its national eviction moratorium.

Hi Fraudulency has directed his Cabinet departments to "use their powers to prevent evictions and tell landlords: If your government is backing your mortgage or providing you housing tax relief, you should not be choosing eviction over the Emergency Rental Assistance we have provided to make you whole and keep your tenants and their families safely housed."

They're paying lip service to the far left per their instructions from the BlackRock overlords. They are waiting in the wings to pounce on the foreclosures.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
If we could only figure out what big government liberal President started this eviction moratorium fucking landlords? 🤔🤔🤔

Due to the Vaggots in D.C. and their mandatory government shutdowns of business in early 2020................... 😂

Another $5 hooker strikes again!!!! 🤪

They all see you.....................

c_land

Reaction score
Well never fuckin mind.

c_land

Reaction score
1628035425829.png

Spectra18

Reaction score
Pretty F$&ked up. People say “ just ignore the news!” Well shits going down fast. You gotta have some libturds that aren’t collecting rent right now. Are they fine with all this dry ass fu$king ?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For years I always thought the worst part of owning rental properties would be renters destroying stuff.

Never would have thought that would happen, and the government would stop the good part :(

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Knock on wood, we have been very lucky on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
How come they aren’t making it the same for my mortgage? The bank says I still have to pay😤 renters get all the good breaks
Because the bigger make-up of renters are Demoshits!!!!! No I don't have a link!

Wedgy

Reaction score
For years I always thought the worst part of owning rental properties would be renters destroying stuff.

Never would have thought that would happen, and the government would stop the good part :(

Fuk Biden, Fuk the CDC. Lawsuit time. Take our property, take our gunz, take our Family farms. FU!!

From 1980 to 1995 we rented out our MH up by Lake Shasta.

It was a nightmare, exactly like MW said. The first tenants and the last ones, who we sold the property too, were the only decent renters in 15 years. I bargained with a local Shasta County attorney to do a deed of Trust with me on the rental, and bought my Escondido pad in 1991
None of that would've happened
If this moratorium would have taken place then. it would have been bad.

The little guy can't afford to pay when the rent is needed to pay the the mortgage. This would have derailed my whole financial future.

This is a war on Seniors, and the Middle class. The Supreme Court says no, Jao, CDC say " Here, hold my beer!" "Peasants."

samsah33

Reaction score
Well this kinda explains the run-up in the cost of boats these days... Not paying rent but buying 3 boats? Tick tock tick tock...

Reactions: DWC

ridebig

Reaction score
Well this kinda explains the run-up in the cost of boats these days... Not paying rent but buying 3 boats? Tick tock tick tock...
I'd burn the frickin house down if that fucker was in my house!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
In my humble opinion the bigger issue here is not just the moratoriums but the way they are being imposed. Rochelle Walensky (CDC director and now our new dictator), does NOT have the authority under US law to impose any regulation on the American people regarding personal property. The US Supreme court just ruled on this stating that it could only be implemented by Congress. Walensky and Jao know they are breaking the law but who is going to enforce it? Until a month ago Walensky was just another Liberal College professor. Now she is telling you what you can and can't with your personal property. Maxine Waters comments say it all. We know it's illegal but we control everything so what are those in opposition going to do about it? Well, not a fucking thing! Where are the Republicans? How about the Justice Dept? It's complete chaos. I own multiple residential and commercial properties. I have gone to a month to month lease because without a contract I can still kick their asses out so long as it's not about non payment of rent. It's a complete pain in the ass but I have no choice. An associate of mine also owns multiple properties and he is leaving them vacant because people have become abusive bums who won't pay rent and are empowered by bitches like Maxine Waters. Would Maxine or Jao be opposed to some non rent paying bum just moving into one of their vacation homes and occupying it? How is a squatter any different than a bum who won't pay rent? The foundation of civilization is based on laws. Without them people truly have no personal rights to liberty, private property, justice, free speech or happiness. If this becomes the status quo then how is America really any different than China, and how safe are you in your own home?

Well this was an interesting response to you from a spineless commie who won't have the balls to call out HIS unconstitutional commie nerds. @squeezer

1628183531345.png

squeezer

Reaction score
Good point. But nothing concocted by the Liberal mind surprises me anymore.

Hmmmmm... I was almost certain Trump was in charge of the country last September when the action was taken.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... I was almost certain Trump was in charge of the country last September when the action was taken.

ANOTHER Turdilini............ 😆 😆

Trump is making us ignore the Constitution!!!!!

515449B3-5AD8-49E1-A664-0FB72D18667B.gif

just_floatin

Reaction score
I could not agree more @chase8 assessment of the current state of landlord challenges.

For me, the days of going through Zillow to screen tenants are no longer a dependency in my due diligence process. I decreased my risk appetite by going to short-term leases paid in full prior to move-in. This requires the tenant to have or borrow money from the bank (with their great credit of course 👍) family, whatever to meet the housing or storage unit lease agreement.

