WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Evinrude is out - Mercury in

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Wow great day for merc. Kill a competitor and sign a lucratiive supplier contract in the same day. The 2 stroke is officially dead. Sad to see the rude brand die.

Honda cant be long for outboard production either i would think...

sprintcvx

Reaction score
So my 1988 xp200 is a collectors idem now.. Sweet 👍 🤣

WAAZ

Reaction score
I wonder if their “Project Ghost” is the development of an electric outboard??

Justfishing

Reaction score
sad to see an American manufactur go out of business. In many respects a 2 stroke is better suited to marine use.

The clean slate redesign of the g2 overcame many of the problems of taking a carb engine and going to di.

Many people would not even consider the g2 because of being a 2 stroke. To me it would come down to reliability, fuel economy and cost to operate.

A good feature was better emissions than a 4 stroke without the need for a cat.

stoker2001

Reaction score
sad to see an American manufactur go out of business. In many respects a 2 stroke is better suited to marine use.

The clean slate redesign of the g2 overcame many of the problems of taking a carb engine and going to di.

Many people would not even consider the g2 because of being a 2 stroke. To me it would come down to reliability, fuel economy and cost to operate.

A good feature was better emissions than a 4 stroke without the need for a cat.
WELL said,i never got to experience a G2,i did hear they had some issues like everything else when new..?
Ol Ole Evinrude is turning in his grave,the man that started it all in 1909 with a 1.5hp kicker that beat the hell out of using the oar

The Phantom

Banned
Reaction score
WELL said,i never got to experience a G2,i did hear they had some issues like everything else when new..?
Ol Ole Evinrude is turning in his grave,the man that started it all in 1909 with a 1.5hp kicker that beat the hell out of using the oar

Remember!!!! clockwise rotation on the hone.