WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Extreme vs. Shadow

Jgarrison

Reaction score
Just ordered a new FunDeck and have the option between Extreme and Shadow for the trailer, what would you do and why?

Singleton

Reaction score
Any cost or credits involved?
When I purchased if I selected one trailer over another, I got a credit towards another option.
Zieman vs Extreme. I picked Zieman, since it got the stereo upgrade.

Last edited:

adam909

Reaction score
i have never delt with shadow but i have with extreme.. I was impressed with extremes facility, seemed very organized. They put out alot of trailers and have a ton of parts on hand. I beleve they have been in business for a long time which I like.. In the end its just a boat trailer with all the same parts that other trailer manufacturers use..

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I'd do the one that gives you the best build, and all the features you want, for the best price. I personally probably prefer Extreme over Shadow for build quality, and longevity, but a lot of it comes down to personal preference and how much maintenance you put into the trailer over the years.

Check the build sheet and make sure you get everything you want (axles, bunks, guide bars, lights, fenders, brakes, etc).

I do believe Shadow offers a combined galvanized and powdercoat option which is good for long term rust prevention that others do not do.

kiethco

Reaction score
Shadow. I think Fritz opened another location next to Ultra last year or before. Cypress and Havasu. Innovative solid stuff.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Shadow. I follow them on IG and they have been turning out some amazing products. Plus Shadow has 2 locations, one in Cypress Ca. & one in Havasu which I thing would be better for any warranty work needed.
Does Xtreme have a place in Havasu?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
so, its been a couple months since the OP led on about a new build... and a trailer... any updates?

I am very pleased with my Extreme trailer that is for the boat. And nothing negative to say about the Shadow custom built jet ski trailer. Both are great! I do get tons of compliments on the Shadow. Choose your upgrades wisely, its money that will never come back to you.

here is a link to the shadow I had built

to throw a kink in the program, the Extreme trailer will get a few things changed this winter, Going to black out the diamond plate and I am considering having the adjustable ladder welded to trailer frame to prevent it from ever moving/sliding forward or backwards.

Last edited:

Hdgasser

Reaction score
shadow powder coats their trailers... does extreme PC or paint them?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
shadow powder coats their trailers... does extreme PC or paint them?

Paint. Eliminator was leaning back towards Extreme again as Extreme was getting aggressive on pricing to get their foot back in the door. They are building me a new one for my Daytona 28 currently.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Paint. Eliminator was leaning back towards Extreme again as Extreme was getting aggressive on pricing to get their foot back in the door. They are building me a new one for my Daytona 28 currently.
Paint would be easier to mat h if theres ever any damage or changes done in the future.

I get a kick outta watching Shadows videos on the gram, dude cracks me up! Both top notch trailers don't think you could go wrong either way.

Webuildcustom

Reaction score
In that price point I'd pick shadow. If you can swing a higher budget there is is a better option.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Just curious, was the trailer that came with the boat trashed or..?

Jgarrison

Reaction score
I ended up going with Shadow based on recommendations here and from eliminator. Boat should be done November or December.