If the occupant meets the criteria, then good for me. If not, I do not have to deal with he or shes’ inability to pay forcing me to “chase down” the rent or NOW deal with government officials extending a BS rent moratorium that will cost me not them money 🖕

The risk I accept is the eviction process should the tenant decide not to vacate the property after the leasing period. I am constantly tweaking the rental agreement as lessons are learned and have since added VRBO furnished to my portfolio. Adjust adjust and adjust some more is my new mantra.

Traditional Leasing is changing due to politicians and government officials impacting very good people that are responsible and pay their rent monthly. Unfortunately given the times, collecting funds is something I rather not have to deal with. I rather let the property sit or go through a third party rental organization.

Last edited:

jesco

Reaction score
I have a friend that owns like 15 rental properties.... he said this shits out of control. Most his rentals are long time tenants and are paying, but he has a few totally taking advantage of the situation. 2 have bought new cars, but cant pay rent. One bought 2 seadoos, but cant pay rent. The best is the one that called to have a repair done, and actually said "Can you do it next week, we will be on vacation..."....hahaha. Luckily for him they are all paid for, but he said he has a few friends that are on the verge of losing properties because they cant make the mortgage due to no income and the banks dont care. Some banks gave owners 3 months in the beginning of all this shit, renters seems like its gonna be until all the owners lose them and the Gov can step in and make them all Section 8 housing.

squeezer

Reaction score
Seven rentals, no turnover in three years, no late payments in 20 years.

retaocleg

Reaction score
"you will own nothing, and be happy....." Clause Schwab, head of the world economic forum

The Great Reset

their catch phrase is "build back better"......where have i heard that before🤔

squeezer

Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point Squeegie. Trump approved the moratorium only AFTER the fucking bone heads in congress failed to step up and do so, AND before the courts ruled that it was unconstitutional which was on June 29th, 2021........ Who is breaking the law now dipshit???

The law didn't change on June 29th...

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
This made me chuckle in these shit times
Screenshot_20210805-092751.png

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
The states are covering back rent. It was in the last stimulus go round. It is thru the states. I'm sure you landlords could apply.

squeezer

Reaction score
Deflect alert, deflect alert.

Not really... Just pointing out that a program started under Trump somehow magically became illegal under Biden. Which is of course crap.

There are many many people abusing this thing. Just like there are many businesses abusing the PPP. The obvious path here is to go after the abuse instead of hurting the people who need the help.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Not really... Just pointing out that a program started under Trump somehow magically became illegal under Biden. Which is of course crap.

There are many many people abusing this thing. Just like there are many businesses abusing the PPP. The obvious path here is to go after the abuse instead of hurting the people who need the help.

Could not agree more about the PPP.
One guy I know (whom I have severed contact with) got an $85K “loan” simply for being a 1099 employee with a channeled LLC. (Common set up in my profession unless W2 mandated)
He also collected $25K in unemployment even though he had no UI contributions from any employer. The State he collected UI from wants half of it back. He just laughs.
The $85K payments are due at like $400 a month.
Throwing $ at Covid for placating was a huge mistake in my opinion.
That’s a hard genie to put back.

See squeezer? It’s not hard to point out problems and mistakes with those we support.
Now...you try it.

squeezer

Reaction score
Squeegie,

A 5-4 vote by the Supreme Court at the end of June clearly found the CDC did not have authority and that it needed to come from congress. They left the July 31 moratorium in place in an attempt to get money where it needed to go without creating confusion. Currently, Biden and his gaggle of liberal clowns are openly, defiantly, breaking the law, and Land Lords are getting fucked. Businesses all over the US are struggling because they can't get people to work and why would they? They can sit home on their asses, collect unemployment and get free rent all courtesy of our inspired leaders.

https://www.floridarealtors.org/new...upreme-court-cdc-lacks-eviction-ban-authority

So SCOTUS rules a program illegal but decides it can continue for a period of time anyway... Thats solid jurisprudence right there.

It would be easy to argue that the SCOTUS can rule on the absolute legality at hand but does not have any grounds to offer terms. By doing so they undermine the base ruling opening up the path for another extension...

My one and only point here is that this is not a problem that President Biden somehow created. Not going to say it is good or bad on its merits only that giving Trump a pass and tagging President Biden as the bad guy (If you think its bad) does not hold water.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So SCOTUS rules a program illegal but decides it can continue for a period of time anyway... Thats solid jurisprudence right there.

It would be easy to argue that the SCOTUS can rule on the absolute legality at hand but does not have any grounds to offer terms. By doing so they undermine the base ruling opening up the path for another extension...

My one and only point here is that this is not a problem that President Biden somehow created. Not going to say it is good or bad on its merits only that giving Trump a pass and tagging President Biden as the bad guy (If you think its bad) does not hold water.

