WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Exposure last night

caribbean20

Reaction score
Got the late night text last night a dinner guest tested positive. Anyone have a good immune therapy recommendation? My wife has RA and is immune compromised, I’ll be fine.

We are both fully vaccinated and not interested in a debate about that.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
If you get sick, ask your doctor to give you ivermectin with the rest of standard stuff. Mine did. Insurance covered. Don’t know if it alone did the trick but I was fine in 24 hours from a 104.8 temp and 87% O2.

caribbean20

Reaction score
She’s never had Covid before?
Neither of us have had it, and looking to keep our streak going. Both of us have been taking a supplement called Tru Niagen. Anecdotally, it has shown to be a good COVID shield. My buddy used to be a senior exec at the company and turned us on to it.

Thanks for the other constructive responses. I am going to hit Walgreens. Time to smash the nail with a sledgehammer. My wife is high risk and I’ve got an annual buddy trip next weekend hoping I don’t have to scuttle.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Most people I know that test positive these days are usually back on their feet in 2-3 days. It's never a bad idea to take supplements or vitamins to boost the immunity system. But Covid is gonna do what it's gonna do. It was stand up of the dinner guest to notify you. I think you'll be fine.

Dalton

Reaction score
Neither of us have had it, and looking to keep our streak going. Both of us have been taking a supplement called Tru Niagen. Anecdotally, it has shown to be a good COVID shield. My buddy used to be a senior exec at the company and turned us on to it.

Thanks for the other constructive responses. I am going to hit Walgreens. Time to smash the nail with a sledgehammer. My wife is high risk and I’ve got an annual buddy trip next weekend hoping I don’t have to scuttle.

That’s good you guys have never had it, or had a symptomatic case of it I should say…hopefully you’re not modifying your life too much to avoid it.

I know some people that have had it multiple times (mild cases) and are still scared shitless of it

caribbean20

Reaction score
Most people I know that test positive these days are usually back on their feet in 2-3 days. It's never a bad idea to take supplements or vitamins to boost the immunity system. But Covid is gonna do what it's gonna do. It was stand up of the dinner guest to notify you. I think you'll be fine.
10-4 on the honor of our niece telling us. She was SOOOO sorry in her note to us, my wife had to walk her off the proverbial ledge.

For me, I’m not the least bit concerned about the health angle, only the inconvenience of missing a fun weekend with the knuckleheads, an annual event. No doubt selfish.

We will get the Pfizer anti-viral for my wife if she gets it due to her high risk. We know that works from an experience with a friend who has RA also.

PlanB

Reaction score
I have serious issues from the "vaccine" and just had COVID at Christmas and it was no big deal at all. If your wife can get some Paxlovid it will most likely reduce her symptoms if she were to be positive. Vitamin c, zinc, mouth wash and nasal spray to reduce viral load will also help. You guys will be fine.

Last edited:

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
C-2

how are you guys doing?

Hopefully kicking it AZZ!!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Your lungs should tell you how well or not you are doing. Soon as you have O2 issues get after it if you are breathing well and keeping 02 up you should probably be ok

4Waters

Reaction score
Define “fully vaccinated “
3uahoz.jpg

caribbean20

Reaction score
Define “fully vaccinated “
Your friendly sarcasm is not lost on me (if it is sarcasm). Since you asked, it is defined as original Pfizer shots plus 3 boosters, latest in November. Never any side affects.

Obviously it is not a true “vaccine,” more like a flu shot, I get it. In our case, it has been effective. COVID-free so far, despite several known exposures, including the aforementioned last Sunday, and most certainly knocking on wood 😳

And BTW, I know COVID isn’t the big bad wolf it was thought to be at the start, but I’m trying to protect my wife, as previously mentioned.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Gas, Brakeclean, solvent. What difference dose it make at this point?
You obviously have never been a roofer;) Mastic or asphalt on your hands, brakeclean won't do it. Gas even soothes the burn from the asphalt.
Chemistry and first aid for blue collar monkeys🤣