WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Extreme Trailer Axle Replacement

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Looking to replace the axles on my trailer. It’s 2004 extreme with torsion axles. The trailer sat outside in Florida for many years while the boat was in rack storage and I think the front torsions are rusted in place. When I hit bumps the entire trailer bounces instead of the axles flexing.

Has anyone swapped their torsions axles before?

Can I get any set off he internet or should I go back to extreme and try and get a set from them?

i have all the fab tools and skills to actually do the swap just have a couple up front questions before I pull the trigger and buy new axles.

thanks in advance.

jbird

Reaction score
Extreme used Dexter axles on my 2007 trailer. When one failed, I took it to Adrenaline trailer in Lake Havasu and all were changed out under a recall.
If yours are Dexter, get the serial numbers off your axles and call Dexter. Either way, they will have what you need and can point you to your local dealer.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Extreme used Dexter axles on my 2007 trailer. When one failed, I took it to Adrenaline trailer in Lake Havasu and all were changed out under a recall.
If yours are Dexter, get the serial numbers off your axles and call Dexter. Either way, they will have what you need and can point you to your local dealer.
X2 on that. Mines an 03 and I got mine on a recall as well. The rubber wore out on mine causing bad inside west on tires

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
X2 on that. Mines an 03 and I got mine on a recall as well. The rubber wore out on mine causing bad inside west on tires
Where on the axles are the serial numbers? Thank you both for this insight.