WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Expense tracking app

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Does anybody know of an expense tracking app that I can link a card or bank account to and that will automatically track my spending and give me quick reports to do books and file taxes with? Im going through receipts right now thinking that something like that would be amazing for this time of year for me.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I just went through it. I'm a 10-15 filer also. LOL.

I use Concur now, and automatically inputs your credit card transactions. I don't know if they make a personal version vs a corporate version.

If your using a debit card, I know quicken or quick books allows you to download your transactions from your bank. I don't know if works for credit cards.

Sent From Tapatalk

Turnup

Reaction score
I use BofA business, their online platform allows you to designate account transactions to specific expenses and once you train the system it will automatically put those transactions in the right designated accounting spots. Then I can download end of year into a xls file or other spread formats. Its not bulletproof but works pretty well.

farmo83

Reaction score
If it's for personal use most of all the budgeting apps are very similar. If your going to use it to track business expenses for side work and stuff like that I would get quicken books or something else dedicated for a business.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Can quicken automatically track, or do Ihave to manually input expenses? I didn't see anything about linked cards or accounts.

I looked into tallie and it looks like its built for larger businesses with multiple employees.

That BofA setup sounds like what I'm looking for except I'll never bank with BofA again, or Wells Fargo for that matter 😮

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Does anybody know of an expense tracking app that I can link a card or bank account to and that will automatically track my spending and give me quick reports to do books and file taxes with? Im going through receipts right now thinking that something like that would be amazing for this time of year for me.

PayPal?

I use it the other way around though...

I have a PayPal debit/credit card, and the PayPal account is linked to my bank (there was really no reason to do that though).

PayPal will generate all kids of different reports. At least with the business version anyway.

You can create invoices with it, and email billing.

Pretty much everyone accepts PayPal online, and the card is a MasterCard.