WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Exhaust Question

Englewood

Reaction score
I have a monster Manx that is "Street Legal" with an LS2...

I had RPM install a magna flow muffler but it is still hovering at 95-100db...Anybody have any ideas?

Will 2 mufflers kill the power? Is there a quieter muffler?

The exhaust exits on the upper side of muffler.

Was thinking of doing another single muffler on each side? Come around back and join them?

Image-1.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You will need something small, and that will probably kill some power to get the sound down in a small package.

Another single on each side may do it.

I’d add the “street” mufflers to what is there to quiet it down for street use. Make the setup quick change with a Vband for off road fun.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
My friend took his dejong here for the exact reason your asking to make it quieter. If it lost power neither one of use could tell.

F5AD2B2D-F910-4E9C-93D7-53DE47C9E2F7.jpeg

Englewood

Reaction score
You will need something small, and that will probably kill some power to get the sound down in a small package.

Another single on each side may do it.

I’d add the “street” mufflers to what is there to quiet it down for street use. Make the setup quick change with a Vband for off road fun.
Exactly what I was thinking...Remove it for off roading.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Englewood

Reaction score
I'd like to find a cylinder type if I go that route. Do you think it will make a notable difference in sound?

Right now it is headers 90 into muffler then out. I noticed some of the mufflers online have the x inside. Mine is straight through.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Run it LOUD!!

Is it just too much for you while you are driving or are you worried about getting a ticket?

Englewood

Reaction score
Run it LOUD!!

Is it just too much for you while you are driving or are you worried about getting a ticket?
I live close to a CHP office and Im in Commifornia. I want to be able to go to dinner or a cruise without being hassled non stop. As it sits right at 95db, it will be an issue.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'd like to find a cylinder type if I go that route. Do you think it will make a notable difference in sound?

Right now it is headers 90 into muffler then out. I noticed some of the mufflers online have the x inside. Mine is straight through.

Yes that would look better for sure. But a small straight through cylinder muffler will only quiet it down a little, likely not enough.

Got a 3/4 rear shot? How much room are you working with down the side? I've got (2) 16" long magnaflow round cans on my car that are 3 inch in/out... I've never measured it but is reasonable enough not to get hassled. That's all it has for mufflers.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I stopped reading at MangnaFlow...

Yeah, I know. They have the best specs on paper. Easy to do when you tune the engine Specifically for that muffler! Personally I think they sound just awful.

Look into Flowmaster. They have lots of different options.

fm-updated-street-mufflers-landing-page-banner-2560x85318353.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I stopped reading at MangnaFlow...

Yeah, I know. They have the best specs on paper. Easy to do when you tune the engine Specifically for that muffler! Personally I think they sound just awful.

Look into Flowmaster. They have lots of different options.

View attachment 1214351

Last time I checked you tune an engine specifically for the mods you make to it 😆

I would look into Flowmaster... if you are into losing power and drone :)

Meaney77

Reaction score
What if you put SuperTrap tips At muffler exit, Adjustable discs you can add and or remove completely to tune to what ever noise level you want
My car originally came with Super Trap set up and I had issues with them. The tips werent welded to the muffler, just clamped and would loosen up and come off. Also had a notciable power loss when they were attached vs running with just a muffler.

Englewood

Reaction score
Made an appt with Tom Face @ Scotty's Muffler...Super cool dude.

He is gonna be installing a Dual in/out Gibson muffler w internal x pipe and super trap on the end for when using on street.

I'm pretty sure this will get me under 90db. If not, I can revisit the side mount can mufflers.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

He is gonna be installing a Dual in/out Gibson muffler w internal x pipe and super trap on the end for when using on street.

I'm pretty sure this will get me under 90db. If not, I can revisit the side mount can mufflers.
That will likely work. 👍🏻

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score

Check photos for what your going to end up with.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I want. How is the sound? I have exact same headers.
It sounds really good to me nice and quiet at idle but you definitely still get a nice exhaust note when you’re on the gas. You can play with the sound by adding it taking away the plates.