What I’m hearing you wont say if Obama having migrant children in cages at the border was a good or bad practice. But under Trump it was definitely bad practice, and now that Biden is president tagging him as the bad guy does not hold water, it is still Trump’s fault. Do I have that all right?

squeezer

Reaction score
Could not agree more about the PPP.
One guy I know (whom I have severed contact with) got an $85K “loan” simply for being a 1099 employee with a channeled LLC. (Common set up in my profession unless W2 mandated)
He also collected $25K in unemployment even though he had no UI contributions from any employer. The State he collected UI from wants half of it back. He just laughs.
The $85K payments are due at like $400 a month.
Throwing $ at Covid for placating was a huge mistake in my opinion.
That’s a hard genie to put back.

See squeezer? It’s not hard to point out problems and mistakes with those we support.
Now...you try it.

Sure...

I am pissed that President Obama implemented a piss poor excuse for healthcare reform.
Pretty pissed the the D's have not trashed the filibuster and actually made progress since Jan 20th.
Pissed that on day 1 President Biden didn't sign an XO stating that all federal employees healthcare is provided through the Medicare system (Including both chambers of Congress).
Pissed that on day 1 President Biden didn't sign an XO stating that conditions of any Federal contract include: Paying a minimum wage of (?????, depending on the area of the country). Offering healthcare through the (now open for public participation) medicare health plan.
Pissed that Democrats have not done a single damm thing to address the gun problem we have in this country...

(Enough?)

squeezer

Reaction score
What I’m hearing you wont say if Obama having migrant children in cages at the border was a good or bad practice. But under Trump it was definitely bad practice, and now that Biden is president tagging him as the bad guy does not hold water, it is still Trump’s fault. Do I have that all right?

Chum in the waters today...

Of course children in cages is absurd, doesn't matter which administration does it. The difference is the Trump admin stated they were using it as a strategy to separate families in order to punish immigrants.

“If they feel there will be separation, they don’t come,” he said of migrants during comments to reporters at the White House.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sure...

I am pissed that President Obama implemented a piss poor excuse for healthcare reform.
Pretty pissed the the D's have not trashed the filibuster and actually made progress since Jan 20th.
Pissed that on day 1 President Biden didn't sign an XO stating that all federal employees healthcare is provided through the Medicare system (Including both chambers of Congress).
Pissed that on day 1 President Biden didn't sign an XO stating that conditions of any Federal contract include: Paying a minimum wage of (?????, depending on the area of the country). Offering healthcare through the (now open for public participation) medicare health plan.
Pissed that Democrats have not done a single damm thing to address the gun problem we have in this country...

(Enough?)

By gun problem I assume you mean the shortage of weapons available for purchase to legal qualified Americans?

Still nothing about child nipple pinching huh?

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Of course children in cages is absurd, doesn't matter which administration does it. The difference is the Trump admin stated they were using it as a strategy to separate families in order to punish immigrants.

“If they feel there will be separation, they don’t come,” he said of migrants during comments to reporters at the White House.

As opposed to the 20,000 + UNACCOMPANIED that roll across the border a month, NOW that you clowns are in control?

🤪

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Cognitive dissonance much? You do realize that sounds fucking absurd... All 3 administrations used the SAME strategy, in the SAME way. But Obama and Biden are better because they just didn't spell it out to you? And both invited more migrant families to separate at the border, while Trump tried to dissuade them from coming and did, thereby putting less children in cages. 😂

squeezer

Reaction score
As opposed to the 20,000 + UNACCOMPANIED that roll across the border a month, NOW that you clowns are in control?

🤪

Do you remember who Emma Lazarus was? She wrote a pretty cool poem a while back, its called "The New Colossus"

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This country was built by immigrants, for immigrants, in order to escape the "Storied Pomp" the Maga hat wearing imbeciles yearn for.

squeezer

Reaction score
Cognitive dissonance much? You do realize that sounds fucking absurd... All 3 administrations used the SAME strategy, in the SAME way. But Obama and Biden are better because they just didn't spell it out to you? And both invited more migrant families to separate at the border, while Trump tried to dissuade them from coming and did, thereby putting less children in cages. 😂

Cognitive Dissonance.... Yore going to have to explain that term to the unwashed massed here in the bilge.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This country was built by immigrants, for immigrants, in order to escape the "Storied Pomp" the Maga hat wearing imbeciles yearn for.

Do you remember who Robert Mugabe was? He wrote a pretty cool poem a while back, its called "Give The Country Over To The Fools"

Our farms are too white
My brothers are black
I'll take those farms back
I will and I am right

Now food is scarce
The banking sector collapsed
But damn I feel great
A crisis perhaps

I don't care, it's the right thing to do
Whoops, here comes hyper inflation
And now we're ALL screwed too

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I have cousins in Santa Monica that own a 20 unit apartment building. No rent received from any tenant in the last year. Luckily there's no mortgage on the property but there are thousands going out each month in maintenance, utilities, taxes, etc.

I have great tenants and have gotten the rent checks every month before the first. My properties are all in Orange County though, we sold all of our LA County rentals when my mom passed a few years back.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Cognitive Dissonance.... Yore going to have to explain that term to the unwashed massed here in the bilge.

Yes...that’s a good fool.
Please continue to think like that.
It really makes the expression change so much more gratifying!