WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

EVO Stage 2 flash

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Stage 2 EVO - 2020 Can Am X3 RSRR Max remaps the ECU and boosts it from 195 to 210HP on 91 pump gas - stock injectors.

D2F6930E-E9F5-49A8-9E80-0D89AF20EF0E.jpeg
5E9AA978-8429-40DA-AC4E-89AE6B633E1E.jpeg

Third time I’ve flashed an ECU with EVO and third time we loved the results.

More than just noticeable it really pins you back in the seat as the front wheels come off the ground.

More hole shot and more acceleration thru the entire power band from a dead stop to over 80 MPH. You feel it right out of the box.
Lifted the top speed limiter too.

Intercooler fan comes on sooner though it’s noisy it eventually came on anyway.
Didn’t throw any codes, engine temp the same.
No re-gaping the spark plugs.

EVO is slammed with work so it arrived back at my front door in 12 days.

About $600 and well worth it.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
There are several ways to put the 2020 X3 into Eco mode.
Almost 50% power loss.

Very easy to do it by mistake too and not realize it.
I’m wagering when RD raced that RZR he accidental had it in Eco mode.

I’ve run against a few new Rzrs with mine pre flash stock ECU and had good results.

The 2020 X3 RR is a steamer.

Last edited:

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
You pulled the ECU and shipped it? I want to get mine done but thought I needed a shop to do it on the car

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You pulled the ECU and shipped it? I want to get mine done but thought I needed a shop to do it on the car

Held on with just 2 screws and two rocker plugs.
With a small screwdriver press on the plugs locking dog and rotate the plug clip back.

I wrapped the ECU in bubble wrap then placed in a box with shipping peanuts.
Expensive but worth it IMHO. Best bang for the buck.

We waited a month to make sure we liked the 2020 X3 Max and no unresolvable mulligans before we started dropping more money on it.

If you’re not happy EVO will flash it back to stock and refund your money.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Didn’t you have a 19 before? That’s what we have. Curious what the results were on a 19 xrs

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Didn’t you have a 19 before? That’s what we have. Curious what the results were on a 19 xrs

That's the best EVO question.
Heres how I see it:

I have the '18 RS and was one of the first to get the stage 1 flash.
They accidently flashed it Stage 3 and sent it back is the story in or was the motorsport forums. Evo never clearly explained, I never heard anything else about it it so the rumor stands as far as I've been informed. That story may have been clarified in the past year or two damfino I'm not following those threads.
Then Evo recalled those they did wrong.

I didn't send mine back, I was happy with the results and the stage 3. Runs great on 91 pump gas.
EVO then modified the stage one and the tales go it's just a noticeable improvement.

The cooling fan comes on sooner and other perks with the reflash too I experienced with our '18 two seater.
We're keeping the 2 seat X3 RS because it's just too good of a dune runner. The X3 max just too good of a rock crawler and trail machine.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Cool. Looks like I am pulling mine out

and I agree with you. It did look like @RiverDave was either in eco mode or had a roll of tape stuck under the gas pedal 😂

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

and I agree with you. It did look like @RiverDave was either in eco mode or had a roll of tape stuck under the gas pedal 😂
Or the CAK (Can Am Killer) is a runner😉 I ran Dave on stage 4 AA tune now I'm running stage 5 💪🏻 My son has a X3 with Evo stage 3 or 4 he beats me sometimes in Glamis and we raced alot at that sand drags, it just depends on the holeshot. My son's is also a two seater and very light.
Picture below is Dave's view of the CAK
Screenshot_20191225-210445.png

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I was driving the X3Max around Tempe last week and thought "Gee, it looses power in this 121F heat." My head was spinning in the heat too. I was seeing Pink Elephants. Then I realized, like I've pointed out to some many others in the past, I bumped the Eco switch.
Clicked it back to Performance mode and was once again driving a flame thrower around town.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Or the CAK (Can Am Killer) is a runner😉 I ran Dave on stage 4 AA tune now I'm running stage 5 💪🏻 My son has a X3 with Evo stage 3 or 4 he beats me sometimes in Glamis and we raced alot at that sand drags, it just depends on the holeshot. My son's is also a two seater and very light.
Picture below is Dave's view of the CAK View attachment 901698
I was referring to where I read that RD raced a stock Rzr. Had a hunch RD had it in Eco mode.
RD's big clodhopper tires don't help with speed either.

BTW:
All of us racing on the dunes, all of us stock learned the Scat Trak paddles are a better acceleration performer than the STU's. The STUs better handling over the climbs, drops and tight turns.

Reactions: Wmc

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I was referring to where I read that RD raced a stock Rzr. Had a hunch RD had it in Eco mode.
RD's big clodhopper tires don't help with speed either.

BTW:
All of us racing on the dunes, all of us stock learned the Scat Trak paddles are a better acceleration performer than the STU's. The STUs better handling over the climbs, drops and tight turns.
I will be buying Scat Trak for sure. They are the best. I don't think Dave has raced anybody but me. It was on Christmas day, I took a present away from him 😂

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I will be buying Scat Trak for sure. They are the best. I don't think Dave has raced anybody but me. It was on Christmas day, I took a present away from him 😂

Let us know how you like them and where you got them and paddle Size and count if you get a chance.
I want to get a set too.

They are more than just a little faster. The theory of lots of spin works well with Scats.
Comp cutting the STUs doesn’t seem to help much - if at all.

Dunno if we’ll see a sand show this year is where I usually buy stuff.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I can’t even get Dave to race me in my NA1000 because he lost to you so bad :)

When he gets the Speed car watch out if he gets his hands on some e85 :)

@TPC did your tune come with launch control as well?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If the sand show happens, they will flash it at the sand show for you. There is a discount, and no shipping costs.
Get there first day at opening and go direct to the EVO booth. The orders stack up early and they cut off accepting ECUs.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I can’t even get Dave to race me in my NA1000 because he lost to you so bad :)

When he gets the Speed car watch out if he gets his hands on some e85 :)

@TPC did your tune come with launch control as well?
Nahh, didn't get the launch feature.
Word through the race people is RG will have a few full competition - race ready right out of the box Speeds at 3X the price.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I've learned one thing early is only people that know they can beat you want to race.
"Stock" has a wide definition.

I've rolled with RD. 72 miles in the desert his X3 MAX ran really good.
Whoever buys it is getting a nice ride.