WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Exhaust hose clamps?

spectra bash

Reaction score
My exhaust hose clamps from exhaust to tips inside were leaking over thanksgiving. Newer motor set up. They are the usual worm gear clamps. I tried tightening them up but they pretty much ate themselves. ( just spinning) Looking to replace with new ones. Looking online at T Bolt clamps, High Torque lined clamps, Constant tension clamps. Non perforated clamps. Whats everybody running?

ramos45

Reaction score
The same kind you buggered up. Replace it with the same or go T bolt clamp for an upgrade

lbhsbz

Reaction score

HST4ME

Reaction score
1612315758392.png

rrrr

Reaction score
My exhaust hose clamps from exhaust to tips inside were leaking over thanksgiving. Newer motor set up. They are the usual worm gear clamps. I tried tightening them up but they pretty much ate themselves. ( just spinning) Looking to replace with new ones. Looking online at T Bolt clamps, High Torque lined clamps, Constant tension clamps. Non perforated clamps. Whats everybody running?

Worm gear clamps provide an adequate seal on exhaust systems, there's very little pressure. Your hoses are probably swelling from age, and replacing them now is preferable to discovering they have failed when water begins sloshing around your feet.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
worm gear clamps are fine. make sure you're double clamping them. also stainless and a good quality. i noticed the ones from west marine are pricey but you can crank on them pretty good compared to the china junk from home depot.

spectra bash

Reaction score
Worm gear clamps provide an adequate seal on exhaust systems, there's very little pressure. Your hoses are probably swelling from age, and replacing them now is preferable to discovering they have failed when water begins sloshing around your feet.
Hoses are new. The boat was just completed a year ago.

rrrr

Reaction score
Hoses are new. The boat was just completed a year ago.

Somehow I knew that was gonna be your reply. 😁

It seems unusual the hoses would leak. Are any of the parts cast aluminum? Sometimes there are casting mold lines on the mating surfaces that need to be removed.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Zack, head over to Long Beach Truck supply, Anaheim st. just East of the 710 as you come down the bridge they are on the North side tucked back on a side street the parallels Anaheim. They have a a bunch of clamps that are pretty beefy and stainless so you can shine them up.

spectra bash

Reaction score
Zack, head over to Long Beach Truck supply, Anaheim st. just East of the 710 as you come down the bridge they are on the North side tucked back on a side street the parallels Anaheim. They have a a bunch of clamps that are pretty beefy and stainless so you can shine them up.
Thanks cliff.