WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

***Extremely GRAPHIC*** Carbide Drill Bit vs Hand

Richard.E

Reaction score
IMG_3773.JPG

Works great for composite drilling, works even better on bone, skin, and ligaments. Lol

HitIt

Reaction score
Dude, put some kind of warning in the title.

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh crap, how about a little "Caution Graphic" warning :eek:

Taboma

Reaction score
Yea I didn't need that this morning, or any morning for that matter. I opened it up thinking the thread was something a bit different. Shoulda skipped it for sure.

Didn't go well with my morning coffee and muffin for sure ----- argggghhhh :eek:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yea I didn't need that this morning, or any morning for that matter. I opened it up before the title change, thinking the thread was something a bit different. Wrong, shoulda skipped it for sure.

I cant imagine you knowingly venture into threads like these.

fmo24

Reaction score
And when those drills break they do not break clean. Carbide spade drills just seem to shatter. Ugh

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Looks like somebody needs a new Lock Out Tag Out program at their shop. OSHA has one more thing to investigate now.

Richard.E

Reaction score
I should clarify... new guy was being trained on changing out a shattered/dull drill bit, general operation, etc. I think it was his 2nd or 3rd day.

While the trainer was removing the fixture, the trainee pushed the “GO” button and this carnage took place.

Fucked up situation.. picture came first. Details came after.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Damn.

I should clarify... new guy was being trained on changing out a shattered/dull drill bit, general operation, etc. I think it was his 2nd or 3rd day.

While the trainer was removing the fixture, the trainee pushed the “GO” button and this carnage took place.

Fucked up situation.. picture came first. Details came after.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I almost ate a part once. Fuckin trainee changed parts and didn't tighten the vice. When the part flew out and nailed the machine, instead of us, I "asked" the stooopid fuck if he tightened the vice and he said he did. The second vice wasn't tight either. He got all bent and decided to take a swing. :) We traded blows that no one saw and that was his last day. :)

I am glad my hand didn't look like that.

Brian

Richard.E

Reaction score
What???!!! Holy crap. wow so the new guy must be the dumbest son of bitch out there.

Never met the dude. I’m just hearing second hand info, but it sounds like a language barrier may have lead to the incident. That right there about sums it up.

And yes former new guy. Lol

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Never met the dude. I’m just hearing second hand info, but it sounds like a language barrier may have lead to the incident. That right there about sums it up.

And yes former new guy. Lol

Just showed my wife the pic. She is an ER nurse. Right away says that is fixable. Pulvarized hands have come in before. Can only amputate at that point.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Oh man.. That image just wrecked me for the rest of the day.. :eek:

MOUZER

Reaction score
i had to look like a car wreck just had to look......................

vomit-stock-photos-images-amp-pictures-shutterstock-521044.jpg

Icky

Reaction score
Seems like L.O.T.O. would've stopped this

Dalton

Reaction score
reminds me of my old work where they would harp us like crazy to wear gloves, but with what we were doing gloves wouldn't save shit lol

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I guess the old saying rings true. No good deed goes unpunished. I bet the trainer guy doesn't make that mistake again. I have a guy at work I trust about as far as I can throw him. The other day i asked very kindly for him to just "watch" and to do nothing but observe. The stupid fuk couldn't help himself and had to start putting his hands on shit. I spoke loudly and gruff. It made no impact. some men just can't be reached.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Ah lets be honest, we've all been there Haha
FB_IMG_1525769927213.jpg

Last edited:

Dalton

Reaction score
I guess the old saying rings true. No good deed goes unpunished. I bet the trainer guy doesn't make that mistake again. I have a guy at work I trust about as far as I can throw him. The other day i asked very kindly for him to just "watch" and to do nothing but observe. The stupid fuk couldn't help himself and had to start putting his hands on shit. I spoke loudly and gruff. It made no impact. some men just can't be reached.

his days of training may be over