WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Extended warranty on a toy hauler

kevin1988

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a Sandstorm 29 foot toy box. For those of you that have one, is the extended warranty worth the money?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Had 3 different Sand Storm Trailers. The last one we purchased, as we were signing final paper work they offered up the extended warranty and pretty much sold it to my wife and I that it covers everything from bumper to bumper. And if we wanted it, they would drop a point on the interest rate. Seemed like a descent deal at the time.

However when we ran into a few issues with the trailer, it seemed like nothing was covered and it was more of a hassle than it was worth.

If I did it all over again, I would probably steer clear from it. Just my 2 cents.

Willow Rat

Reaction score
Taking a trailer in for warranty work is a pain the ass. You have to argue your point. You go to the back of the line behind the paying customers. I would not get it. I did on my last toy hauler and never again.

They did bring the financing down a point but they should do that anyway. Some of the minor warranty issues I fix myself to avoid them. Unless it is a major issue it is just not worth taking it in for Warranty. If you want to get it make sure you negotiate the price down.